+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Appointment Vancouver

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
At this point of time, i can say travelling from one province to another for Visa interview would also been on check!
Ah crap. I don't know why I didn't even think of this.
Maybe I should just reschedule the appointment for Toronto...whenever that opens up

EDIT: I rescheduled my interview for Toronto, but now it's November instead of April...
I hope the consulates accept regular appointments by then.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

amaxi

Jun 3, 2017
@cr7isthegoat had a previous appointment booked back in Jan 2020 which kept postponing and in such cases they are considering the emergency appointment request if the families are seperated. Or else they are rejecting the emergency appointment.

So lets say, you get an appointment in May 2021 and you reach Canada and stuck here, your spouse is in Usa, if everything goes well and your appointment isn't cancelled well and good, or else if its getting cancelled and gets postponed indefinitely month after month then you can try requesting emergency appointment. Remember, if you book appointment today and request for emergency apptmnt a week or two weeks later they are going to straight away reject it. I faced this. So you need to atleast wait for 1 or 2months and give it a try. I also have my 2 cents, if you haven't reached Canada and try emergency apptmnt staying in Us they'll reject.
Thank you for the advice. My March appointment was cancelled due to pandemic. I was thinking of emergency appointment and I am separated from my spouse, who is currently in US. My concern is once the request is rejected, I don't have a second chance. As per official website, the circumstances that may be considered for expedited appointments include:
  1. An immediate relative's death, grave illness or life threatening accident taking place in the United States.
  2. Urgent medical treatment for the applicant or their minor child.
  3. An applicant for a student or exchange visitor (F/M/J) visa whose I-20 or DS-2019 has a start date that is earlier than the first available visa appointment.
  4. An unexpected need to travel to the United States for urgent business purposes that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
  5. An unexpected visit that is of significant cultural, political, journalistic, sporting or economic importance that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
Is separating from spouse a valid reason?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank you for the advice. My March appointment was cancelled due to pandemic. I was thinking of emergency appointment and I am separated from my spouse, who is currently in US. My concern is once the request is rejected, I don't have a second chance. As per official website, the circumstances that may be considered for expedited appointments include:
  1. An immediate relative's death, grave illness or life threatening accident taking place in the United States.
  3. An applicant for a student or exchange visitor (F/M/J) visa whose I-20 or DS-2019 has a start date that is earlier than the first available visa appointment.
  4. An unexpected need to travel to the United States for urgent business purposes that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
  5. An unexpected visit that is of significant cultural, political, journalistic, sporting or economic importance that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
The list is just majority/subset of the reasons which they can approve. They are approving if its compelling reason to issue visa. Again it also depends on the officer too as not all officer approves for family separation reason as per few posts in this forum. So you can give it a try.
My family's h4 appointment was approved for the financial loss(due to rent both in US and in Canada - i was supposed to move before pandemic but couldnt hence gave this reason of monthly double expenditure for residence). So the list is not the finite one. if its logical and reasonable to issue a visa then one can expedite the request for appointment.

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Any one attended H4 visa appointment and received 221G asking to provide quarantine plan in usa?
Today, i have got 221g to provide quarantine plan for H4 visa appointment.

aksaokar

Jan 18, 2021
Yes, mine was the same case (wife on H1 in US and i was in Canada, company applied for L1 to US). You really need to create a compelling argument about separation from my wife (in my case it was well over a year) and then how you explain regarding no support during covid times, etc may help as well. My visa just got issued after my interview last week so don't lose hope on that expedited approval (but make sure you make a compelling argument for the same)

Reactions: amaxi

amaxi

Jun 3, 2017
Yes, mine was the same case (wife on H1 in US and i was in Canada, company applied for L1 to US). You really need to create a compelling argument about separation from my wife (in my case it was well over a year) and then how you explain regarding no support during covid times, etc may help as well. My visa just got issued after my interview last week so don't lose hope on that expedited approval (but make sure you make a compelling argument for the same)
Thank you for the suggestion!

dvp411

Feb 3, 2021
I just got an email asking if I am currently in Canada and my dates of arrival in Canada and US. I had applied for an expedited appointment on 29th January when I was in canada but I didn't hear anything back so I returned to US on 8th Feb using AVR. I am planning on travelling to canada again next week. If I tell them I'm not physically in Canada currently but I have a travel planned for next week and am still in need of an expedited appointment, is there a chance of approval? I don't know how to frame my reply.

aksaokar

Jan 18, 2021
I just got an email asking if I am currently in Canada and my dates of arrival in Canada and US. I had applied for an expedited appointment on 29th January when I was in canada but I didn't hear anything back so I returned to US on 8th Feb using AVR. I am planning on travelling to canada again next week. If I tell them I'm not physically in Canada currently but I have a travel planned for next week and am still in need of an expedited appointment, is there a chance of approval? I don't know how to frame my reply.
Be truthful about whatever you reply back, that's it. Ideally they take atleast 10 days to get back to you so you shouldn't have travelled back to the US, but explain your situation whatever it was and why you had to travel back. Remember Canada has hotel quarantine now if coming via air and keep those restrictions in mind. Having said that, wait for their reply once you submit your travel plans to Canada and only go if they approve your appointment else you would need to do a quarantine unnecessarily. Or if you are ok to risk doing a quarantine then you can reply back once you're already in Canada. They ask you these details so they may schedule the date accordingly (if a 14 day quarantine applies to you)

dvp411

Feb 3, 2021
Be truthful about whatever you reply back, that's it. Ideally they take atleast 10 days to get back to you so you shouldn't have travelled back to the US, but explain your situation whatever it was and why you had to travel back. Remember Canada has hotel quarantine now if coming via air and keep those restrictions in mind. Having said that, wait for their reply once you submit your travel plans to Canada and only go if they approve your appointment else you would need to do a quarantine unnecessarily. Or if you are ok to risk doing a quarantine then you can reply back once you're already in Canada. They ask you these details so they may schedule the date accordingly (if a 14 day quarantine applies to you)
Yeah I wrote back explaining my situation. Got a reply next day that my request was rejected. No explanations or reasons given.

sandeep.vn119

Feb 2, 2021
Hello All,

I am in a similar situation and any suggestions are welcomed. I am a permanent resident in Canada and my wife is in US on H1-B. I have been trying to make an appointment form January and couple of my appointments which were scheduled in March were cancelled. As a final resort I have requested an expedited appointment at Ottawa.

I have received an email confirming my request is approved and I will receive an email shortly with an appointment date. It has been 10 days and I haven't received any appointment date yet. May I know what is the usual time they take to schedule an appointment after approving it?

Thanks,

gnarlsstarkly

Sep 2, 2021
Hello All,

I am in a similar situation and any suggestions are welcomed. I am a permanent resident in Canada and my wife is in US on H1-B. I have been trying to make an appointment form January and couple of my appointments which were scheduled in March were cancelled. As a final resort I have requested an expedited appointment at Ottawa.

I have received an email confirming my request is approved and I will receive an email shortly with an appointment date. It has been 10 days and I haven't received any appointment date yet. May I know what is the usual time they take to schedule an appointment after approving it?

Thanks,

Hi sandeep.vn119 - do you have any updates on this by any chance? I might be in the same situation as well.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hi sandeep.vn119 - do you have any updates on this by any chance? I might be in the same situation as well.
Hi Man,

Same here, just received an email saying that my request has been approved and I should wait for an other email shortly.

Did they end up emailing you for an appointment? I'll really appreciate this fr