+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employer letter reference

canada4all

Oct 21, 2010
I have worked for an employer for eight and half years. I had four different designations as
1-Supervisor
2-Senior Supervisor
3-Assistant Manager
4-Deputy Manager

I had almost same like responsibilities. My employer is willing to issue all commulative responsibilities on one page only after listing all designations on top . Employer is not willing to give multipage reference letter uder each individual job title?

Is it OK? or what should I do?

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
This is a common situation encountered by people with many years of experience.

I would suggest, make sure your reference letter is CLEAR in stating your PRESENT JOB TITLE/RESPONSIBILITIES and the duration you have held that position, additionally stating your previously held designations/duties etc.
I feel that in a Reference letter its very important to have the JOB TITLE, DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES, DURATION clearly mentioned.

For all of us on this forum its a clearly evident thing about the above mentioned items but for the HR Dept guys who prepare these reference letters they just go by their company template.
Try to prepare a letter template and give it to them, they might not use it completely but it will surely give them an idea and help you get a letter you/CIC is looking for.

jonEthan

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-10
Doc's Request.
5-Oct-10
AOR Received.
16-Mar-11
Med's Request
16-Oct-12
I agree. Try to write the letter yourself, the way you envision it, then send it to them.
That's what I did and company gave me pretty much what I wrote with some additional data from them like the benefits, salaries, etc.