+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry About Accompaying Person

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Okay. So do I need an approval letter or something like that from that person? That I need to carry along with me to the airport to show the officials?

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
So I can only be eligible for speedtrack if I am a resident of one of these countries? I am a resident of Oman.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I can only be eligible for speedtrack if I am a resident of one of these countries? I am a resident of Oman.
Yes, only those countries are part of the SDS stream. There is no such things as fast track . Where do you live now Dubai or Oman? You are processed from where you are living now.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
I live in Oman currently.
And my college starts on Jan 18th.
Also, as i asked about the quarantine- does my roommate need to provide an approval letter or something akin that i need to show airport officials?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I live in Oman currently.
And my college starts on Jan 18th.
Also, as i asked about the quarantine- does my roommate need to provide an approval letter or something akin that i need to show airport officials?
Defer college because you will not have approval by January. You should have approval by April. Get written approval from room mate but things may change by the spring.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Do you mean quarantine approval or visa processing? And will it not be okay to attend classes online and travel later on?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you mean quarantine approval or visa processing? And will it not be okay to attend classes online and travel later on?
You can take classes online without a study permit but it may not count for Canadian education (Points for PR). And if your permit is refused...then what? You have paid fees & will you complete the program from Oman. Or have to quit when the course switches to in-class and your permit was refused. You will then have no Canadian education & no post graduate work permit. You will have paid a lot of money.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Okay, so you mean it's good to defer because visa processing will take time. And we cannot be sure that i won't get rejected. I think deferring will be the right thing to do then.
And as for quarantine facilities (if in case things don't get better) , all i will need to show is a written and signed approval from my roommate, right? Any complicated documents or procedures?

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,
I applied for my Study Permit for the January intake but because of the current circumstances, I have decided to defer to the September intake. In case, I do get approval, will I have to re-apply for Visa or can I use the same approval letter at the borders and show them my new Acceptance Letter (with the new dates)? Will that be enough? Or will I have to re-apply?