+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in biometric collection at VAC

techie12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Contact using form, explain the issue and attached the passport copy.
they will contact you within 3 working days to confirm that they received the passport copy and forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.
How to contact using form? I received biometrics letter with wrong DOB.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
How to contact using form? I received biometrics letter with wrong DOB.
U have to submit ur passport copy or any id while sending a webform ... for my husband his name was missing a letter and still he went to New Delhi vfs and they didn’t have any prblem with that ..

ramank22787

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-07-2019
Dear All,

I am really worried about an issue where VFS staffs interchanged by First and Last name in the sticker they gave me for reference.

Actually my passport does not have anything in "Surname" and "Given Name" is "Raman Kumar" but VFS people switched this as "Surname/Family Name" as "Raman Kumar" and "Given Name" as blank.

Will this create any problem and how to resolve this, please advise.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Dear All,

I am really worried about an issue where VFS staffs interchanged by First and Last name in the sticker they gave me for reference.

Actually my passport does not have anything in "Surname" and "Given Name" is "Raman Kumar" but VFS people switched this as "Surname/Family Name" as "Raman Kumar" and "Given Name" as blank.

Will this create any problem and how to resolve this, please advise.
1. If you don't have a given name in your passport, then CIC leaves the given name blank and puts just your surname in the visa application, so the VAC did it correctly.

ramank22787

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-07-2019
HI

1. If you don't have a given name in your passport, then CIC leaves the given name blank and puts just your surname in the visa application, so the VAC did it correctly.
No actually i have given name in my passport as Raman Kumar and surname empty, but VAC did it other way round. They left the given name empty and entered surname as Raman kumar

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

No actually i have given name in my passport as Raman Kumar and surname empty, but VAC did it other way round. They left the given name empty and entered surname as Raman kumar
If you don't have a surname, then CIC puts your given names in the surname spot and the given name is left blank

Reactions: ramank22787

ramank22787

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-07-2019
Hi

If you don't have a surname, then CIC puts your given names in the surname spot and the given name is left blank
Thanks mate, in addition this morning i checked with VFS people they said the sticker is for internal use and the biometrics will be processed as per the BIL letter submitted by me and nothing to worry.

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hey guys, I have applied for a Visitor visa to my uncle. I misspelled his given name by missing one of the letters and I got a biometric request with misspelled name on it. Do you guys see anything like this, I submitted a web form to correct it and sent a mail to New Delhi to correct it. Did anyone had this issue??

Ven191

Apr 23, 2018
Hey.. can someone assist me.. my title is wrongly written as Mr instead of Ms.. what should i do.. the bfs center will remain close until Monday..