+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
How did you get your landing interview? Without your COPR?

I thought you need your COPR first and then you send an email to request a landing interview?

I sent CIC two photos, and s copy of my passport, as they requested. In return I’ll get my COPR, and then I’ll book my landing interview. That’s how I though it works. I’m guessing instructions on how to book my landing interview will be provided with the COPR.
We have applied under incanada spouse category. And enail we received is :
Attached to this email is a letter indicating the date and time of your permanent resident landing interview at CIC Etobicoke. Please print this letter and bring it with you to your interview. Also attached is a document detailing the photo requirements for your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Attached letter in email says :

Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 11:00 AM on July 10, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:  Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.  Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.  Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.  Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.  Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.
Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).
Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada, and your file may be closed accordingly. If you have any concerns, please call 1-888-242-2100.
Do you have questions? Avez-vous des questions?
Website / Site web: www.cic.gc.ca
Client Support Centre / Centre de soutien à la clientèle: 1-888-242-2100
Agent DK IRCC Etobicoke

Pls advise. We paid 1040$ so I believe that included RPRF fee- I will show them that receipt.

mathew.robn

Feb 22, 2016
Hi Everyone, We got my son's CoPR on May 15th and an email from CIC that the landing appointment request was sent to Etobicoke on May 17th. however i have not heard back since then despite multiple email chasers and web forms being raised. Is there anyway that we can get an update from CIC about when the landing appointment will be? We need to travel back to India in Sep 2019 and my son still has not been able to complete his landing. any help here would be appreciated.

mathew.robn

Feb 22, 2016
Thanks for sharing your amazing experience, and it helps a lot! I got a PR Landing Interview letter and I will be having it in 3 weeks from now on. I have a concern about my renewed passport that is not matched with the one that CIC currently has. Should I inform them before landing interview nor would I be okay just to go there with my renewed passport? Thanks for your cooperation!
Congrats on this Daniel. Could you please let me know what the timelines of your application was?

Al7786A

Apr 10, 2018
Hi Everyone, We got my son's CoPR on May 15th and an email from CIC that the landing appointment request was sent to Etobicoke on May 17th. however i have not heard back since then despite multiple email chasers and web forms being raised. Is there anyway that we can get an update from CIC about when the landing appointment will be? We need to travel back to India in Sep 2019 and my son still has not been able to complete his landing. any help here would be appreciated.
So did you get your COPR and CIC said they will book the landing appointment for you?

I thought the landing appointment is something you need to book yourself??

Also, if you’re flying out, why don’t you just do a landing at the border on your way back.

I’m also waiting for my COPR and will need to book my appointment too.

mathew.robn

Feb 22, 2016
So did you get your COPR and CIC said they will book the landing appointment for you?

I thought the landing appointment is something you need to book yourself??

Also, if you’re flying out, why don’t you just do a landing at the border on your way back.

I’m also waiting for my COPR and will need to book my appointment too.
So at the time of getting the CoPR i got an email that the landing request has been sent to Etobicoke for confirmation. I also sent the email to the ID that this forum mentioned with the required details a number of times and havent gotten a confirmation of when the landing will be.

Yes my worst case scenario is that we wait till September end and get his CoPR stamped at the border but this is delaying his OHIP coverage and uninsured medicals is getting pretty expensive. Im hoping I hear from the Etobicoke office soon and complete the landing here if possible.

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi,

Please post your experience, how you are doing landing with out passport. did you got any answers

please share as i got same landing interview, but i sent passport to CPC Ottawa on june 24 2019, still with IRCC, i got landing interview on July 11, 2019. i am totally confused.

Thanks

Attached to this email is a letter indicating the date and time of your permanent resident landing interview at CIC Etobicoke. Please print this letter and bring it with you to your interview. Also attached is a document detailing the photo requirements for your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 11:00 AM on July 10, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:  Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.  Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.  Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.  Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.  Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada, and your file may be closed accordingly. If you have any concerns, please call 1-888-242-2100.
Agent DK IRCC Etobicoke

Pls advise. We paid 1040$ so I believe that included RPRF fee- I will show them that receipt.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi,

Please post your experience, how you are doing landing with out passport. did you got any answers

please share as i got same landing interview, but i sent passport to CPC Ottawa on june 24 2019, still with IRCC, i got landing interview on July 11, 2019. i am totally confused.

