+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing interview timeline.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
guys would you help me?i dont know the meaning of DM and landing interview.i claimed my file 3th oct,and they told me my hearing will be in next12-24monthes,does it really like this?
They will schedule a hearing date with you in 12-24 months. In that hearing, the IRB will decide if you meet the definition of a refugee (hear your story and ask you questions about it). If you do, they will accept you as avrefugee and issue you a Notice of Decision, then you’ll be able to apply for permanent residence.

If God forbid they don’t accept you, they will start the process of removing you from Canada unless you appeal.

Reactions: hamasi

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
They will schedule a hearing date with you in 12-24 months. In that hearing, the IRB will decide if you meet the definition of a refugee (hear your story and ask you questions about it). If you do, they will accept you as avrefugee and issue you a Notice of Decision, then you’ll be able to apply for permanent residence.

If God forbid they don’t accept you, they will start the process of removing you from Canada unless you appeal.
thank you.and what is DM ?and i will get the notification by regular mail or email?

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
DM stands for Decision Made.
Your lawyer should get a letter when a hearing is scheduled. You have to keep in contact with your lawyer.
and i will a letter for the hearing yes?
i have some qoestions,1-will my lawyer help me or speak on my behalf in hearing?or he/she will just seat and wont speak so much?y lawyer
2-will my lawyer prepare me for hearing?and should i see him/her till hearing?
couz my lawyer is legal aid lawyer.what kind of help my lawyer would be able to do basically?

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

A generic query to whomever has gone thru the landing process by scheduling an interview with Visa officer.

Can we schedule an interview, even before we have the passport in hand (with the temporary COPR visa) ?

My case is- I am inside Canada and wanna complete the landing process (inside Canada) ASAP, so that i can book tickets for my spouse (dependent in my application) allowing her travel to Canada and complete her landing process.
Appreciate your inputs. Thank you

PS: i am aware that primary applicant should complete their PR landing process before/ along with the dependents, otherwise dependents will not be able to go thru the landing process.

Last edited:

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
and i will a letter for the hearing yes?
i have some qoestions,1-will my lawyer help me or speak on my behalf in hearing?or he/she will just seat and wont speak so much?y lawyer
2-will my lawyer prepare me for hearing?and should i see him/her till hearing?
couz my lawyer is legal aid lawyer.what kind of help my lawyer would be able to do basically?
Your lawyer will defend you in the hearing by representing proofs that you cannot go back to your country(ex: police or hospital reports, newspaper articles). These proofs you need to provide them ofc. She/he will list all the reasons that might help you get a positive hearing.

Lawyers don’t usually have much time to sit with you and prepare you for your hearing, but there are organizations that know a lot about the refugee system where they can sit with you one-on-one and explain to you anything you want to know about the hearing.

Reactions: hamasi

Shaizsarewr

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
App. Filed.......
June13 2018
AOR Received.
July
File Transfer...
August 21-2018
Med's Request
August 19 2018
Med's Done....
Sep3
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Inland
LANDED..........
Waiting

Sameerabutt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi brother
How was the interview.
Everything went ok!?
Pleasee update
It was great. Just took 5 minutes to grant me permanent residency
Nothing to worry just check information on COPR n sign it
Now I m permanent resident with my 2 children. Now my spous application ll start processing in london visa office.

Reactions: Shaizsarewr

Shaizsarewr

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
App. Filed.......
June13 2018
AOR Received.
July
File Transfer...
August 21-2018
Med's Request
August 19 2018
Med's Done....
Sep3
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Inland
LANDED..........
Waiting
It was great. Just took 5 minutes to grant me permanent residency
Nothing to worry just check information on COPR n sign it
Now I m permanent resident with my 2 children. Now my spous application ll start processing in london visa office.
Congratulations brother.
Im still waiting for DM
Lets hope its coming this