1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
qorax said:
Don't fake it -- but, be candid to them... tell Shehnaz that u r open to any placement... starters as well. The important thing is to join something, asap... quality progression will come automatically, after sometime.

Qorax
Thanx Qorax,
Yes I called her today but she was not in office. I would call again.
By the way, do thay look for Resume too. Also can I tell her that I reached Canada 2 months back and all such answers..
Meena

isha80

Dec 4, 2009
Hi Meena,

I first came canada in oct and went back india. And again I landed on 15 march and searching for job. could you send me some agencies website address.

Isha

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Thanx Qorax,
Yes I called her today but she was not in office. I would call again.
By the way, do thay look for Resume too. Also can I tell her that I reached Canada 2 months back and all such answers..
Meena
Yes, be candid - with everyone.

Qorax

Ps.: Me, Explorer, Ankit etc. had a get-together today morn... we discussed your case... Explorer might send u a PM on 'Coop' matter - pls touchbase with him.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Yes I discussed with Explorer and Ankit too.

I would like to thank you, Explorer and Ankit for their guidance. I hope it would really help me.

I would go for Co op on Thursday and would register myself. In the mean time if something good would happen, I would definitely update you.

Thanks again for all your support.

Regards..

johnK

May 21, 2011
There are more than enough jobs in toronto. But no one knocks on your door. An associate of mine recently found themselves unemployed. They sent two hundred resumes to as many companies. They received five interviews and two job offers. Why am I telling this to you? Maybe you're thinking you're unemployable or no one will hire you. I can guarantee they won't hire you if they don't have your resume!!! Pepper all employers whether they have posted employment opportunities or not. More jobs are hidden (never posted), than those that are posted. Send your resume blindly to companies. Once again, you can't be hired unless the hiring company has your resume. If you truly want a job, send out a few hundred resumes. If that doesn't give you the response you desire, reevaluate your resume, your suitability for the jobs you are applying to, and the companies you are applying to. If you feel that you have everything in order on all fronts, then send out four hundred more resumes. You should send your resume out frequently. A company may send you a letter saying that they will keep your resume on file for six months, but my experience says this is not true. If your resume isn't available when they are hiring, they won't be hiring you!

There are greater than 30,000 jobs unfilled in Toronto currently ( jobstosearch.ca ) .... The employers are missing one thing. Your resume.

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Like it..
johnK said:
There are more than enough jobs in toronto. But no one knocks on your door. An associate of mine recently found themselves unemployed. They sent two hundred resumes to as many companies. They received five interviews and two job offers. Why am I telling this to you? Maybe you're thinking you're unemployable or no one will hire you. I can guarantee they won't hire you if they don't have your resume!!! Pepper all employers whether they have posted employment opportunities or not. More jobs are hidden (never posted), than those that are posted. Send your resume blindly to companies. Once again, you can't be hired unless the hiring company has your resume. If you truly want a job, send out a few hundred resumes. If that doesn't give you the response you desire, reevaluate your resume, your suitability for the jobs you are applying to, and the companies you are applying to. If you feel that you have everything in order on all fronts, then send out four hundred more resumes. You should send your resume out frequently. A company may send you a letter saying that they will keep your resume on file for six months, but my experience says this is not true. If your resume isn't available when they are hiring, they won't be hiring you!

There are greater than 30,000 jobs unfilled in Toronto currently ( jobstosearch.ca ) .... The employers are missing one thing. Your resume.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
I love this forum and most esp you guys. Thanks for the boost. I need it, still my status is RBVO.

gksh07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
09-04-2011In process:12-04-2011
Med's Request
09-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2011
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
Dear seniors of this thread.
i will also be needing your help and guidance for survival job in nearfuture.
Can you kindly suggest what should I do now while in Germany for job search in canada.
wE ARE done with our medicals. Hopefully we will get our passport request soon.
gksh07

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gksh07 said:
Dear seniors of this thread.
i will also be needing your help and guidance for survival job in nearfuture.
Can you kindly suggest what should I do now while in Germany for job search in canada.
wE ARE done with our medicals. Hopefully we will get our passport request soon.
gksh07
for getting survival jobs u can do nothing sitting in Germany, once u land then only guidance and efforts can be made.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi Explorer:
I landed in Toronto since March 10, 2011. My husband and I are really struggling. We haven't found jobs yet. We've being in lots of centers who help with job search workshops, and had employment counselors you know this kind of government agencies. But at the end all I feel is like pure statistics. We really try to keep positive and hoping that a job will appear but no luck yet. We are dentists but we know we can't work as that, so we started applying for dental assistant jobs but it turned out that one needs to be harp certified and have a Cpr certificate. We do know the CPR is a one day course but the harp certification is no so easy. So I decided to go for a dental receptionist job and had no luck yet. But my husband is really getting frustrated you know. He's being searching for survival jobs and until now the only way are this agencies that pay minimum salary which you know is Ok. At least he brings food to the table right? but they only want shifts that I imagine no one in the company wants. And this are not perm jobs they are just once in a week call. So we are really feeling like an end road. So If there is anything you think we could work on PLEASE let me know. We really need to work. I will really appreciate it.
Thanks
Gigab

kimwayne

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-10
Doc's Request.
BD has been cashed out(Nov.10,2010)
Nomination.....
In Process(February 23,2011),Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete (February 26,2011)
AOR Received.
PER received February 23,2011,2nd AOR(Per) March 17,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with the rest of the documents
File Transfer...
March 24,2011
Med's Request
July 13,2011
Med's Done....
July 28,2011.Payment for processing and RPRF for my wife done in SEPT.16,2011
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
Nov.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 11,2011
LANDED..........
April 30,2012..Successfully completed and became a permanent resident holder.
thank you so much for this thread.I will tell my friends who wants to go to toronto and GTA about this. ;D

Ontario Journey

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
This thread brings hope and opportunities to those who up to now are struggling to find jobs in Canada particularly in Toronto. Many, many thanks to Explorer 101, Qorax and to those who unselfishly help out and contribute in whatever way they can... I have yet to come to Canada as my application is still in-process, but now I have an idea where will I go to once I landed.

contributions, job leads, any inputs with regards to jobs in Canada - keep coming please!

Keep this thread up!

Thank you. ;)

OJ

Ontario Journey

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Hi Qorax, Explorer:

Just a hypothetical question: Would it be possible for me to land a job in Sun Life Financial based in Toronto considering that I've worked in Sun Life Financial in the Philippines for more than 5 years? Will Sun Life Toronto consider my experience in its Philippine branch?

Thank you for the time...

OJ