07-02-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
Hey Guys,

My wife scanned the Confirmation Of Permanent Residence form and sent it to me. I noticed an error in the form. Under the category, "Full Name, Address and Relationship Of Person Willing To Assist" the address is incorrect. I was wondering if anyone had encountered such a problem? They have my old address from 10 yearso ago. I have no clue where they got this address because nowhere in my form had I put this address. I am worried that this will cause a problem at landing or receiving my wife's permanent residence card in the near future. What would you advise? Thank you in advance.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest you contact your visa office to inquire. I had a minor error (eye color) which we corrected while landing. When landing, there was a point when the officer asked me to check and make sure all the information was correct on the COPR. I told them about the eye color, and they just corrected it. I had also asked my visa office (in person when I took in my passport to get the visa and COPR) before landing if it needed to be corrected in advance, and they had said no. But since it is your address, I think contacting the visa office to ask before you land is the best route.

Congrats on the PR and I wish you the best getting this sorted out and landing.

HopefulWaiting

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
Thank you for your response. My wife has send the visa office a CSE. Hopefully, they respond soon as we had made plans for her to land on June 6, 22011.

HopefulWaiting

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
Wondering if anyone else had a similar experience? We went a CSE but not sure when we will hear back from Delhi. Also, on Monday I will call the CIC in Canada and explain the details.

In the mean time, am not sure whether I should cancel the ticket we had purchased for June 6, 2011.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HopefulWaiting said:
Hey Guys,

My wife scanned the Confirmation Of Permanent Residence form and sent it to me. I noticed an error in the form. Under the category, "Full Name, Address and Relationship Of Person Willing To Assist" the address is incorrect. I was wondering if anyone had encountered such a problem? They have my old address from 10 yearso ago. I have no clue where they got this address because nowhere in my form had I put this address. I am worried that this will cause a problem at landing or receiving my wife's permanent residence card in the near future. What would you advise? Thank you in advance.
Hello Hopefulwaiting,

How did you solve this issue? Did they correct the address at the landing? I have exactly same situation and I need your advise.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Galip said:
Hello Hopefulwaiting,

How did you solve this issue? Did they correct the address at the landing? I have exactly same situation and I need your advise.
They will solve it at landing.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Please do bring to the notice of Immigration Officer of any corrections on the COPR at the time of landing in Canada.He will note down the corrections at that moment and you will get the updated PR Card after wards in the mail....Its not a big issue.....

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tahsinmohammad said:
Please do bring to the notice of Immigration Officer of any corrections on the COPR at the time of landing in Canada.He will note down the corrections at that moment and you will get the updated PR Card after wards in the mail....Its not a big issue.....
Thank you for your reply.

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna (principle applicant)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012 (rec. 22-May-2012)
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
Either you correct at landing or you can email your VO and they give you further instructions to correct it. I did that and my VO was really fast, i send them my COPR back with a print out of my email with the corrections that need to be made (thats how they instructed me) and in just 7 work days i got the corrected COPR back.

Its up to you what you want to do and maybe depending on how fast your VO is, but dont think any VO takes very long to send corrected COPR's back.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tipha said:
Either you correct at landing or you can email your VO and they give you further instructions to correct it. I did that and my VO was really fast, i send them my COPR back with a print out of my email with the corrections that need to be made (thats how they instructed me) and in just 7 work days i got the corrected COPR back.

Its up to you what you want to do and maybe depending on how fast your VO is, but dont think any VO takes very long to send corrected COPR's back.
Thank you Tipha. Our VO sent me a letter about the corrections, but they only mention about the mistakes on the name, date of birth and passport number errors. Our error is on the sponsor's address that's why I was confused.

I understood that I could change it at the airport and I would do it at the time of landing.

Thank you all for your kind answers and I wish you good luck in your processing..

Canada enquiry

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-M on 11/April/2012
Doc's Request.
All submitted
AOR Received.
11/July/2012
File Transfer...
11/July/2012
Med's Done....
March/2012
Passport Req..
01/August/2012
VISA ISSUED...
In process 30/Oct/2012, DM 04/Nov/2012, Passport received 15/Nov/2012
HopefulWaiting said:
Hey Guys,

Hi i have the same problem. Error is in the personal details. I have returned my wife's passport and COPR to the ND two weeks ago. This is the response of my email from the NDVO.

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If there are any errors found on your (or one of your dependant’s) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form(s) or Permanent Resident Visa(s) such as incorrect personal information (ie. Error in name, date of birth, gender, marital status, etc) or if a photo has been mistakenly attached to the incorrect COPR, you will have to resubmit the COPR and your passport in order for new documents to be issued. Passport(s) and COPR(s) for the principal applicant and all dependents are required to be submitted, even if the error is only found on one person’s document. Please also provide additional passport-sized photos to be placed on your reissued COPR(s).

You should not travel to Canada until you have the correct information on your COPR and visa(s). Please quote your complete file number on all correspondence with our office. The COPR and your passport should be sent by mail or courier to the High Commission of Canada:

I hope this helps.

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna (principle applicant)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012 (rec. 22-May-2012)
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
Canada enquiry said:
Hi i have the same problem. Error is in the personal details. I have returned my wife's passport and COPR to the ND two weeks ago. This is the response of my email from the NDVO.

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If there are any errors found on your (or one of your dependant's) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form(s) or Permanent Resident Visa(s) such as incorrect personal information (ie. Error in name, date of birth, gender, marital status, etc) or if a photo has been mistakenly attached to the incorrect COPR, you will have to resubmit the COPR and your passport in order for new documents to be issued. Passport(s) and COPR(s) for the principal applicant and all dependents are required to be submitted, even if the error is only found on one person's document. Please also provide additional passport-sized photos to be placed on your reissued COPR(s).

You should not travel to Canada until you have the correct information on your COPR and visa(s). Please quote your complete file number on all correspondence with our office. The COPR and your passport should be sent by mail or courier to the High Commission of Canada:

I hope this helps.
ok that really clearly says you should correct before you travel with it. My VO send me a letter with the COPR and they didnt say anything like that, just to inform them if any correction need to be made, but not that i cant travel with the incorrect one.

But over all i think its more safe to do the corrections before landing. I wouldnt have felt good landing with incorrect papers, espcially if theres more than one mistake >< but that is just me, i need things to be done the right way. I guess for little mistakes on it (like someone had with the eye color), its ok to correct at the border.

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
As a sponsor my address was incorrect on the COPR (it was an old address that we changed midway through the process). We wrote the correct address on a piece of paper and when my spouse landed she gave it to the officer and told her the address on the COPR was wrong and here's the correct one. It was not an issue.

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harju said:
As a sponsor my address was incorrect on the COPR (it was an old address that we changed midway through the process). We wrote the correct address on a piece of paper and when my spouse landed she gave it to the officer and told her the address on the COPR was wrong and here's the correct one. It was not an issue.
Thank you very much Harju for sharing your experience. This was exactly what I needed.