+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error In Confirmation Of Permanent Residence

rivertala

Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have this problem also in my COPR my sponsors information date of birth. I am the principal applicant and my sponsor/wife's date of birth was changed to another day but same month and same year. Should I just gamble with what I have and will inform the Immigration officer upon landing in Vancouver or inform my Visa Officer before leaving the country? Help me guys.

JoyJohnLocke

Mar 16, 2015
My husband just received his COPR document. All info is correct on it except the photo...it's not him!! Will he need to apply for a new COPR even though all the info is correct (minus the picture)

We thought what he would do is get new pics taken, have them notarized, and just come to Toronto and hope for the best. His flight is booked for April 21st, so we need to know ASAP if this will work

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
JoyJohnLocke said:
My husband just received his COPR document. All info is correct on it except the photo...it's not him!! Will he need to apply for a new COPR even though all the info is correct (minus the picture)

We thought what he would do is get new pics taken, have them notarized, and just come to Toronto and hope for the best. His flight is booked for April 21st, so we need to know ASAP if this will work
if it was me, I would definitely fix this problem from home country. Having the wrong picture on Copr is a big deal. I would be surprised if they didn't send your husband home. Why take the chance ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JoyJohnLocke said:

You can send an urgent CSE to the VO and ask what they say.

I seriously doubt that any CBSA officer will just land him. They have a COPR with a picture and that picture needs to be the person sat in front of them; to have a completely different person in front of them saying that the COPR is actually theirs, they are not likely to simply say "Okey Dokey, I believe you" and swap the pics, even if all of the other info matches. Though not probable, it would be entirely possible that the COPR belongs to another John Smith, DOB 01/01/1980, etc. and your partner is trying to commit some form of identity fraud to become a PR.

There is no chance of receiving a corrected COPR before April 21st. He could return it and just come as a visitor on April 21st; the corrected COPR could then be sent to your address in Toronto and you can make a quick border run to land.

JoyJohnLocke

Mar 16, 2015
Just an update...we did get an updated COPR today. I contacted the high comission in London UK. They expedited the correct version so he could still use the flight on the 21st. Thanks for the replies!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JoyJohnLocke said:
Just an update...we did get an updated COPR today. I contacted the high comission in London UK. They expedited the correct version so he could still use the flight on the 21st. Thanks for the replies!
Great news. Never seen London move that fast before. It usually takes several weeks for them to correct a COPR.

Abe.Safa

Apr 11, 2016
QCSunshine said:
I would suggest you contact your visa office to inquire. I had a minor error (eye color) which we corrected while landing. When landing, there was a point when the officer asked me to check and make sure all the information was correct on the COPR. I told them about the eye color, and they just corrected it. I had also asked my visa office (in person when I took in my passport to get the visa and COPR) before landing if it needed to be corrected in advance, and they had said no. But since it is your address, I think contacting the visa office to ask before you land is the best route.

Congrats on the PR and I wish you the best getting this sorted out and landing.
Hi,
I received my COPR and Visa today and i have the exact same problem, all the information are correct except the eye color is black instead of brown but the problem is that i put down the wrong eye color not them
Do you think i can still fix it while landing?
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Abe.Safa said:
I received my COPR and Visa today and i have the exact same problem, all the information are correct except the eye color is black instead of brown but the problem is that i put down the wrong eye color not them
Do you think i can still fix it while landing?
That can be corrected at landing.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
That can be corrected at landing.
I have wrong date of birth on my COPR, will it be issue for landing? I am already inland applicant.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Anyone with some suggestions/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hammer said:
I have wrong date of birth on my COPR, will it be issue for landing? I am already inland applicant.
DOB is a pretty important field. If you are planning to flagpole, I would have it corrected. If you have an appointment to land at an IRCC office, I would go and see if it could be corrected. Worst case, they can't do it on the spot and simply reschedule your appointment.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
DOB is a pretty important field. If you are planning to flagpole, I would have it corrected. If you have an appointment to land at an IRCC office, I would go and see if it could be corrected. Worst case, they can't do it on the spot and simply reschedule your appointment.
I booked an appointment and now have to wait to hear from them. CIC agent they would take 8 weeks to reply but I have heard from friends they usually get in touch within two weeks.

ZeeshanKhan01

Dec 13, 2016
Dear All, I faced the same problem with my dependent children.
1) Dependent Child #1: First Name has been misspelled (first name on COPR is Muhamamd ...but the corrected one is Muhammad.
2) Dependent Child #2: “Place of Birth” is not mentioned on her COPR.

I have contacted IRCC (London-UK) twice but they didnt respond. Kindly guide me how to get this mistake rectified.

Furthermore during this time period my IRCC has changed from London-UK to Abu Dhabi .... may be thats why they are not respoding...but how do i correct it??

I have to travel to Canada next month. I am very concerned about these errors as to whether it will cause problems in my travelling. Kindly guide me.