+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Hey everyone,

I thought I’d start this new thread so we can keep track of those with expired COPRs and where IRCC has reissued them with a new COPR since the recent changes on June 21.

Curious to see if anyone is reissued a new COPR now that those with a valid COPR are exempt under the updated travel restrictions.

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

COPR for my parents was issued before March 18, 2020 ; however due to covid they couldn't travel and the COPR is expired now.

We received and email (sub: Are you able to travel to canada soon?) on Jan 12, 2021 saying that IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity and reply to the email within 10 days ONLY if you are sure you could travel to canada before May 31, 2021. As my parents were not prepared to travel at that time, so we didn't reply to the email.

Now as per the new update on IRCC website
"We’ve already contacted most people with expired COPRs issued on or before March 18, 2020, to explain what to do. If we already sent you instructions to do a new medical or submit updated documents, follow them and wait for us to tell you what happens next. You don’t need to contact us again.

We’re also working to contact anyone else with expired COPRs, including those issued after March 18, 2020.

What happens next:

• We’ll send you an email about your application.
  • If you answer the email and tell us you still want to come to Canada, we’ll tell you what to do next.
  • We may ask you for new medicals and/or updated information.
  • If you don’t respond, we’ll keep your file closed and you’ll have to reapply when you’re ready to come to Canada."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Can anyone suggest what does reapply mean here and how do I go ahead with it?
@legalfalcon any idea?

Last edited:

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
copr got expired june 15, 2021…got remedical letter june 24, 2021…just done medical test and completed…just waitng for ppr…

Reactions: SJCochrane6