+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry with expired COPR

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hey guys, noticed that expired COPR candidates are starting to receive a ‘4 point email’ from IRCC.. any luck with the group here?
I received same email that of yours. what does it mean.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sailee

Jul 11, 2019
Hello All. I called IRCC and I was asked to send a web form. I am travelling directly from the US so I am exempt from travel restrictions and my COPR Expired October 2020, I plan to settle in May this year. What is the best way to get in contact with them and get an AL?
Hello, were you ever able to get in touch with IRCC? Are we still required to have an AL if we're travelling from US on an expired COPR?

Sailee

Jul 11, 2019
Hello Everyone, I sent them an email on 17th Sept and received the same generic reply. I'm planning to move latest by end of October. I emailed another email id <TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>, this is specifically for family reunification (I did not know at that time) and received a response

Code:
Good day,

Thank you for your enquiry.

As someone travelling to Canada from the United States, you do not need a written authorization from the Government of Canada.

Upon your arrival to Canada, an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will determine whether you are permitted to enter Canada.
It looks to me that people from US with expired COPR don't need any authorization (in any case). If I don't receive any update over next couple of weeks, I will try to enter with expired COPR.
I'm not the only one that uses double Ls for traveling :D
Hello,
Just wanted to know, did you ever travel to Canada on Expired CoPR?

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
Hello,
Just wanted to know, did you ever travel to Canada on Expired CoPR?
I received a new CoPR and visa and used that to travel to Canada in Nov last year. More recently I know few cases where CIC sent an authorization letter and people travelled with expired CoPR and authorization letter from US.

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
Hi there,
Can we still travel to Canada from USA on an expired COPR ? The website says so without defining any date that people who had their PR approved can travel to Canada.