+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Etobicoke Landing Experience March 2019

manasabhat

May 30, 2018
I have requested for an appointment, In my COPR orig.entry date, last entry date were wrong, I asked IRCC, they said I can raise amendment after I get my PR. Planning to do landing soon at Etobicoke. please suggest if anyone has same issue as me.

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
I have requested for an appointment, In my COPR orig.entry date, last entry date were wrong, I asked IRCC, they said I can raise amendment after I get my PR. Planning to do landing soon at Etobicoke. please suggest if anyone has same issue as me.
They will correct those dates manually during your landing, don't worry.

Reactions: manasabhat

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Inland Landing Experience @ CIC Etobicoke​

Date: 25-March-2019
Appointment Time: 11AM
CEC Inland: Primary Applicant + Spouse + Toddler

Here is my PPR story and timeline.
-------
7:00 AM
We woke up and got ready for the long day ahead, excited and nervous at the same time. We promised our 3-year old daughter last night that we will drive to McDonald’ for breakfast tomorrow so we reminded her about it this morning again (Just to motivate her so she gets ready faster ;) I guess she was also happy like us but for the breakfast :)

8:35 AM
Ready to hit the road. We left early to beat the morning traffic rush and unexpected delays (if any)

9:17 AM
We reached at the CIC Etobicoke office and parked our car in the basement Impark parking lot. The hourly charge is $6.00 and the max for the day is $12.00. If you are driving here, I recommend reaching there early to get a parking spot as most of the parking is occupied by monthly parkers or building occupants. We headed to the ground floor where CIC office is.

9:33 AM
We were standing at the front desk and a person handed us the token number after looking at our appointment letters. The space was not crowded at that time, and we find the space to sit. We didn’t have to wait too long for our token number to be displayed on the display boards.

9:45 AM
We went to the counter number displayed against our token number. Please note that though our appointment time was 11AM, no one raised any questions why we came 1.5 hours before. I recommend going as early as possible to avoid crowd during the latter part of the day.

A lady greeted us and asked for our appointment letters. She then asked for COPRs and Passports. She asked if the first and last entry dates are correct on COPR. It wasn’t so we told her the correct dates and she corrected them manually on all COPRs. Then she asked few questions; if I have any other spouses in other countries. I said the current one is more than enough . Then she asked if I was convicted or deported from any country, the answer was No. It took her sometime to correct the dates. Then she asked us to sign the COPRs and congratulated us. I asked her if she needs the additional photos we brought, she said it is not required as the photos on COPRs look good. I asked if she needs the RPRF receipt, she said it is not required. Then I asked if she needs our current/old work permits. She said you can keep them as souvenir :D I finally asked her to validate the mailing address for the PR card delivery and she confirmed the address. She handed over the copies of COPRs and Passports. She congratulated us once again and asked us to go to Service Canada office next door to get our permanent SIN.

Another important point to note that after landing keep the copy of COPR safe as you will need it when you apply for citizenship and when you turn 65 and apply for old age pension. You cannot laminate the COPR.

10:24 AM
We rearranged all our documents and headed to the Service Canada office next door.

10:29 AM
We got the forms at Service Canada as we need to update SINs for all of us.

11:06 AM
We were called to a counter and our new SINs were created. We also took the copy of our current SINs just in case they ask for it. The person congratulated us and informed us to update the SIN with the employer.

11:28 AM
We drove to the Service Ontario nearby my home to update our health cards with the new status.

12:04 PM
We reached Service Ontario and asked the front desk lady for the Health Card forms to update them with our new status. Also got the token number.

12:47 PM
Our token number displayed, and we went to the counter. The lady asked for the forms, current health cards and COPRs. She processed them and provided the receipts. She didn’t click the pictures for the new health cards as she informed us that they will use the old health card pictures. She then punched the old health card, so they became invalid, BUT she informed that we can still make doctor’s appointment with those cards along with the receipts, and they will be valid until we get the new cards.

1:11 PM
We were out of Service Ontario and headed to our tax consultant office so that we can file the 2018 taxes with our new SINs :)

1:32 PM
We reached our tax consultant office and she updated the SINs while filing our taxes for 2018.

2:16 PM
We were done with all the important tasks and now is the time to fulfill the promise I made to my daughter – breakfast at McDonald’s

2:32 PM
We were sitting at a McDonald’s and enjoyed the breakfast/meals. The happiness on my daughter’s face – Priceless.

