+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from Hong Kong office asking for documents

Apr 27, 2016
Hi guys,

I submitted the FC sponsorship for my wife to mississauga in mid-May. I received email in mid-July saying that sponsorship was passed and the immigration application was transferred to hong kong office since my wife is Chinese.

What is strange is that I received an email from Hong Kong yesterday asking for a bunch of document to be sent to them within 30 days. Nothing new, and I have copies of most of them but they are the same documents I submitted to mississauga in May. I just don't understand why Hong Kong didn't get them from the mississauga office?

Furthermore, my wife completed the medical exam in Jan. When I submitted the result in May, i told them that she is pregnant. Now the Hong Kong office is asking for medical exam again the list of documents, but obviously she can't go through a medical exam now that she is pregnant.

please help me figure this out. Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
first re-read the letter you received. if it's your acknowledgement of receipt from your visa office, then more than likely it is a generic letter that they added your information to, and they are not requesting the documents again - they are reminding you to send them IF you hadn't already. the best way to determine this is to look for words like "IF". "If you did not submit xy and z...".

feel free to cut and paste the letter here (excluding personal info) if you are not sure and we can offer better advice from that.

It is very common for AOR or SA letters to list items that people have already submitted. again, these are generic form letters sent to everyone. it may not actually be referring specifically to your application.

Apr 27, 2016
This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ If you have not yet undergone an immigration medical exam or your immigration medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days, you are required to undergo an Upfront Medical exam and include a copy of the Upfront Medical Report form (IMM 1017B) from your panel physician. For instructions on how to undergo an upfront medical exam, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp and review the section “Undergo your exam before you submit your application.” Medical instruction forms will not be sent to you.
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
¨ If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
¨ Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.
For the principal applicant:
¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

For all dependent children, whether accompanying or not:
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

For all dependent* children 19 and over, whether accompanying or not:

¨ Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR

¨ Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.
*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp

Please submit all the requested documents with a copy of this letter in a single package. If there are any documents you are unable to submit in your package, please include a detailed explanation.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:
Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong

Apr 27, 2016
you are right, upon taking a closer look, most of the documents says "IF you have not yet".

But, it also asked for Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration Form and Additional Family informational form.

If I do not have any update to it, should I still fill it out again and send it to them?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Since they are requesting updated forms, yes, you should fill them out again and send them in. Be sure that they are updated to include the time from when you submitted your application to now.

dorabell

Sep 14, 2015
I just got the same e-mail.
Wondering why they requested us to send the "updated" forms again as the ones I sent are already the most updated ones...
What did you send them at the end?