+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry denied

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I’m denied entry to Canada on toronto airport this month and immigration officers handed me a letter with stated this below statement .

-pursuant to paragraphe 42(1) .
I’m allowing u to withdraw your application to enter Canada and leave Canada without delay .

Do it means I’m ban for certain period of time ?
Am I not able to travel on same TRV.
Or will it affect my future application.

Many thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m denied entry to Canada on toronto airport this month and immigration officers handed me a letter with stated this below statement .

I’m allowing u to withdraw your application to enter Canada and leave Canada without delay .

Many thanks
- No ban.
- Your TRV should still be valid.
- This refusal is now on your record permanently. You can expect that you will face greater scrutiny each time you enter Canada. You should wait a number of months (6-8) before attempting to return to Canada. When you return, make sure it's for a very short trip and that you can demonstrate strong ties to your home country.

Reactions: AnangRaj

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017

Many thanks
what was the reason what they asked and why they decided to stop you can you post something here?

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
To be honest
I asked this question earlier but want satisfied and read this thing

note:Inadmissible family member

• 42 (1) A foreign national, other than a protected person, is inadmissible on grounds of an inadmissible family member if
    • (a) their accompanying family member or, in prescribed circumstances, their non-accompanying family member is inadmissible; or

• (b) they are an accompanying family member of an inadmissible person.
  • Marginal note:Exception

(2) In the case of a foreign national referred to in subsection (1) who is a temporary resident or who has made an application for temporary resident status or an application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident,
    • (a) the matters referred to in paragraph (1)(a) constitute inadmissibility only if the family member is inadmissible under section 34, 35 or 37; and

• (b) the matters referred to in paragraph (1)(b) constitute inadmissibility only if the foreign national is an accompanying family member of a person who is inadmissible under section 34, 35 or 37.

Made me nervous

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I booked my return ticket of 84 days .
I had ielts exam picture on my phone .
That was my fault as per officers which make him think I want to get study permit or work permit somehow with help of my friend in toronto .
But i reality I gave ielts for my future PR application and went there to see is immigration to Canada is in best of our interest for my family or it’s just painted rosey picture .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I booked my return ticket of 84 days .
I had ielts exam picture on my phone .
That was my fault as per officers which make him think I want to get study permit or work permit somehow with help of my friend in toronto .
But i reality I gave ielts for my future PR application and went there to see is immigration to Canada is in best of our interest for my family or it’s just painted rosey picture .
84 days is a very long visit. If you come in the future, it should be for 2-3 weeks at most.

AnangRaj

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
84 days is a very long visit. If you come in the future, it should be for 2-3 weeks at most.
I’ll keep this advice very close to my ear this time .
And pre book all my hotels and hostel and prepare whole trip day to day basis .
No visit to friends at all . Because at first I had same plan for this trip but got influenced by friends advice and thought it might save me few bucks .
My bad .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’ll keep this advice very close to my ear this time .
And pre book all my hotels and hostel and prepare whole trip day to day basis .
No visit to friends at all . Because at first I had same plan for this trip but got influenced by friends advice and thought it might save me few bucks .
My bad .
There's nothing wrong with wanting to meet your friends or staying at their homes. In fact, it would seem more legit to meet them than to attempt a pure touristy kind of visit!

It's just that your real purpose of visit didn't seem like that of a genuine short stay visitor. Also, an 84-days' long visit is unexpected of someone who owns/manages a business

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
There's nothing wrong with wanting to meet your friends or staying at their homes. In fact, it would seem more legit to meet them than to attempt a pure touristy kind of visit!

It's just that your real purpose of visit didn't seem like that of a genuine short stay visitor. Also, an 84-days' long visit is unexpected of someone who owns/manages a business
i agree with you but again if he wanted to stay for 84 days there must be a solid reason either he needs to tell immigration about 2 or max 3 weeks stay or it is easy for them to think like you have no business and no errands to go back but i think it was bad luck @AnangRaj nothing more then that..

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
@Bryanna 1 question for a knowledge like this denied entry could impact on his future PR application or not ? as it is noted down already in his file

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
@Bryanna 1 question for a knowledge like this denied entry could impact on his future PR application or not ? as it is noted down already in his file
If the applicants declares any denied entries including the reason why, personally I don't think there would be any affect in PR application. Although processing time could be longer than usual.