+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

kazi.sabbir

Apr 3, 2019
Thanks VickiC and other good people who shared their experience.
I just received appointment confirmation email today for landing at Etobicoke next week.
Please help me with a confusion.
On the list of things to take to the appointment on the invitation letter, they also mentioned
"Two photographs for your permanent resident card" - Do I need to take new photos or these are just the ones returned with my CoPR (one attached on the CoPR and another loose)?

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
I had the same issue. People on here advised me to take new photos just in case.

The agent did ask for them during the landing, but then seemed to change their mind and handed them straight back (so I still have them!).

So if you can take them, please do for your peace of mind. Maybe sometimes it is required.

Reactions: kazi.sabbir

talwinder@

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
hi guys i have completed my landing today at etobicoke office...i was very smooth process...it took only 10 minutes to complete landing...then i got my new SIN on very next door service canada,it took 45 minutes to beacse of rush.

Reactions: camino_walkers

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Inland Landing Experience @ CIC Etobicoke​

Date: 25-March-2019
Appointment Time: 11AM
CEC Inland: Primary Applicant + Spouse + Toddler

Here is my PPR story and timeline.
-------
7:00 AM
We woke up and got ready for the long day ahead, excited and nervous at the same time. We promised our 3-year old daughter last night that we will drive to McDonald’ for breakfast tomorrow so we reminded her about it this morning again (Just to motivate her so she gets ready faster ;) I guess she was also happy like us but for the breakfast :)

8:35 AM
Ready to hit the road. We left early to beat the morning traffic rush and unexpected delays (if any)

9:17 AM
We reached at the CIC Etobicoke office and parked our car in the basement Impark parking lot. The hourly charge is $6.00 and the max for the day is $12.00. If you are driving here, I recommend reaching there early to get a parking spot as most of the parking is occupied by monthly parkers or building occupants. We headed to the ground floor where CIC office is.

9:33 AM
We were standing at the front desk and a person handed us the token number after looking at our appointment letters. The space was not crowded at that time, and we find the space to sit. We didn’t have to wait too long for our token number to be displayed on the display boards.

9:45 AM
We went to the counter number displayed against our token number. Please note that though our appointment time was 11AM, no one raised any questions why we came 1.5 hours before. I recommend going as early as possible to avoid crowd during the latter part of the day.

A lady greeted us and asked for our appointment letters. She then asked for COPRs and Passports. She asked if the first and last entry dates are correct on COPR. It wasn’t so we told her the correct dates and she corrected them manually on all COPRs. Then she asked few questions; if I have any other spouses in other countries. I said the current one is more than enough . Then she asked if I was convicted or deported from any country, the answer was No. It took her sometime to correct the dates. Then she asked us to sign the COPRs and congratulated us. I asked her if she needs the additional photos we brought, she said it is not required as the photos on COPRs look good. I asked if she needs the RPRF receipt, she said it is not required. Then I asked if she needs our current/old work permits. She said you can keep them as souvenir :D I finally asked her to validate the mailing address for the PR card delivery and she confirmed the address. She handed over the copies of COPRs and Passports. She congratulated us once again and asked us to go to Service Canada office next door to get our permanent SIN.

Another important point to note that after landing keep the copy of COPR safe as you will need it when you apply for citizenship and when you turn 65 and apply for old age pension. You cannot laminate the COPR.

10:24 AM
We rearranged all our documents and headed to the Service Canada office next door.

10:29 AM
We got the forms at Service Canada as we need to update SINs for all of us.

11:06 AM
We were called to a counter and our new SINs were created. We also took the copy of our current SINs just in case they ask for it. The person congratulated us and informed us to update the SIN with the employer.

11:28 AM
We drove to the Service Ontario nearby my home to update our health cards with the new status.

12:04 PM
We reached Service Ontario and asked the front desk lady for the Health Card forms to update them with our new status. Also got the token number.

12:47 PM
Our token number displayed, and we went to the counter. The lady asked for the forms, current health cards and COPRs. She processed them and provided the receipts. She didn’t click the pictures for the new health cards as she informed us that they will use the old health card pictures. She then punched the old health card, so they became invalid, BUT she informed that we can still make doctor’s appointment with those cards along with the receipts, and they will be valid until we get the new cards.

1:11 PM
We were out of Service Ontario and headed to our tax consultant office so that we can file the 2018 taxes with our new SINs :)

1:32 PM
We reached our tax consultant office and she updated the SINs while filing our taxes for 2018.

2:16 PM
We were done with all the important tasks and now is the time to fulfill the promise I made to my daughter – breakfast at McDonald’s

2:32 PM
We were sitting at a McDonald’s and enjoyed the breakfast/meals. The happiness on my daughter’s face – Priceless.

And then the most innocent question she asked – “Daddy, why are we eating breakfast so late?” (Don’t worry, she was eating throughout the day. We usually keep a bag full of her favorite snacks and meals ;)

3:36 PM
Home Sweet Home
That is a great story right there.

Sagarika123

May 14, 2019
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share my experience of inland landing in Etobicoke, as I noticed there aren't many recent posts about it.

