+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enough survival jobs in Toronto & GTA

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are enough survival jobs in Toronto & GTA. Reasonable earnings from it and would not be any problem in paying for rent, food and bills.
Sorry, can't live like a king with that but is enough to keep floating and find jobs in your area of occupation or study.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Survival job, better to have that rather being unemployed and finishing savings . I tell you savings erode here fast, quite fast cause Canada is expensive.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. Just walking around downtown I see signs in stores looking for staff; part-time and full-time.

tran

May 10, 2009
explorer101 said:
Survival job, better to have that rather being unemployed and finishing savings . I tell you savings erode here fast, quite fast cause Canada is expensive.
I wish you and your family all the best for your new life in Canada.

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Explorer101, thanks a lot for boosting our morale and giving us some peace that there are enough survival jobs in Toronto and GTA.

Can you please throw some light of what are the minimum wages per hour for these jobs? Are newcomers easily accepted by the employer for these kind of jobs?

Thanks again.

Best of luck to you for all your future endeavors.

May God bless us all.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yahoo India said:
Explorer101, thanks a lot for boosting our morale and giving us some peace that there are enough survival jobs in Toronto and GTA.
Can you please throw some light of what are the minimum wages per hour for these jobs? Are newcomers easily accepted by the employer for these kind of jobs?
Thanks again.
Best of luck to you for all your future endeavors.
May God bless us all.
It is about $10-15 per hour, they are factory / office jobs, hard work I must tell you. May not be according to your potential but it helps. New comers are welcome, all they want is legal status SIN Card number.

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Explorer101, Thanks again.

We all should be happy with $10-15 per hour and ready to do any job as we will gain Canadian experience and we will not need to spend our savings. I have checked few sites about cost of living, and $10-15 will at least help us survive for the first few months and then we can look for jobs of our choice.

Any newcomer should be able to adapt to these factors, then only one can be successful.

Really grateful for your info about jobs. Please keep posting about more oppurtunities.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
There are enough survival jobs in Toronto & GTA. Reasonable earnings from it and would not be any problem in paying for rent, food and bills.
Sorry, can't live like a king with that but is enough to keep floating and find jobs in your area of occupation or study.
Kudos to u Explorer for starting this thread. Good show man!
I'd request other landed members to post their part of info, purely to job search. It'd help immensely the newcomers, as well as boost the morale of everyone, in general.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Times Change
(Sherbourne station)
365 Bloor St, 17th floor,
Toronto.

Visit this office to obtain info & various options viz. Job Search. This office helps newcomers (especially ladies) with jobs and many other things. They have a reference room where they have large indexes for recruiters.

Ask any volunteer there, s/he'd provide all the counseling needed; and they are very very helpful too. Some of my folks vouch for that.

Qorax

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Times Change
(Sherbourne station)
365 Bloor St, 17th floor,
Toronto.

Visit this office to obtain info & various options viz. Job Search. This office helps newcomers (especially ladies) with jobs and many other things. They have a reference room where they have large indexes for recruiters.

Ask any volunteer there, s/he'd provide all the counseling needed; and they are very very helpful too. Some of my folks vouch for that.

Qorax
Great, boss now get going. Doubt in new immigrants mind/ new applicants mind that Canada - no jobs, NOT CANADA and so on will be dispensed with by this discussion / info.

I started it but your contribution will make a difference. 11.10 PM here and you are still contributing.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Msg received from a friend:
Apple1
40 Sheppard Ave West,
Toronto

H/all, I discovered an employment agency (close to you Anushauc), the corner of Sheppard and Yonge. They take resumes for many professions, including IT, (except teachers of course, nobody likes them here :))). So give it a try.

All the best,
Mona

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
Great, boss now get going. Doubt in new immigrants mind/ new applicants mind that Canada - no jobs, NOT CANADA and so on will be dispensed with by this discussion / info.

I started it but your contribution will make a difference. 11.10 PM here and you are still contributing.
Thanx bro, how's it going ?
Qorax

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apple one one branch is in square one also in Mississauga. One must visit them as soon as SIN ( only no , not card) is available.