+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry About Accompaying Person

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, i am an international student from India and my mom would like to travel with me just to see my accommodation and university. Does this mean she is an accommpaying person even if it is only for a max of 3 weeks? Should i tick the accompanying person box in this case?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does she have a visitor visa? She may be allowed to enter with you but she should have a return ticket. She has to prove her visit is essential. Where would she quarantine for 14 days if you are going to college/university.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Oh okay, thank you. No, she does not have a visitor visa. If we book a ticket, it will include a return as well and there are quarantine facilities available for her. So if she does prove that her visit is essential, does that mean i should tick the acoompanying person box in the family form or not?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh okay, thank you. No, she does not have a visitor visa. If we book a ticket, it will include a return as well and there are quarantine facilities available for her. So if she does prove that her visit is essential, does that mean i should tick the acoompanying person box in the family form or not?
When are you coming? Visitor visa processing times are more than 8 months and she has to do biometrics. Biometrics just opened in India and are being prioritized. If you are coming for next September it may be processed by then. If you are coming for January, you are coming alone.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Considering all the factors that you mentioned, i think it's best to travel on my own. Thank you. And also, will i be able to quarantine in my hostel or should i find quarantine facilities outside?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Considering all the factors that you mentioned, i think it's best to travel on my own. Thank you. And also, will i be able to quarantine in my hostel or should i find quarantine facilities outside?
Ask your hostel since you can’t share bathrooms or a kitchen with multiple people. Those people may then need to quarantine too. Also you can’t leave the room (single room) so you need to arrange someone to bring your food, maybe cook for you & any essentials to you. You can’t use public transport likes buses so you need to arrange private transportation like Uber. You need to have a food delivery service bring the food to you. Your university probably has quarantine packages that you can pay and they take care of everything.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Oh, okay. So that means international students can travel? And what if I am not staying at a hostel but an apartment sharing with one other person but with a private room?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh, okay. So that means international students can travel? And what if I am not staying at a hostel but an apartment sharing with one other person but with a private room?
You need to talk to the roommate because that person needs to approve and bring everything to you for 2 weeks. And you can’t be in close contact with people who didn’t travel with you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Oh, okay. So it will be alright to travel without accepting the quarantine package of my college? Or can you travel with your own quarantine facilities if your college doesn't have a quarantine package?

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Also, in the Visa form, in the fee column, are we supposed to write the total program fee or first year fees?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh, okay. So it will be alright to travel without accepting the quarantine package of my college? Or can you travel with your own quarantine facilities if your college doesn't have a quarantine package?
You don’t need to go with the college but if you have a roommate, that person needs to agree that you can quarantine there because they need to take care of you for 2 weeks.