Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Explorer and qorax, Thank you for the good work. Please, is it possible to engage oneself in a co-op on a part time basis? lets say, twice a week and at the same time engaged with a survival job?.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabrilla said:
Explorer and qorax, Thank you for the good work. Please, is it possible to engage oneself in a co-op on a part time basis? lets say, twice a week and at the same time engaged with a survival job?.
It is full time, survival job can be done in the evening or weekends

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torpunjabdi said:
Dear Explorer and qorax,
I need your help in understanding CO-OP, and in need of some kind of survival job , i am currently in North York Area, landed 5 days back, completed most of my paper work, now need your help for further action,please help.
TPD
this would be useful
http://www.dpcdsb.org/CEC/CNE/Adult+Centres/St+Gabriels+Centre

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
explorer101 said:
this would be useful
explorer101, thanks for your reply, please one more question, I learnt for a family of 4 i.e 2 adults and 2 kids , the law will not allows them to rent 1bedroom apartment, are they allowed to rent 1 bedroom + den as new immigrant?.

KORAD

Apr 2, 2013
Hi garS,

Do anyone know about '' Attorney David Cohen (dcohen@canadavisa.com)'' ???
I just get this address from friends Can anyone help and tell me how is they seriousness with working and Canadian visa???
Please help.

Ado.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
explorer101 said:
this would be useful
explorer101, I have gone through the post and found it very very informative. Please, is there a fee the student is expected to pay or is it free?. Although, I did not study accounting but have done a bit of accounting work in the office. I want to change my line to accounting, I hope it will be possible for them to accept me in thier co op.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabrilla said:
explorer101, I have gone through the post and found it very very informative. Please, is there a fee the student is expected to pay or is it free?. Although, I did not study accounting but have done a bit of accounting work in the office. I want to change my line to accounting, I hope it will be possible for them to accept me in thier co op.
The co op is paid by CIC, from the applicant they charge about $35 for registration and for a small test to check the level of english.
I have found that accounting is a tough job to get in Canada even after Co Op. If you are interested in accounting, it would be better to go for some certification from a college. It would be however paid by you. Day time you can work and join the evening classes.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabrilla said:
explorer101, thanks for your reply, please one more question, I learnt for a family of 4 i.e 2 adults and 2 kids , the law will not allows them to rent 1bedroom apartment, are they allowed to rent 1 bedroom + den as new immigrant?.
Why go for an apartment, they have a long term contract and normally are available for over $1000. Initially you can get a 2 bedroom basement for about $700 a month, on month to month basis.
Den is not cosidered a bedroom in the eyes of law.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
explorer101 said:
Why go for an apartment, they have a long term contract and normally are available for over $1000. Initially you can get a 2 bedroom basement for about $700 a month, on month to month basis.
Den is not considered a bedroom in the eyes of law.
explorer101
thanks for the contribution so far,am a family of 4 but plan to land by middle of may.though am an accountant and banker with 5years experience each.i want to know what they mean by Co op.
Also, am a postgraduate holder from canadian school of finance and management,what are my chance of landing job or do i still need to do Co op or volunteering in my chosen field.please expatiate...

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaddy said:
explorer101
thanks for the contribution so far,am a family of 4 but plan to land by middle of may.though am an accountant and banker with 5years experience each.i want to know what they mean by Co op.
Also, am a postgraduate holder from canadian school of finance and management,what are my chance of landing job or do i still need to do Co op or volunteering in my chosen field.please expatiate...
Most of the hiring managers look for people who have Canadian education and Canadian work experience, to gain Canadian work experience these Co op's are useful place. They have class room training and then place the new immigrant in a company where he gains Canadian experience. I have posted the link , you can see more details of co op there.
You have Canadian education, if case you do not response initially from the HR's then I would recommend you to go through the process of Co op's.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
explorer101 said:
The co op is paid by CIC, from the applicant they charge about $35 for registration and for a small test to check the level of english.
I have found that accounting is a tough job to get in Canada even after Co Op. If you are interested in accounting, it would be better to go for some certification from a college. It would be however paid by you. Day time you can work and join the evening classes.
explorer101, thank you so much, Can you really advice me on the kind of job that one can get easily at the inital stage through the co op before getting a certification from a college?. atleast something that can pay better than survival job may be clerical position e.g book keeper or any other through co op. Secondly, we are family of 4, can we survival on my hubby's survival job while I join the co op without job?.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
explorer101 said:
Den is not cosidered a bedroom in the eyes of law.
I learnt basement are usually very cold and one don't have access to control the heating system. We are not used to cold because of where we came from . Please are there any other options?.

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Dear Explorer1

You are doing a great job for new immigrants while posting informative material.
Mate i am just curious to know how Husband/Wife work if they having small kids. i heard
baby sitting is bit expensive .

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabrilla said:
I learnt basement are usually very cold and one don't have access to control the heating system. We are not used to cold because of where we came from . Please are there any other options?.
As per city by-laws basements have to be heated close to 21 degrees in winter months, so you dont worry about cold . Some walkin basements are virtually on ground floor or have big windows. Even otherwise start loving cold cause it is really very cold in most parts of Canada.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabrilla said:
explorer101, thank you so much, Can you really advice me on the kind of job that one can get easily at the inital stage through the co op before getting a certification from a college?. atleast something that can pay better than survival job may be clerical position e.g book keeper or any other through co op. Secondly, we are family of 4, can we survival on my hubby's survival job while I join the co op without job?.
Unfortunately office jobs are most difficult to get. This is recession time and the business have shrunk. Accounting jobs are most difficult to get, unless you have connection in Canada. As told before these co op's do not work well for accountants.