+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing interview timeline.

LoneRider

Jul 4, 2017
So I've noticed. Thanks. Do you know if my wife would have to be present? My lawyer had paid my Right of Permanent Residence Fee upfront when the application was initially submitted. Do you know if I am still required to show proof of this payment or would Etobicoke know that it was already paid? It may be kind of a silly question but I'm trying to avoid any hiccups or misunderstanding that would hinder a smooth interview. Another thing is that my drivers license has my previous address if they ask for it. Would this be a problem? I do have several proof of my current address however.
If your wife will also be recieving PR then yes she needs to be there with you. I am not too sure about the fee. In regards to your driver license they will not ask for it. In the email you recieve from them they will tell you exactly what you need to bring and the interview will most likely take no longer than 5 minutes. It will also be smooth.
If I am mistaken here feel free to correct me anyone.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
No I haven't received anything about visa. I only received email that request medical and police. I have sent them to the visa office. Waiting
Maybe after your husband landing interview , Please keep us updated

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017
If your wife will also be recieving PR then yes she needs to be there with you. I am not too sure about the fee. In regards to your driver license they will not ask for it. In the email you recieve from them they will tell you exactly what you need to bring and the interview will most likely take no longer than 5 minutes. It will also be smooth.
If I am mistaken here feel free to correct me anyone.
Oh I see. My wife is the one who sponsored me. I guess I will just verify with the layer's office about the fee. I paid $1,040 and they also confirmed that the Right of Permanent Resident Fee was included. I'm just hoping at Etobicoke the proof will be obvious. Thanks.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
My lawyer had paid my Right of Permanent Residence Fee upfront when the application was initially submitted.
Refugees don’t have to pay this fee, how could your lawyer paid it?? Are you sure it’s the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ??

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Attached to this email is a letter indicating the date and time of your permanent resident landing interview at CIC Etobicoke. Please print this letter and bring it with you to your interview. Also attached is a document detailing the photo requirements for your confirmation of permanent residence document.

I got this email from Etobicoke office and I did not get any request for PPR, I am in Toronto, all other people from my country who work in the same office got PPR request. why my application is handled differently?

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Attached to this email is a letter indicating the date and time of your permanent resident landing interview at CIC Etobicoke. Please print this letter and bring it with you to your interview. Also attached is a document detailing the photo requirements for your confirmation of permanent residence document.

I got this email from Etobicoke office and I did not get any request for PPR, I am in Toronto, all other people from my country who work in the same office got PPR request. why my application is handled differently?
this means I don't need PPR and do direct landing?

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017

Congratulations .....finally. Are you saying that the letter did not state passport as one of the things that you should bring to the interview? However, I know that every case is unique to itself and may not be treated the same way. They may ask some people to bring certain things to the interview and others may be a bit different.

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Congratulations .....finally. Are you saying that the letter did not state passport as one of the things that you should bring to the interview? However, I know that every case is unique to itself and may not be treated the same way. They may ask some people to bring certain things to the interview and others may be a bit different.
they asked to bring a passport, 2 photographs, RPRP fee I already paid, usually other first had submitted passport for stamping in Ottawa then went to landing, but for me, they did not stamp and only asked for direct landing?

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017
they asked to bring a passport, 2 photographs, RPRP fee I already paid, usually other first had submitted passport for stamping in Ottawa then went to landing, but for me, they did not stamp and only asked for direct landing?
Well there you go. You just said they asked you to bring your passport. So why did you say they did not request your passport? You need to bring your passport along with 2 Permanent Resident photos (Not passport pictures) along with anything else they requested you to bring to the interview including a copy of your interview letter. They will ask you for these things at Etobicoke and you will get your landing there. Don't worry about it. If there was an issue or concern with your application it wouldn't have gotten to this stage. Good luck.

Rima73

Dec 3, 2018
I recieved an email that decision has been made and a letter indicating my spouse and children was send does it mean that the dependants are accepted as dependants? Because one of them is overage.
Somebody please advice.

lknd3

Jan 11, 2018
Hello all, I noticed some people asking about their passports or the RFPR fee and some confusion around it, I just received my appointmet letter a few days ago and it specifically says that you are not required to have your passport or pay that fee.

Appointment letter:
Dear client(s),

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for: XXXXXXXX

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview, unless these have been seized by IRCC or CBSA. Seized documents will be requested by this office prior to the date of your interview. No action is required on your part.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class

o Your sponsor must be present

o You must provide evidence of cohabitation

Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

o If you have not yet paid this fee, you must do so on-line at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments will not be accepted at local office on the day of your appointment. You MUST make this payment a minimum of 7 business days before your scheduled interview. You must also bring the receipt with you to the interview or this appointment will be re-scheduled.

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I recieved an email that decision has been made and a letter indicating my spouse and children was send does it mean that the dependants are accepted as dependants? Because one of them is overage.
Somebody please advice.
Are they overseas?? please your time line