+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXIT INTERVIEW FOR AFGHANS NATIONAL

Anurz

Aug 3, 2022
hi everyone I hope your doing well , I start this thread for Afghans that recently received exit interview from IOM , please share your experience before or after exit interview and keep update each other to know about our travel to Canada .
Dear All,
When I was informed of my exit interview I also took to the internet to find out what this interview is and I only found this thread by Rahim Khan but unfortunately, I couldn't find much information that actually helped me in my queries. So here is my experience for all those who will ponder upon this thread in search of what an exit interview actually is in the future. This is based on my experience and the conversations I had with the IOM reps present at the airport. So here we go!
I j was asked to report to the airport at 8 am in the morning for an exit interview. I and my family were there on time. The IOM representatives didn't show up until 12 that afternoon. So expect a long wait! I don't know if this was commonplace but one Afghan said that his family got the same treatment and that the interviews started at 12 and finished late in the evening. The exit interview is actually not a Canadian embassy initiative but one imposed by the FIA Pakistan. The interviews are done by Pakistani FIA officials and not IOM or Canadian embassy officials. The reason behind this interview is actually quite simple "Identify Afghans". Many Afghans crossed the border illegally and are staying in Pakistan illegally. Some of these Afghans might not have proper documentation like Tazkiras and Passports to confirm their identities so the FIA wants to make sure that only Afghans are leaving through the airport and other people are not manipulating the system i.e citizens of Pakistan. When you show up for the interview and the IOM officials show up. They will ask you to make two separate lines. People who have Pakistani entry stamps and ones who don't. If you have acquired a visa to illegally enter Pakistan your passport number will be matched against a list and the entry date will be noted. You will be asked to leave without an interview because you don't need it. Your passport and the visa you acquired along with the entry stamp is enough confirmation that you actually are an Afghan and FIA doesn't need further questioning. However, if you are in Pakistan illegally and have crossed the border illegally then they would ask you to stay and the FIA will interview you. I have been told that it is a simple interview just to determine that you are an Afghan and they ask you reasons why you left Afghanistan. I asked the IOM what is next and he said that they will work on exit permits for people who have expired visas and work on ticketing and flights. Although, he graciously gave me this information he said he is not representing CIC so he doesn't know if this will the final stage of the required process. IRCC will determine each individual's case and if they deem it necessary they might request additional processing. All of this has been my personal experience and has been based on word of mouth but I think it is much more comprehensive than anything else you will find on the internet about this particular process. I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Tanha Waga

Jun 30, 2022
Dear All,
When I was informed of my exit interview I also took to the internet to find out what this interview is and I only found this thread by Rahim Khan but unfortunately, I couldn't find much information that actually helped me in my queries. So here is my experience for all those who will ponder upon this thread in search of what an exit interview actually is in the future. This is based on my experience and the conversations I had with the IOM reps present at the airport. So here we go!
I j was asked to report to the airport at 8 am in the morning for an exit interview. I and my family were there on time. The IOM representatives didn't show up until 12 that afternoon. So expect a long wait! I don't know if this was commonplace but one Afghan said that his family got the same treatment and that the interviews started at 12 and finished late in the evening. The exit interview is actually not a Canadian embassy initiative but one imposed by the FIA Pakistan. The interviews are done by Pakistani FIA officials and not IOM or Canadian embassy officials. The reason behind this interview is actually quite simple "Identify Afghans". Many Afghans crossed the border illegally and are staying in Pakistan illegally. Some of these Afghans might not have proper documentation like Tazkiras and Passports to confirm their identities so the FIA wants to make sure that only Afghans are leaving through the airport and other people are not manipulating the system i.e citizens of Pakistan. When you show up for the interview and the IOM officials show up. They will ask you to make two separate lines. People who have Pakistani entry stamps and ones who don't. If you have acquired a visa to illegally enter Pakistan your passport number will be matched against a list and the entry date will be noted. You will be asked to leave without an interview because you don't need it. Your passport and the visa you acquired along with the entry stamp is enough confirmation that you actually are an Afghan and FIA doesn't need further questioning. However, if you are in Pakistan illegally and have crossed the border illegally then they would ask you to stay and the FIA will interview you. I have been told that it is a simple interview just to determine that you are an Afghan and they ask you reasons why you left Afghanistan. I asked the IOM what is next and he said that they will work on exit permits for people who have expired visas and work on ticketing and flights. Although, he graciously gave me this information he said he is not representing CIC so he doesn't know if this will the final stage of the required process. IRCC will determine each individual's case and if they deem it necessary they might request additional processing. All of this has been my personal experience and has been based on word of mouth but I think it is much more comprehensive than anything else you will find on the internet about this particular process. I hope this helps. Best of luck!
Thank you so much for this comprehensive and detailed reply. I wish you best of luck with whatever you do ahead.
I have been very distressed about this topic and waited for months for an answer that can give me details about my family. So it helps a lot thank you so much God give you ewazuna for writing this reply.

Abed2022

Aug 25, 2022
I also got the interview, but my application is still in process. Despite I passed medical examination and Exit Interview, my application is in process.

Nov 16, 2022
hi every one I hope your doing well , I start this thread for Afghans that recently received exit interview from IOM , please share your experience before or after exit interview and keep update each other to know about our travel to Canada .
Hello can you please tell me what is exit permit interview and what questions will be ask in this interview ?

omedsyed

Dec 19, 2022
Hi everyone, I have just received an email for my exit interview. Anyone has an idea when exactly they call you for an exit interview after the email ?

Tanha Waga

Jun 30, 2022
Hi Everyone. My mom and one sister have reached Canada. But my other sister and a brother are still in Pakistan and waiting for their flight. Is anyone else aware of such families who are still waiting in Pakistan?. Its now been 4 months since the flight for my mother and sister.
Are people still giving exit interviews and are chartered flights also flying out?
What is going on and why is it being so late? Please help if anyone has any information regarding this.
Thank you.