+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing interview timeline.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
My interview at Etobicoke was scheduled for today. I am happy to inform all that I finally got my PR. :)
Although the mail mentioned it as an interview, but it was nothing like one. It was landing actually. I am not sure why did I did not get the typical 'passport request' email for PPR and was directly called for Landing by IRCC Etobicoke.

But here is my new concern. I really hope that somebody from this forum would be able to help me out for this. :(

Usually people get the passport request email and passports are submitted for all the applicants (including dependents not in Canada right now).However, as mentioned I did not get this email and was directly called for landing interview.
How is my spouse who is in India currently going to get his Visa to enter Canada?
I do not have any PPR email based on which my spouse can submit his passport.

I called the IRCC helpline and inquired for same. However the lady did not seem to be too sure herself. She said you 'might' get it soon. She did not seem to be clear about this whole new process thing,

Please help!! Will I get a separate passport request mail for my spouse? Is there anything that I can do to followup?

Thanks in advance.
First of all congrats for becoming the PR.

You are the principal applicant, so you must have to get PR first then your dependents (wife , baby). You will be asked to submit your wife’s and kids medical and PCC within one month ( depends how busy the overseas visa office is), after submitting medical and PCC, your dependents application will turns DM. After DM you will get an email from The visa office to submit their passports.The whole process should not take more then 5 months.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
My interview at Etobicoke was scheduled for today. I am happy to inform all that I finally got my PR. :)
Although the mail mentioned it as an interview, but it was nothing like one. It was landing actually. I am not sure why did I did not get the typical 'passport request' email for PPR and was directly called for Landing by IRCC Etobicoke.

But here is my new concern. I really hope that somebody from this forum would be able to help me out for this. :(

Usually people get the passport request email and passports are submitted for all the applicants (including dependents not in Canada right now).However, as mentioned I did not get this email and was directly called for landing interview.
How is my spouse who is in India currently going to get his Visa to enter Canada?
I do not have any PPR email based on which my spouse can submit his passport.

I called the IRCC helpline and inquired for same. However the lady did not seem to be too sure herself. She said you 'might' get it soon. She did not seem to be clear about this whole new process thing,

Please help!! Will I get a separate passport request mail for my spouse? Is there anything that I can do to followup?

Thanks in advance.
As far as I know all inland refugees don't get a passport request as our passports are with IRCC, instead we go straight for a landing interview. As for your dependents I believe that after you land IRCC notifies the embassy to finalize your dependents papers.So I think that the Canadian embassy of your dependents' country of residence will get in touch with them anytime now. I hope other members correct me if I missed something. All the best!

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

My parents application for visa extension transferred to etobicoke visa office. Anyone any idea why they sent file there and what is going on. We are very worried about this. Please give your opinions as to what to expect from this visa office.

Thank you so much in advance for replying.
Please give any opinions

safioullah

Jun 30, 2017
Hi everyone
I am a protected person in Canada I Am pr on 28 may 2018 my wife is back home I received a letter from the embassy and asked me to send police clearance for my wife I sent that and some other forms still waiting what will be next step when will my wife get the visa.
I don’t have children.

Thanks

Preet31

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Good Morning everyone,

can someone please share their experience?
I got AIP for me and my spouse on 29th June and still waiting for DM, I want to know how long does it take to get DM or a interview letter from Etobicoke? I'm December 2016 applicant.

This waiting is so frustrating :eek:
Thank You

andrestatic

Jul 3, 2017
Good Morning everyone,

can someone please share their experience?
I got AIP for me and my spouse on 29th June and still waiting for DM, I want to know how long does it take to get DM or a interview letter from Etobicoke? I'm December 2016 applicant.

This waiting is so frustrating :eek:
Thank You

andrestatic

Jul 3, 2017
Good morning, here’s is my time line:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on September 23, 2016.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2018 about the decision on your application.
  8. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on July 12, 2018 and became a Permanent Resident.
Logout

Mattcorp99

Apr 20, 2018
Good morning, here’s is my time line:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 24, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on September 23, 2016.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2018 about the decision on your application.
  8. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on July 12, 2018 and became a Permanent Resident.
Logout
congratulations