+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Reference letter - no letterhead

pplupo

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I worked in a *HUGE* oil company which was highly hierarchized. I'm having an extremely hard time to get the Employer Reference letter with ALL the requirements in CIC site.

So far I was able to get an official document from the company (letterhead, signature and all) with my job title, dates of admission and resignation, salary and other stuff. What is missing is a contact information, my responsibilities and duties and number of hours per week.

Unfortunately my superior there (who would be the only one able to answer about my activities - because the organization is highly hierarchized) doesn't have the necessary authority to write an official document printed on company letterhead. He could, however:
Write in plain white paper and sign it.
Write an e-mail from the company's e-mail.
He is also willing to provide proof (official document printed on company letterhead) that he works there.

Reactions: Robbie003

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whenever a letter is issued on plain paper it is suggested (although some disagree) to get it notarized, once you do what you have would be sufficient.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
I read few times on this Forum that getting this written on letterhead that as per company policy or country guidelines this is the standard response to all reference request or even copy of email where they have refused to give roles and responsibilities on letter head

pplupo

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Saudamini said:
I read few times on this Forum that getting this written on letterhead that as per company policy or country guidelines this is the standard response to all reference request or even copy of email where they have refused to give roles and responsibilities on letter head
Saudamini, thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately I could not understand what you said in this sentence. Would you care to elaborate a bit further?

pplupo

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Whenever a letter is issued on plain paper it is suggested (although some disagree) to get it notarized, once you do what you have would be sufficient.
Thank you DelPiero07. If it's not sufficient, do you know what happens? Do they just decline the application or do they get in touch with me?

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
My friend, who is a PR holder now, had produced a reference letter on a plain sheet of paper because of HR policy for one of his employers. He got the following documents:

1. Non notorized letter mentioning all the reference letter details signed by his supervisor
2. Supervisors business card
3. Self's relieving letter and pay stubs
4 Email from HR that they dont provide such letters

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
pplupo said:
Saudamini, thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately I could not understand what you said in this sentence. Would you care to elaborate a bit further?
Copy of Email from HR that such letters are not issued as per the company's policy or country guidelines

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
romeo2529 said:
My friend, who is a PR holder now, had produced a reference letter on a plain sheet of paper because of HR policy for one of his employers. He got the following documents:

1. Non notorized letter mentioning all the reference letter details signed by his supervisor
2. Supervisors business card
3. Self's relieving letter and pay stubs
4 Email from HR that they dont provide such letters
Is it important to get this letter signed by supervisor/manager. My cousin can get a letter from HR though HR will not include all the jobs and responsibilities he performed, though supervisor agrees to these duties but due to company policy he cannot sign any document.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
bram said:
Is it important to get this letter signed by supervisor/manager. My cousin can get a letter from HR though HR will not include all the jobs and responsibilities he performed, though supervisor agrees to these duties but due to company policy he cannot sign any document.
Job duties have to be mentioned in the letter. Does not matter if it is from HR/Supervisor/Manager or a Colleague. If it is on a letterhead, its good. If on a plain paper, always better to get it notarized.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
bram said:
Is it important to get this letter signed by supervisor/manager? My cousin can get a letter from HR through HR will not include all the jobs and responsibilities he performed, though supervisor agrees to these duties but due to company policy he cannot sign any document.
It is very important to even get a brief letter from supervisor/colleague for roles and responsibilities and attach his/her Business Card! Please get this.

Along with this email from HR refusing to give this information either due to company policy or country guidelines or get this written on Letterhead itself

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
pplupo said:
I worked in a *HUGE* oil company which was highly hierarchized. I'm having an extremely hard time to get the Employer Reference letter with ALL the requirements in CIC site.

So far I was able to get an official document from the company (letterhead, signature and all) with my job title, dates of admission and resignation, salary and other stuff. What is missing is a contact information, my responsibilities and duties and number of hours per week.

Unfortunately my superior there (who would be the only one able to answer about my activities - because the organization is highly hierarchized) doesn't have the necessary authority to write an official document printed on company letterhead. He could, however:
Write in plain white paper and sign it.
Write an e-mail from the company's e-mail.
He is also willing to provide proof (official document printed on company letterhead) that he works there.
Some people just attach an affidavit stating that the company policy. I know a friend who got a PR like that.

pplupo

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I've been talking to some people at the organization I worked for.
All that I would be able to get so far is a letter from my superior in plain paper (no letterhead) with my activities and his business card.

From my organization I would able to acquire a document stating the period I was there, my salary, that I worked 200 hours per month (which would be equivalent to 50h/week) and other details.

Do you think that would be enough?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pplupo said:
I've been talking to some people at the organization I worked for.
All that I would be able to get so far is a letter from my superior in plain paper (no letterhead) with my activities and his business card.

From my organization I would able to acquire a document stating the period I was there, my salary, that I worked 200 hours per month (which would be equivalent to 50h/week) and other details.

Do you think that would be enough?
This would be sufficient provided you attach other documents like your offer letter from this company, salary slips, etc. Also if you have an official communication that the company cannot provide a reference letyetr per CIC requirements then upload that. Also get the reference letter provided by your colleague notarized.

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am unable to get a letter from my company as well, but my manager can give me the letter on the company letterhead, tho he does not have access to the company stamp, is the stamp also necessary, or the reference letter with job duties etc on the letter head with his business card would suffice?? Thank you