explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ontario Journey said:
Hi Qorax, Explorer:
Just a hypothetical question: Would it be possible for me to land a job in Sun Life Financial based in Toronto considering that I've worked in Sun Life Financial in the Philippines for more than 5 years? Will Sun Life Toronto consider my experience in its Philippine branch?
Thank you for the time...
OJ
Yes, u will have the advantage over other applicants. As u would be well versed with most of products, services and work culture of this company. Sell ur experience and u would have a good chance to get hired by sun life in Canada. You would still have to work hard to improve ur resume, interviewing skills.

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landing in June 2012 end by grace of GOD
Hi,

What about the "HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONAL" market in Toronto? My hubby has just completed his MBA (HRM) 2 years full time and Master's in HRM 1 year full time in Australian reputed University.....but i think HR professional is regulated? Is their good opportunity for mine hubby...I'm really worried...he doesn't have any experience in this field till now....should he go for again studies in Canada to brush his knowdlege as per canadian standards or give straight exam for licence?

Please reply and share your knowdlege...

cheers!!

Tina

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right explorer.. rather than nothing "surrvival jobs" are the best one.
my friend he also worked in ciggarets paper productins company and after 2months he got nice job 1 year ago, now for him all set and purchased nice 3 BHK - 2 story own home @ Richmond hills (ofcourse on bank loan for several years of installments).

OMM

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi Explorer:
Would you please guide us on what to do. Landed 5 months ago, no job, almost no more savings and a little bit worried. But I am a positive person and really hope something will come up.
Gigab

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gigab said:
Hi Explorer:
Would you please guide us on what to do. Landed 5 months ago, no job, almost no more savings and a little bit worried. But I am a positive person and really hope something will come up.
Gigab
Join a "Co-op" asap... u can select one from either of these 4:

1. Office Accounting Co-op
2. Foreign Trained Professional Co-op
3. Office Administration or Customer Service Co-op
4. Business Leadership Co-op

U get FREE training & Voluntary Placement thereafter, many of which lead to a permanent placement.

Ref: http://www.dpcdsb.org/CEC/CNE/Adult+Centres/St+Gabriels+Centre/Coop/

TESTIMONIALS

“I worked full-time to search companies & job advertisements… I sent my cover letter and resumes to several hundred companies, but I did not get a chance to have a job as a mechanical engineer…. I took part in your co-op program & I got a job offer.”
Ali M.
Mechanical Engineer

“I am pleased to announce that we have hired 3 of your students…this program has provided some highly educated individuals.”
Brian Roland
Goodrich Landing Gear Division

Qorax

Nov 2, 2011
allTAP provides a great hiring tool to advertise your job openings at absolutely FREE of cost, search and shortlist talented applicant profiles, preview the great matching prescreened applicants video profiles and hire them for a compellingly-best service fee. It is as simple as that at a breeze of ease.

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gigab said:
Hi Explorer:
I landed in Toronto since March 10, 2011. My husband and I are really struggling. We haven't found jobs yet. We've being in lots of centers who help with job search workshops, and had employment counselors you know this kind of government agencies. But at the end all I feel is like pure statistics. We really try to keep positive and hoping that a job will appear but no luck yet. We are dentists but we know we can't work as that, so we started applying for dental assistant jobs but it turned out that one needs to be harp certified and have a Cpr certificate. We do know the CPR is a one day course but the harp certification is no so easy. So I decided to go for a dental receptionist job and had no luck yet. But my husband is really getting frustrated you know. He's being searching for survival jobs and until now the only way are this agencies that pay minimum salary which you know is Ok. At least he brings food to the table right? but they only want shifts that I imagine no one in the company wants. And this are not perm jobs they are just once in a week call. So we are really feeling like an end road. So If there is anything you think we could work on PLEASE let me know. We really need to work. I will really appreciate it.
Thanks

Gigab

Gigab plz pm me and i'll send you contact address of the places where you can get work rightaway and min 5days work for you both.

samvats

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Ahmedabad
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cybervjs said:
Gigab plz pm me and i'll send you contact address of the places where you can get work rightaway and min 5days work for you both.

Great work cybervjs.

Nov 2, 2011
Guys if you want to get good job in Canada then you have to do one this just landed to our site which is provide you wide rang of jobs on every fields.

Markho

Nov 18, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS - 8.5 Band & PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
PER received :15.11.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
AOR received 3.01.2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24.02.2012, PP received by VO - 08.03.2012, DM - 05.05.2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
cybervjs said:
Dear cybervjs,
I've been following this thread a few days now. I'm just getting my papers processed for immigration, but I'm really anxious about the job market in Canada right now. Will you be able to help me out/ guide me too with finding odd jobs when I'm there.

Imty

Jan 2, 2012
explorer101 said:
I had talk with Mrs. Shenaz owner of MAXIM Placement & her husband Mr. Imtiaz who is lawyer, they have arrangement of jobs with lots of factories and storage. If anyone is interested then Mrs Shenaz can be contacted at 905-293-9675. I feel she should not be disturbed midnight. See the local Canadian time ( Toronto) to call her at office timings only i.e 10 am -5 pm. Call her only after you have landed in Canada, she had specifically told dont call from your own country. She asks to fill up a from ( resume) for SIN card copy.
So survival jobs are here, unlike USA economy, Canadian economy is recovering from recession. In future there would be more opportunity.
If you are landing in Toronto, you dont have to worry about finishing savings without work. You will not be jobless for more than 5-6 days.
Explorer101, i will be landing in or around June, am a qualified credit controller, but also have a certificate in forklift driving. I know it maybe hard to fit in as a credit controller immediately so am willing to take in as a forklift driver as i work my way up. What i need to know would i have to get accreditation for my certificate, and how can i do it before i land?

profahmed

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
june2010
Med's Request
19th june 2012
Med's Done....
25th june2012
Interview........
waived
Imty said:
Explorer101, i will be landing in or around June, am a qualified credit controller, but also have a certificate in forklift driving. I know it maybe hard to fit in as a credit controller immediately so am willing to take in as a forklift driver as i work my way up. What i need to know would i have to get accreditation for my certificate, and how can i do it before i land?