+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Reference letter - no letterhead

salma1208

Jun 6, 2017
All of you who can't get a letter of employment according to CIC's needs, give me your email addresses and I will send you a template for an affidavit that your company policy is such and such.

I can't share it here as it is a scanned document. I know a few people who were in the same situation as you guys, they used a similar affidavit had no problem at all.
Could you please share the letter at salma.umme@gmail.com

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So, how does one need to notarize a letter that is not provided on letterhead?
Absolutely no need to get it notarized.

You need to :
1) Write a letter of explanation RE employer's refusal to provide the required letter (include proof).
2) Provide alternative documentation - this letter is one piece, be sure the person who signs includes contact information and/or a business card.
3) Provide other records, such as a contract, Record of Employment (if you are no longer there), along with the T4.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Absolutely no need to get it notarized.

You need to :
1) Write a letter of explanation RE employer's refusal to provide the required letter (include proof). Could this be an email from the company HR or something?
2) Provide alternative documentation - this letter is one piece, be sure the person who signs includes contact information and/or a business card. What kind of alternate documentation?
3) Provide other records, such as a contract, Record of Employment (if you are no longer there), along with the T4.What is the T4?
Thanks Jes. Please see above.

gatsbym4

Jun 25, 2017
All of you who can't get a letter of employment according to CIC's needs, give me your email addresses and I will send you a template for an affidavit that your company policy is such and such.

I can't share it here as it is a scanned document. I know a few people who were in the same situation as you guys, they used a similar affidavit had no problem at all.

Could u please send me the document,here is my email...gatsbym4@gmail.com thank u

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks Jes. Please see above.
1) Write a letter of explanation RE employer's refusal to provide the required letter (include proof). Could this be an email from the company HR or something?
Yes.

2) Provide alternative documentation - this letter is one piece, be sure the person who signs includes contact information and/or a business card. What kind of alternate documentation? ?? Weren't we discussing an unofficial letter from a colleague? Other items could be a contract, paystubs, etc.

3) Provide other records, such as a contract, Record of Employment (if you are no longer there), along with the T4.What is the T4?
Sorry, T4s are for people who work in Canada, they are annual wage/remuneration statements provided by employers to employees for income tax purposes (like W2s in the USA). If you have a similar document from your country, you could use that too.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Yes.

2) Provide alternative documentation - this letter is one piece, be sure the person who signs includes contact information and/or a business card. What kind of alternate documentation? ?? Weren't we discussing an unofficial letter from a colleague? Other items could be a contract, paystubs, etc.

Sorry, T4s are for people who work in Canada, they are annual wage/remuneration statements provided by employers to employees for income tax purposes (like W2s in the USA). If you have a similar document from your country, you could use that too.
Thanks for the explanations

Jun 14, 2017

I am facing the exact situation. Please do send me the template as well. Thanks
davgomes@gmail.com