+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in biometric collection at VAC

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Hi, I'll try to be as brief as possible. The other day both my wife and I went to submit our biometrics at the VAC here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. After we were done, when we got back home I noticed that my application had been updated but my wife's hadn't. I thought maybe since it was close to the end of the day the VAC hadn't uploaded the data yet. Later we found that there was a spelling mistake in my wife's last name on the sticker they attach at the VAC with the unique biometric number or code.

I contacted the VAC after the weekend and spoke to them this morning. They stated that it should not matter because that sticker and all is for internal purposes only and it should not affect the upload to the actual applicant. The spelling is correct on all the main forms etc. including the biometric instruction letter received from CIC.

However, she still shows as "waiting for applicant's biometric data" whereas mine shows updated and submitted. I am concerned because of the spelling mistake there may have been a disconnect of some sort and the biometric data has been uploaded under the wrong name for instance. Otherwise I'm not sure why mine updated the same day before the weekend and hers has yet to update.

Please advise, and thanks for your help in advance!

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Update: For those wondering the same thing or for future reference, the online application now shows "Updated" instead of the previous "Your action is required" message. I guess it was a delay on the VAC's part for not uploading the details because that is the only thing that makes sense.

ReyadHaj

Jan 29, 2019
Hi, I'll try to be as brief as possible. The other day both my wife and I went to submit our biometrics at the VAC here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. After we were done, when we got back home I noticed that my application had been updated but my wife's hadn't. I thought maybe since it was close to the end of the day the VAC hadn't uploaded the data yet. Later we found that there was a spelling mistake in my wife's last name on the sticker they attach at the VAC with the unique biometric number or code.

I contacted the VAC after the weekend and spoke to them this morning. They stated that it should not matter because that sticker and all is for internal purposes only and it should not affect the upload to the actual applicant. The spelling is correct on all the main forms etc. including the biometric instruction letter received from CIC.

However, she still shows as "waiting for applicant's biometric data" whereas mine shows updated and submitted. I am concerned because of the spelling mistake there may have been a disconnect of some sort and the biometric data has been uploaded under the wrong name for instance. Otherwise I'm not sure why mine updated the same day before the weekend and hers has yet to update.

Hi, kindly inform how you solved this issue since currently I have the same with my wife's last name, I called VFS and they told that I have to contact CIC, I sent an to them but they have not reply yet.

amit1984

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
I have my wife's first name misspelled on the BIL from CIC. How do you suggest I should resolve it? Contact CIC through call or contact us form?

ReyadHaj

Jan 29, 2019
I have my wife's first name misspelled on the BIL from CIC. How do you suggest I should resolve it? Contact CIC through call or contact us form?
Contact using form, explain the issue and attached the passport copy.
they will contact you within 3 working days to confirm that they received the passport copy and forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

lk231188

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Hi I have similar issue with my biometrics sticker. My sticker doesn’t have IRCC number mentioned. On the other hand my spouse’s biometrics sticker has all the correct information. So his biometrics got updated the very next day and mine still says your action is required even after a month. I wrote email to Vfs and they haven’t replied anything. It’s been more than a week.
Can anyone help what should I do next ?

lk231188

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Update: For those wondering the same thing or for future reference, the online application now shows "Updated" instead of the previous "Your action is required" message. I guess it was a delay on the VAC's part for not uploading the details because that is the only thing that makes sense.
Hi, how long it took for your application status to change from your action is required to updated. ?

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Hello guys I am a March 2019 applicant and April AOR . The day i have applied for my husband under spouse sponsorship . I submitted my husbands ID card passport , while ircc has forgotten to put a letter at the end of my husbands first name we submitted a webform many times and from May 6 they have been working on it and didn’t receive anything from them while this process We got medical and the medical was done in Afghanistan and they didn’t have a problem with the name error and now we got biometrics and since there’s no visa office in Afghanistan he has to go india or Pakistan to do them . My husband spoke to vfs office in India to book an appointment they have told my husband since the name is the issue we can’t accept it unless until ur name is fix so guys any idea suggestions plz

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Yes and they happily updated in the database and asked to go forward with same BIL and email of acknowledgement as proof.
How long did it take u for u to get updated mine has been 13 days now ...!! And in India they are not accepting the name change so stressed

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019

I have the same prblem I submitted my post plz answer