Getting the appointment

When you received your COPR, it will direct you to call the usual number (888-242-2100) to schedule an appointment. In reality, when you call an automated message will tell you to email ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca and it will also give you a long list of all the information you must include to schedule an interview.

I sent the request on 20th Feb 2019 and received confirmation of my appointment by email a week later. The appointment itself was scheduled for 11am on March 5th. Be aware the email confirmation says that you may only reschedule the appointment in case of emergencies.

At the appointment

We arrived 20 minutes early for our appointment. There is a reception desk and they will issue you with a numbered ticket and you must wait for your number to be called.

Unfortunately, this was the worst part - it took 2hs 20mins (i.e. 1pm) until our number was called despite our appointment time of 11am. So, please be prepared for a lot of waiting. Since you have no control over when your appointment is scheduled, there is nothing really you can do. I had read this process was very efficient, so I was quite disappointed! The waiting room was very crowded and noisy also.

The appointment itself is very easy/smooth and takes 10 minutes. You don't even go into an interview room, they just direct you to a counter. They took our documents (interview confirmation email, passports, COPR, photos). Nothing else was requested in terms of documentation, although we took all our paperwork in case.

The questions are simple:

1. When did you first enter Canada? (I asked a clarifying question if this meant for vacation or on the work permit, the answer was the work permit)
2. Have you left Canada since then?
3. (If yes) When did you last enter Canada?
4. Where did you enter Canada when you first entered/last entered? (i.e. which airport/border crossing)
5. Have you ever committed a crime/been refused entry to Canada

And that's it - you and the immigration officer sign the PR document and it becomes valid. They explain the basics and tell you that the PR card will take 8 - 10 weeks to arrive. Then, they send you to Service Canada.

After the appointment

Service Canada is right next door (in the same building), so you can get your new SIN number. It took about 30 minutes to be called and they congratulated us on our new PR status. Process is identical to getting a SIN under a work permit. They take your paper with your old SIN and give you a new document for the new SIN (starts with a 5 not a 9).

There is no Service Ontario, but the paper that you are given with your COPR at the landing appointment explains that if you already have OHIP, you need only call Service Ontario to inform them you are now a PR. No need to go to a Service Ontario office.

You must also inform your bank, employer and CRA of your new SIN number.

Hope this is useful for someone. My major learning point is: be prepared to wait for a long time!

Hello sir,

I got my CoPR when I sent an email with all details to book my appointment I didn’t receive any automated email. May I what to do now? It’s been a day and I didn’t receive any yet. Please suggest.

talwinder@

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Hello sir,

I got my CoPR when I sent an email with all details to book my appointment I didn’t receive any automated email. May I what to do now? It’s been a day and I didn’t receive any yet. Please suggest.
just call them to book an appointment. i think that is the best way.

Reactions: Sagarika123

Sagarika123

May 14, 2019
I sent an email requesting an appointment on Feb 19, and I’m on the same boat, but didn’t even receive an automated email. I just emailed the Etobicoke office directly (no automated response either). I think it has to do with the CoPR expiry date. Mine expires in the end of August.

Sagarika123

May 14, 2019
Hi,

I emailed today to book appointment but even I didn’t get automated response. Is there any update on yours? May I know what happened later? When I tried to call then the call is automated to system. I can’t connect to a representative.

Sagarika123

May 14, 2019
I tried calling to them but the call is connecting to automated system and I could not connect to a representative. Any suggestion?

talwinder@

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
I tried calling to them but the call is connecting to automated system and I could not connect to a representative. Any suggestion?
i usually call them in evening time and get connected...if u r in toronto call around 6 in the evening or early morning around 8.30....try 3 4 times regularly u will get connected.hope this helps

Reactions: Sagarika123

Sagarika123

May 14, 2019
Thanks for your suggestion sir. I called them at 7am and got to know they stopped doing landing at Etobicoke office and they are sending people to Niagara office. This change happened since last week

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Thanks for your suggestion sir. I called them at 7am and got to know they stopped doing landing at Etobicoke office and they are sending people to Niagara office. This change happened since last week
What number did you contact? Thanks

Kaurman

Sep 20, 2018
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
14 Nov 2017
Med's Request
24 April 2018
Med's Done....
3 may 2018
Passport Req..
8 May 2019
hey guys!

anybody did landing recently at Rainbow Bridge?

i also have a question, if i am going to book an landing appointment , in case i will do flagpoling is it okey? then i don't need to do landing interview.

RuchiArth

May 27, 2019
Hi All,

I received Inland landing letter on May 24, 2019. So happy for that.
Now I need to schedule an appointment for Interview in Etobicoke.
I gave call on 888-242-2100 i.e. CIC and got instructions to email on ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca with following details:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complete Name
Date of Birth
UCI#
Application#
Residential Address in Canada
Expiry date of COPR
Expiry date of Temporary status

Family members (if any)
UCI#
Complete Name
Date of Birth

Name of the person who is contacting IRCC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am confused and need help if anyone had recently went through interview which date will come in Expiry date of COPR and Expiry date of Temporary status?
Is that Work Permit expiry date?
Please help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks In Advance.