And then the most innocent question she asked – “Daddy, why are we eating breakfast so late?” (Don’t worry, she was eating throughout the day. We usually keep a bag full of her favorite snacks and meals ;)

3:36 PM
Home Sweet Home

talwinder@

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Inland Landing Experience @ CIC Etobicoke​

Date: 25-March-2019
Appointment Time: 11AM
CEC Inland: Primary Applicant + Spouse + Toddler

Here is my PPR story and timeline.
-------
7:00 AM
We woke up and got ready for the long day ahead, excited and nervous at the same time. We promised our 3-year old daughter last night that we will drive to McDonald’ for breakfast tomorrow so we reminded her about it this morning again (Just to motivate her so she gets ready faster ;) I guess she was also happy like us but for the breakfast :)

8:35 AM
Ready to hit the road. We left early to beat the morning traffic rush and unexpected delays (if any)

9:17 AM
We reached at the CIC Etobicoke office and parked our car in the basement Impark parking lot. The hourly charge is $6.00 and the max for the day is $12.00. If you are driving here, I recommend reaching there early to get a parking spot as most of the parking is occupied by monthly parkers or building occupants. We headed to the ground floor where CIC office is.

9:33 AM
We were standing at the front desk and a person handed us the token number after looking at our appointment letters. The space was not crowded at that time, and we find the space to sit. We didn’t have to wait too long for our token number to be displayed on the display boards.

9:45 AM
We went to the counter number displayed against our token number. Please note that though our appointment time was 11AM, no one raised any questions why we came 1.5 hours before. I recommend going as early as possible to avoid crowd during the latter part of the day.

A lady greeted us and asked for our appointment letters. She then asked for COPRs and Passports. She asked if the first and last entry dates are correct on COPR. It wasn’t so we told her the correct dates and she corrected them manually on all COPRs. Then she asked few questions; if I have any other spouses in other countries. I said the current one is more than enough . Then she asked if I was convicted or deported from any country, the answer was No. It took her sometime to correct the dates. Then she asked us to sign the COPRs and congratulated us. I asked her if she needs the additional photos we brought, she said it is not required as the photos on COPRs look good. I asked if she needs the RPRF receipt, she said it is not required. Then I asked if she needs our current/old work permits. She said you can keep them as souvenir :D I finally asked her to validate the mailing address for the PR card delivery and she confirmed the address. She handed over the copies of COPRs and Passports. She congratulated us once again and asked us to go to Service Canada office next door to get our permanent SIN.

Another important point to note that after landing keep the copy of COPR safe as you will need it when you apply for citizenship and when you turn 65 and apply for old age pension. You cannot laminate the COPR.

10:24 AM
We rearranged all our documents and headed to the Service Canada office next door.

10:29 AM
We got the forms at Service Canada as we need to update SINs for all of us.

11:06 AM
We were called to a counter and our new SINs were created. We also took the copy of our current SINs just in case they ask for it. The person congratulated us and informed us to update the SIN with the employer.

11:28 AM
We drove to the Service Ontario nearby my home to update our health cards with the new status.

12:04 PM
We reached Service Ontario and asked the front desk lady for the Health Card forms to update them with our new status. Also got the token number.

12:47 PM
Our token number displayed, and we went to the counter. The lady asked for the forms, current health cards and COPRs. She processed them and provided the receipts. She didn’t click the pictures for the new health cards as she informed us that they will use the old health card pictures. She then punched the old health card, so they became invalid, BUT she informed that we can still make doctor’s appointment with those cards along with the receipts, and they will be valid until we get the new cards.

1:11 PM
We were out of Service Ontario and headed to our tax consultant office so that we can file the 2018 taxes with our new SINs :)

1:32 PM
We reached our tax consultant office and she updated the SINs while filing our taxes for 2018.

2:16 PM
We were done with all the important tasks and now is the time to fulfill the promise I made to my daughter – breakfast at McDonald’s

2:32 PM
We were sitting at a McDonald’s and enjoyed the breakfast/meals. The happiness on my daughter’s face – Priceless.

