+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry About Accompaying Person

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I applied for my Study Permit for the January intake but because of the current circumstances, I have decided to defer to the September intake. In case, I do get approval, will I have to re-apply for Visa or can I use the same approval letter at the borders and show them my new Acceptance Letter (with the new dates)? Will that be enough? Or will I have to re-apply?
You do not have to reapply for a study permit.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
So then I can travel in August with this Permit Approval Letter and my new Letter of Acceptance? Do I need any additional documents?
Also, do I need to update IRCC using Web Form? (my Visa Application is online)

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
So, I can travel in August with this Study Permit Approval Letter and show my new Acceptance Letter at the border, and they will issue my Visa according to the new dates?
Should I update the IRCC Web Form with my new Acceptance Letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, I can travel in August with this Study Permit Approval Letter and show my new Acceptance Letter at the border, and they will issue my Visa according to the new dates?
Should I update the IRCC Web Form with my new Acceptance Letter?
So you have an approved study permit? If you do, you should be ok.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
No, I haven't yet received approval but I wanted to know what I should do in case I do get approval.
I was confused because my college is in Quebec, and I have to re-apply for CAQ (you have to re-apply if you're deferring from winter to fall). It's a relief to know that if in case, i do get approval, i won't have to re-apply for a Study Permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, I haven't yet received approval but I wanted to know what I should do in case I do get approval.
I was confused because my college is in Quebec, and I have to re-apply for CAQ (you have to re-apply if you're deferring from winter to fall). It's a relief to know that if in case, i do get approval, i won't have to re-apply for a Study Permit.
But you need the CAQ first.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
I have a CAQ (for January intake). My college has updated me that they will process my new LoA by January 4th. After this, I will be applying for my new CAQ. Does re-applying for CAQ mean that I have to re-apply for Study Permit as well?
Or can I just raise a web form (to IRCC) so that my updated application can include my new LoA and CAQ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a CAQ (for January intake). My college has updated me that they will process my new LoA by January 4th. After this, I will be applying for my new CAQ. Does re-applying for CAQ mean that I have to re-apply for Study Permit as well?
Or can I just raise a web form (to IRCC) so that my updated application can include my new LoA and CAQ?
No but you need an approved CAQ so update your current application.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Okay. Once, i receive my new LoA, I will raise a Web Form and update my new application. And once I receive, my new CAQ, i will upload that as well.
In case, I do get approval and it comes before my CAQ has arrived, what I am I supposed to do then?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay. Once, i receive my new LoA, I will raise a Web Form and update my new application. And once I receive, my new CAQ, i will upload that as well.
In case, I do get approval and it comes before my CAQ has arrived, what I am I supposed to do then?
When did you apply and where are your from?

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
The processing time here is about 17 weeks (Oman) so I don't really have to worry about the Study Permit coming before that. But I am asking, if it happens, does it mean I will have to re-apply?

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, I deferred my intake from January to September since I didn't get my Visa by the deadline given by the college. I got my new Letter of Acceptance and raised a web form a week ago. I have now received a Correspondence Letter. Is this the Letter of Introduction as well? It's written in here, that my biometrics is valid till 2030/12/03(yy/mm/dd). So now, I can travel to Canada (by August) with this Letter, my new Letter of Acceptance and new CAQ right?