+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error In Confirmation Of Permanent Residence

saimon7777

Oct 10, 2017
Good evening,

My wife and I just received our CoPR and in both of them my last name is written replacing a ü with ue. My last name is Windmüller and they wrote Windmueller, I would think that it may be ambiguous for the officer that processed the CoPR, but ALL my documentation shows that I use an "u" when "ü" is not available and not an "ue", as Windmuller. Is this something that could be changed at landing?

Also some data like original entry date and last entry dates don't reflect some recent entry for the recent entry dates, and very earlier dates for the original entry dates. Are these two dates really important? I believe that they asked for recent travels forms after we applied for PR but they asked to include travels until 2014 only (last entry was 01-Jan-2017 for me and 30-Aug-2017 for my wife). Is this really important? They may not have had that information since we applied to Express Entry in 2016.

Thanks for all the help.

Simon W.

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Pls guys I need advice on this, since I sent my application till now CIC changed the last letter on my last name, Its should be "M" not "N" and they have been sending me correspondence using the wrong letter. Its a fault from them when they inputed my name in the system, I have concluded medicals and waiting for PPR its still the same. I have asked the Imigration Lawyer I consulted several times, he told me that I should Ignore that for now, but I have not been comfortable when i remember the whole thing. Pls should I listen to him or should I send a notice to VO telling them to correct it, also if i will notify them, is it better to do it in writing and Attach it to the package when ever i will be sending my passport. Or can it be corrected at landing if my COPR comes out with same mistake. What do you guys advise pls.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Pls guys I need advice on this, since I sent my application till now CIC changed the last letter on my last name, Its should be "M" not "N" and they have been sending me correspondence using the wrong letter. Its a fault from them when they inputed my name in the system, I have concluded medicals and waiting for PPR its still the same. I have asked the Imigration Lawyer I consulted several times, he told me that I should Ignore that for now, but I have not been comfortable when i remember the whole thing. Pls should I listen to him or should I send a notice to VO telling them to correct it, also if i will notify them, is it better to do it in writing and Attach it to the package when ever i will be sending my passport. Or can it be corrected at landing if my COPR comes out with same mistake. What do you guys advise pls.
You need to correct it.

Reactions: Cei325

saimon7777

Oct 10, 2017
In my case I had an error in my confirmation of permanent residence because the biometric data in my passport was the one was taken into consideration, so and ü was replaced with a "ue" as a pronunciation. I had it changed after I landed by sending a copr correction form. I would think that if your immigration lawyer is suggesting you to stay put is because is just an error in a name and it could be corrected later on, probably at landing or after. But if you want to have peace of mind I would suggest to call the IRCC help line at 1-888-242-2100 and ask them, those are the ones that will have the last word on that. Remember, every case is different and there's a lot of ambiguous information even in online instructions, so probably the best is to give them a call. Two things can happen: they tell you to change it and will give you instructions how to do it or will let you know to leave it like that until the end, either way your case will not fall apart for a letter error that was not your fault. At the end the case processing centre in Ottawa will send the final CoPR with your name exactly as it is shown in the Machine Readable Area in the bottom border of your passport, with a few exceptions. Good luck, everything will be just fine.

Reactions: Cei325

spooky25

Jul 25, 2017
In my copr gender is wrongly mentioned.. Instead of female it was given as male. Is it required to resend my passport back to visa office or will they correct it at the of landing?

Nazy_e1

Jul 17, 2020
Either you correct at landing or you can email your VO and they give you further instructions to correct it. I did that and my VO was really fast, i send them my COPR back with a print out of my email with the corrections that need to be made (thats how they instructed me) and in just 7 work days i got the corrected COPR back.

Its up to you what you want to do and maybe depending on how fast your VO is, but dont think any VO takes very long to send corrected COPR's back.
Dear
did you get Corrected COPR with a new Issued date or the same as the previous COPR?