And then the most innocent question she asked – “Daddy, why are we eating breakfast so late?” (Don’t worry, she was eating throughout the day. We usually keep a bag full of her favorite snacks and meals ;)

3:36 PM
Home Sweet Home
thanks for sharing

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
I shared my application number, Dob for landing appointment. Is that enough ?
Did you send an email for the landing appointment to ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca with the following details? If yes, you will get an automated reply first and then the inland landing details within 30 calendar days.
----
Complete Name
Date of Birth
UCI#
Application#
Residential Address in Canada
Expiry of COPR
Expiry of Temporary status

Family members (if any)
UCI#
Complete Name
Date of Birth

Name of the person who is contacting IRCC
-----

manasabhat

May 30, 2018
Did you send an email for the landing appointment to ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca with the following details? If yes, you will get an automated reply first and then the inland landing details within 30 calendar days.
----
Complete Name
Date of Birth
UCI#
Application#
Residential Address in Canada
Expiry of COPR
Expiry of Temporary status

Family members (if any)
UCI#
Complete Name
Date of Birth

Name of the person who is contacting IRCC
-----
Thank you, please let me know how long they took to give appointment. I sent an email again and this time I did receive auto reply. Thank you again.

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Thank you, please let me know how long they took to give appointment. I sent an email again and this time I did receive auto reply. Thank you again.
It depends as they refer the expiry of COPR and schedule landing appointment date accordingly (This is my assumption). Also, the availability of interview slots at nearby CIC office from your local address.
In my case, I mailed them on 1-March-2019, received a landing appointment email on 15-March-2019 for the interview scheduled on 25-March-2019 at CIC Etobicoke. My COPR was expiring by the end of June-2019.

manasabhat

May 30, 2018
It depends as they refer the expiry of COPR and schedule landing appointment date accordingly (This is my assumption). Also, the availability of interview slots at nearby CIC office from your local address.
In my case, I mailed them on 1-March-2019, received a landing appointment email on 15-March-2019 for the interview scheduled on 25-March-2019 at CIC Etobicoke. My COPR was expiring by the end of June-2019.
Thank you. Did you receive your PR card?

caf445

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share my experience of inland landing in Etobicoke, as I noticed there aren't many recent posts about it.

Getting the appointment

When you received your COPR, it will direct you to call the usual number (888-242-2100) to schedule an appointment. In reality, when you call an automated message will tell you to email ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca and it will also give you a long list of all the information you must include to schedule an interview.

I sent the request on 20th Feb 2019 and received confirmation of my appointment by email a week later. The appointment itself was scheduled for 11am on March 5th. Be aware the email confirmation says that you may only reschedule the appointment in case of emergencies.

At the appointment

We arrived 20 minutes early for our appointment. There is a reception desk and they will issue you with a numbered ticket and you must wait for your number to be called.

Unfortunately, this was the worst part - it took 2hs 20mins (i.e. 1pm) until our number was called despite our appointment time of 11am. So, please be prepared for a lot of waiting. Since you have no control over when your appointment is scheduled, there is nothing really you can do. I had read this process was very efficient, so I was quite disappointed! The waiting room was very crowded and noisy also.

The appointment itself is very easy/smooth and takes 10 minutes. You don't even go into an interview room, they just direct you to a counter. They took our documents (interview confirmation email, passports, COPR, photos). Nothing else was requested in terms of documentation, although we took all our paperwork in case.

The questions are simple:

1. When did you first enter Canada? (I asked a clarifying question if this meant for vacation or on the work permit, the answer was the work permit)
2. Have you left Canada since then?
3. (If yes) When did you last enter Canada?
4. Where did you enter Canada when you first entered/last entered? (i.e. which airport/border crossing)
5. Have you ever committed a crime/been refused entry to Canada

And that's it - you and the immigration officer sign the PR document and it becomes valid. They explain the basics and tell you that the PR card will take 8 - 10 weeks to arrive. Then, they send you to Service Canada.

After the appointment

Service Canada is right next door (in the same building), so you can get your new SIN number. It took about 30 minutes to be called and they congratulated us on our new PR status. Process is identical to getting a SIN under a work permit. They take your paper with your old SIN and give you a new document for the new SIN (starts with a 5 not a 9).

There is no Service Ontario, but the paper that you are given with your COPR at the landing appointment explains that if you already have OHIP, you need only call Service Ontario to inform them you are now a PR. No need to go to a Service Ontario office.

You must also inform your bank, employer and CRA of your new SIN number.

Hope this is useful for someone. My major learning point is: be prepared to wait for a long time!

The question you were asked regarding your first and last entry date and places, was it only to confirm what was written on your COPR? or the officer wrote those date by hand in your COPR?

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
The question you were asked regarding your first and last entry date and places, was it only to confirm what was written on your COPR? or the officer wrote those date by hand in your COPR?
It was empty on my COPR, so they wrote that information on by hand.