+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiration of ielts after receiving invitation and application submission.

Mar 4, 2024
Hello
I got my invitation and submitted bc pnp application and waiting for the nomination. But my ielts test is expired. Will this impact my bc pnp nomination result?
If I retake the test do I need to score same?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello
I got my invitation and submitted bc pnp application and waiting for the nomination. But my ielts test is expired. Will this impact my bc pnp nomination result?
If I retake the test do I need to score same?
If you submitted your application before expiration date , your application gets locked on that date and it will be still considered valid at this point. However for PR application you might need it again. So better to do another test.

deepsodhi24

Feb 23, 2024
If you submitted your application before expiration date , your application gets locked on that date and it will be still considered valid at this point. However for PR application you might need it again. So better to do another test.
Does same go for work permit? If my wp is expiring May 31st and I apply for non express pnp before that, would it still process post application wp expires ?
To be noted, I will be extending the wp before the expiration of current wp.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Does same go for work permit? If my wp is expiring May 31st and I apply for non express pnp before that, would it still process post application wp expires ?
To be noted, I will be extending the wp before the expiration of current wp.
Yes if you apply extension before your current work permit expires, you are still on maintained status and legal status. You can continue working under same employer and under same conditions until decision is made on your application. Your PR application will be processed if your work permit has expired and you have already applied for extension.

Reactions: deepsodhi24

deepsodhi24

Feb 23, 2024
I am looking to apply for a closed work permit as my current open work permit is expiring in May.
Also awaiting oinp fws stream nomination as it is in DIP SINCE THIS JAN.
I am not sure when I will get nominated and apply for pnp and get aor to apply for bowp.
What is the process for cwp ?
I am hearing 2 ways to get cwp :
1) getting LMiA letter and job contract and applying with those docs for cwp
2) employer posts job into employer portal and pays compliance fees and I apply for cwp using nomination letter and wpsl.

which options better suits me as my current owp is expiring soon ? Please need suggestions. Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am looking to apply for a closed work permit as my current open work permit is expiring in May.
Also awaiting oinp fws stream nomination as it is in DIP SINCE THIS JAN.
I am not sure when I will get nominated and apply for pnp and get aor to apply for bowp.
What is the process for cwp ?
I am hearing 2 ways to get cwp :
1) getting LMiA letter and job contract and applying with those docs for cwp
2) employer posts job into employer portal and pays compliance fees and I apply for cwp using nomination letter and wpsl.

which options better suits me as my current owp is expiring soon ? Please need suggestions. Thanks!
If you have nomination, second option is best and fast . If you don’t have nomination , getting a positive LMIA will take time . You can’t extend your work period without nomination WPSL or without a LMIA as it will be refused.

Reactions: deepsodhi24

deepsodhi24

Feb 23, 2024
If you have nomination, second option is best and fast . If you don’t have nomination , getting a positive LMIA will take time . You can’t extend your work period without nomination WPSL or without a LMIA as it will be refused.
Thanks ! Can both these options grant 50 CRS points in express entry?