+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Emergency Appointment Vancouver

cr7isthegoat

Dec 23, 2020
Hi All,

As you all are aware, US consulates have been cancelling H1B appointments everywhere in Canada for Jan and Feb at the moment. I had already rescheduled my appointment thrice because of the pandemic and presidential proclamation introduced in June 2020. My recent appointment that got cancelled was supposed to held on Jan 14th 2020.

I have been reading about emergency appointment and decided to try it. My reason was separation from spouse who is in the US. I have drafted 300 words document and sent to consular via emergency appointment option earlier this month. I requested them to honor my original appointment citing the aforementioned reason. They have accepted it and scheduled me for Dec 22nd. I have completed my interview successfully and I hope this experience of mine helps others on how to approach emergency appointment situations.

Thanks! All the very best!

cr7isthegoat

Dec 23, 2020
PS: I have a work permit in Canada and I have been living here since July 2019. I haven't travelled from the states to Canada explicitly for H1B stamping.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,

As you all are aware, US consulates have been cancelling H1B appointments everywhere in Canada for Jan and Feb at the moment. I had already rescheduled my appointment thrice because of the pandemic and presidential proclamation introduced in June 2020. My recent appointment that got cancelled was supposed to held on Jan 14th 2020.

I have been reading about emergency appointment and decided to try it. My reason was separation from spouse who is in the US. I have drafted 300 words document and sent to consular via emergency appointment option earlier this month. I requested them to honor my original appointment citing the aforementioned reason. They have accepted it and scheduled me for Dec 22nd. I have completed my interview successfully and I hope this experience of mine helps others on how to approach emergency appointment situations.

Thanks! All the very best!
Congratulations bud. Bdw while you were here on Workpermit, did you use AVR to travel to USA atleast once or you were here from July 2019?

cr7isthegoat

Dec 23, 2020
Congratulations. I have a similar case as yours. How much time did they took to respond to your EA requests. Thank you so much.
Day or two at the maximum. Be prepared to travel. I have requested it on Dec 10th and heard back from them on 11th. Requested Jan 14th and I was provided Dec 22nd as Interview slot

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
Day or two at the maximum. Be prepared to travel. I have requested it on Dec 10th and heard back from them on 11th. Requested Jan 14th and I was provided Dec 22nd as Interview slot
Thank you so much. Really Appreciate the quick reply.

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
Did you receive two emails ?

One stating that the request has been approved. You should receive a separate appointment confirmation email. If yes, what was the duration between them.?

Also, did they require you to provide airline tickets at the interview or any quarantine plan.

Greatly appreciate the response.

cr7isthegoat

Dec 23, 2020
Did you receive two emails ?

One stating that the request has been approved. You should receive a separate appointment confirmation email. If yes, what was the duration between them.?

Also, did they require you to provide airline tickets at the interview or any quarantine plan.

Greatly appreciate the response.
Yeah I received 2 emails indeed. No I wasn't asked to provide airline tickets or about my quarantine plan, although as noted I was living and working in Toronto at that time. They did verify my work permit to validate that.

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
Yeah I received 2 emails indeed. No I wasn't asked to provide airline tickets or about my quarantine plan, although as noted I was living and working in Toronto at that time. They did verify my work permit to validate that.
What was the time difference between both the emails. Thank you.

Tanu17

Jun 18, 2019
What was the time difference between both the emails. Thank you.
Thank you so much. I have not received the second email so I am worried. Did the expedite/emergency date provided show up in the AIS website ? Thank you so much