+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry with expired COPR

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hi all,
I had to place my Express entry Canada relocation plan on hold earlier this year due to Covid and now I am ready to move but my COPR has expired. I will be permanently relocating from the US and planning to cross land border at Detroit crossing. I have contacted IRCC via web form.

My question: as I am relocating from the USA and I have documented proof of meeting all the criteria (proof of funds, job, quarantine plan etc), can I cross the border with my expired COPR or do I need to wait to be granted a COPR extension?
Appreciate all help and advice.
Thanks,
Jay

dehemnani

Jun 9, 2020
Hi all,
I had to place my Express entry Canada relocation plan on hold earlier this year due to Covid and now I am ready to move but my COPR has expired. I will be permanently relocating from the US and planning to cross land border at Detroit crossing. I have contacted IRCC via web form.

My question: as I am relocating from the USA and I have documented proof of meeting all the criteria (proof of funds, job, quarantine plan etc), can I cross the border with my expired COPR or do I need to wait to be granted a COPR extension?
Appreciate all help and advice.
Thanks,
Jay
I think you should be fine to cross. I read it on their site.

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Let me know what the lawyer says I am in the same boat but my understanding is you need to get a travel authorization from IRCC.

nipsey

Feb 11, 2020
Entering on an expired counter foil? This does not seem logical, does it? Doesn't matter where you come from.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Entering on an expired counter foil? This does not seem logical, does it? Doesn't matter where you come from.
Yes, does not seem logical and that is why thought of opening up to the group to get feedback. I have decided to wait for travel auth from IRCC. Thank you very much for your reply.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hey! My husband and I are in the same situation. I have sent a web-form to IRCC and it has been close to 2 weeks. I haven't heard back from them. If you hear back, can you please let me know. I am super jittery, since we plan to move there by November 1st week and not sure if that is possible. Thank you!

nipsey

Feb 11, 2020
Guess that will be the best course of action - to wait for the extension. IDK why, but the delay to provide extension is endless. Hope they speed up and people are able to travel soon.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hey! My husband and I are in the same situation. I have sent a web-form to IRCC and it has been close to 2 weeks. I haven't heard back from them. If you hear back, can you please let me know. I am super jittery, since we plan to move there by November 1st week and not sure if that is possible. Thank you!
We are planning to move by mid Nov. Raised web form on Sept. 1st. I am also getting nervous about the possibility of move by mid Nov. Please update here if you hear back and I will do the same. Thanks.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Is there a chance they would deny extensions? Another thread on this forum said they were denied extension. Uh, this is stressful.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
@Msin2020 Did you submit proof of settlement documents such as lease agreement etc. with your current web-form? I am not sure if I should even sign a lease until I hear back from them. Although, I see on every blog and IRCC website, we will need to submit it and priority is given to those with a plan.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
@Msin2020 Did you submit proof of settlement documents such as lease agreement etc. with your current web-form? I am not sure if I should even sign a lease until I hear back from them. Although, I see on every blog and IRCC website, we will need to submit it and priority is given to those with a plan.
We submitted Airbnb reservation copy and our bank statement (proof of funds). Mentioned in the write up that my wife’s job is an internal transfer and we plan to cancel our lease here and sign a lease in Toronto as soon as we hear back from them. Also, attached a rough travel plan. Not sure if this is enough but I am also unwilling to sign a lease etc without a valid COPR in hand. Also, do not think someone will let us lease a house without possession of a legal status document.