+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello friends...
My Inland Interview for landing was scheduled on 26th March but it got cancelled a few days earlier due to the Covid-19 issue. I have not received any further communication from IRCC apart from the cancellation of the interview.

I need help on below 2 points :
1. I am tracking the IRCC portal / twitter and also went through previous posts on this forum. It does not seem that anyone has received revised information for the Telephonic interview / alternate arrangements. If anyone has any update on this, request to Share.

2. The IRCC website says that the travel restrictions are exempted for those whose COPR was issued prior to 18th March. So in theory if I travel to my home country after the travel restrictions are lifted and then arrive back before my COPR expires, will I be eligible to do my landing at the POE (Airport).

I know its not safe to travel now, but I may need to do an unavoidable travel 1.5 months from now. So was checking in advance (in case the issue with inland interview is not sorted by then).

Thanks in advise for your suggestions.

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020
Hello friends...
My Inland Interview for landing was scheduled on 26th March but it got cancelled a few days earlier due to the Covid-19 issue. I have not received any further communication from IRCC apart from the cancellation of the interview.

1. I am tracking the IRCC portal / twitter and also went through previous posts on this forum. It does not seem that anyone has received revised information for the Telephonic interview / alternate arrangements. If anyone has any update on this, request to Share.

2. The IRCC website says that the travel restrictions are exempted for those whose COPR was issued prior to 18th March. So in theory if I travel to my home country after the travel restrictions are lifted and then arrive back before my COPR expires, will I be eligible to do my landing at the POE (Airport).

I know its not safe to travel now, but I may need to do an unavoidable travel 1.5 months from now. So was checking in advance (in case the issue with inland interview is not sorted by then).

I was planning to do the same actually, fly out and come back. It seems like the landing process is available at the airport based on a couple posts from another thread

Reactions: prashantpraut

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hello. I am inland FSW candidate. I too had a Landing interview scheduled on 27th March in Vancouver, but got cancelled due to Covid.
No further updates on when it will get rescheduled. So I am just following threads to see if anyone got any update or telephonic interview. Thanks.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Did they tried travel to India and came back? or some other country folks?
Generally people go to US and come back. Some call the process flagpole. You can search the technique on Google. Canada border officers at POE (port of entry by land) then are able to give PR documents using COPR I have read. But this process is not advisable and can be risky. It could be even more risky/uncertain and not advisable in current Covid scenario.

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Generally people go to US and come back. Some call the process flagpole. You can search the technique on Google. Canada border officers at POE (port of entry by land) then are able to give PR documents using COPR I have read. But this process is not advisable and can be risky. It could be even more risky/uncertain and not advisable in current Covid scenario.
Flagpoling is not allowed. It is clearly stated in the mail from IRCC that any travel to the Port of Entry for the purpose of Immigration will not be counted as essential services. I do not recommend even taking a chance.

Reactions: EE12345

OEJOS

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hello friends...

hey, we have the same landing interview date.

I called IRCC this morning and agent send this to my email.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Coronavirus - PR approved - In Canada

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR,
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.