Thanks
We have passport with us. but we are confused about CoPR as we have not received that.

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
We have passport with us. but we are confused about CoPR as we have not received that.
If you didn't receive 'Ready for Visa' (commonly known as PPR - Passport Request) email to submit your passport and received a direct landing interview dates then you will get your COPRs on your landing interview.

Reactions: arorahemant81

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share my experience of inland landing in Etobicoke, as I noticed there aren't many recent posts about it.

Getting the appointment

When you received your COPR, it will direct you to call the usual number (888-242-2100) to schedule an appointment. In reality, when you call an automated message will tell you to email ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca and it will also give you a long list of all the information you must include to schedule an interview.

I sent the request on 20th Feb 2019 and received confirmation of my appointment by email a week later. The appointment itself was scheduled for 11am on March 5th. Be aware the email confirmation says that you may only reschedule the appointment in case of emergencies.

At the appointment

We arrived 20 minutes early for our appointment. There is a reception desk and they will issue you with a numbered ticket and you must wait for your number to be called.

Unfortunately, this was the worst part - it took 2hs 20mins (i.e. 1pm) until our number was called despite our appointment time of 11am. So, please be prepared for a lot of waiting. Since you have no control over when your appointment is scheduled, there is nothing really you can do. I had read this process was very efficient, so I was quite disappointed! The waiting room was very crowded and noisy also.

The appointment itself is very easy/smooth and takes 10 minutes. You don't even go into an interview room, they just direct you to a counter. They took our documents (interview confirmation email, passports, COPR, photos). Nothing else was requested in terms of documentation, although we took all our paperwork in case.

The questions are simple:

1. When did you first enter Canada? (I asked a clarifying question if this meant for vacation or on the work permit, the answer was the work permit)
2. Have you left Canada since then?
3. (If yes) When did you last enter Canada?
4. Where did you enter Canada when you first entered/last entered? (i.e. which airport/border crossing)
5. Have you ever committed a crime/been refused entry to Canada

And that's it - you and the immigration officer sign the PR document and it becomes valid. They explain the basics and tell you that the PR card will take 8 - 10 weeks to arrive. Then, they send you to Service Canada.

After the appointment

Service Canada is right next door (in the same building), so you can get your new SIN number. It took about 30 minutes to be called and they congratulated us on our new PR status. Process is identical to getting a SIN under a work permit. They take your paper with your old SIN and give you a new document for the new SIN (starts with a 5 not a 9).

There is no Service Ontario, but the paper that you are given with your COPR at the landing appointment explains that if you already have OHIP, you need only call Service Ontario to inform them you are now a PR. No need to go to a Service Ontario office.

You must also inform your bank, employer and CRA of your new SIN number.

Hope this is useful for someone. My major learning point is: be prepared to wait for a long time!

Hi,

One question - If i book an appointment for landing but i go to Rainbow bridge at Niagara to do landing, will there be any problem? Is in the appointment email mention something to cancel the appointment if date is very far? And, i decide to do landing on port i.e. Rainbow bridge?

Please advise.

Regards
priya

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Hi,

One question - If i book an appointment for landing but i go to Rainbow bridge at Niagara to do landing, will there be any problem? Is in the appointment email mention something to cancel the appointment if date is very far? And, i decide to do landing on port i.e. Rainbow bridge?

Please advise.

Regards
priya
If you already have received a landing date which is far in future and you want to land before that on a land border, you should inform IRCC on a safer side. Others may share their thoughts and experience if any. I am quoting below what they say on the landing interview document:

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
If i have already completed the process at another port then how it make the impression that i m not interested???

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
If you didn't receive 'Ready for Visa' (commonly known as PPR - Passport Request) email to submit your passport and received a direct landing interview dates then you will get your COPRs on your landing interview.
Thanks . This is what we needed to know. Thanks buddy!

bseer3

Aug 14, 2018

Dear Client,
Agent DK IRCC Etobicoke

Same letter for me for July 18th interview at Etibicoke. Planning to go with this letter and other requested docs in letter. I believe we will receive COPR and other at the interview. I am primary and my spouse & daughter will accompany me.

Thanks
Basheer.

espresso

Dec 1, 2018

Dear Client,
Agent DK IRCC Etobicoke

Regarding the rprf fee ,i made the payment online while filing my application and am unsure where to find the receipt . Could you let me know where did you find the receipt?