+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference letters-FSW

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Do I have to send original reference letters or certifed copies to the visa office? (FSW).

Will there be any interview if the applicatio is accpeted?

Ice cube

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ice Cube said:
Do I have to send original reference letters or certifed copies to the visa office? (FSW).

Ice cube

If you are able to get the original reference letter for visa office it will be great, but in case you have only one original and there is no chance in the future to get again from same employer then send notarize copy and explanation too. If in case visa office will not send back the original then in future you can't use them in your references. Try to get the original from present employer and rest notarize copy will be fine.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ice Cube said:
so if my application is rejected, the visa office wont return my documents?

Thanks
Ice cube

They will return.

but if you are approved and then you have no original experience in your hand how you are going apply for jab??

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ice Cube said:

Ice cube
Icecube if you are applying to CIO Sydney you do not need to send the reference letters.
If you are in second stage and sending documents to Local Visa office send originals.

Request Visa office to return the original after processing and they will return it back to you

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Ankit_20/ hmisabpk,

That was a big relief. Im in the second stage and having trouble getting copies of work contract from previous employers. Things get even worest when getting documents from out of the country.

What I do if I do not have employment contracts for previous employers? I never wanted to keep any contracts from previous employers and never knew that i would ever want them in the future.

can't the visa office just contact my previous employers and get everything sorted out with regards to my employments. The employers respond better for visa office's inquiries than resigned employees'

Any opinions?

Ice cube

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right , In some cases employers are not friendly to ex-employees. But onus lies on applicant to prove his claims about his employment history. CHC can verify the claims by making calls etc or may even choose not to do so if they are satisfied with the documentation.

But to expect them to contact your previous employers and get everything sorted out is little too much. There are more chances that they do not approve the application for want of more evidence.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
according to policy of my employer reference letter is only given to employee when he leaves a job

they also asks employee to leave a job if he/she is going to canada as an immigrant.

what should be done in this situation ??

I decided to attach explanation that according to their policy ....bla bla bla

and they are not ready to give me any reference letter though they are giving me all my certificates i.e exp certi(It does not contain duties and responsibility)transfer letter,salary slips,promotion letters,training letters(some of them are also of the duties which i mentioned)etc
so i am sending all these documents + explanation letter + affidavit which confirms all my duties..this is the only thing i can do ...next is IOs wish !!

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
well..looks like you don't have many options. Attach a copy of you contract too
..do whatever you are trying to do and hope for the best!
Ice cube

goodguy_inau

Feb 12, 2010
I have got experience letter that shows the time since I am working with this organization and duties I perform with the organization. Now i have left the organization . I have not resigned . Is it a valid letter as a proof. Now I am overseas and cannot go back to my country to collect reference letter. Is it possible to show my experience letter that only shows the day when I started and the day I got that letter from my organization.

eemmoo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
working on document update
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Naavy100 said:
according to policy of my employer reference letter is only given to employee when he leaves a job

they also asks employee to leave a job if he/she is going to canada as an immigrant.

what should be done in this situation ??

I decided to attach explanation that according to their policy ....bla bla bla

and they are not ready to give me any reference letter though they are giving me all my certificates i.e exp certi(It does not contain duties and responsibility)transfer letter,salary slips,promotion letters,training letters(some of them are also of the duties which i mentioned)etc
so i am sending all these documents + explanation letter + affidavit which confirms all my duties..this is the only thing i can do ...next is IOs wish !!

I am also in the same situation. All other documents are ok. Except for reference letter from current employer. I am currently working in Big4 audit firms. And my firms policy is not to issues any kind of reference letter to current employees. I am also planning to attach an explanation letter alongwith other support like, employment contract, promotion letters, and current salary certificate. Will this help. Any comments from the seniors???

rg_canada

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
Guys,

I have a question on reference letters. DO the letters have to be multiple pages? Or does 1 page is enough. I have got the letter from my employer with 8-9 concise points abt my duties.

is that sufficient?

also, i hv been with my current company for 3 yrs and that is the experience i am claiming against NOC0213. In that case, how critical are the letters from my previous employers?

thanks,
RG

Tom_sask

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
10-01-2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015, Collected on 10-03-2015
Hi Guys,

Could you please share with me the format of employment reference letters. As, I need them due to my previous employer not willing to issue me the same on his letter head. I decided to get it from my colleagues. So, Please advise me in which format I should get them. I appreciate your kind responses to my post. Thanks.

askhan

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aug 2015
Krunal6584 said:
Can someone share the format of reference letter ? It will be a great help.
below is the sample noterization for Letter of reference (collected...)

Sample noterization
Date:

SOLEMN AFFIRMATION

I the undersigned, (principal applicant), residing at ___________________________________, hereby solemnly affirm that from (date) until (date) I was employed by (company name) as (job title).

I worked (number) hours per week and was paid (salary) (weekly, monthly, yearly).

My main duties consisted of (main duties).

Main Duty 1
Main Duty 2
Main Duty 3
Main Duty 4
and so on and so forth.

I am unable to obtain a letter with the job description from my employer because the HR department doesn't provide any such letter with the job duties mentioned on it. The only thing they provide with is an experience letter with the designation and the tenure of the employment mentioned on it, that too at the time of relieving. I have that letter and I shall enclose the notarized copy of the same.