+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

jayagoyal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
i sent my application in 28th july, 2016 but it came back saying photo specification issues and i resend it and they received it and started processing again on 5th august,2016. There was no update after that and I called them. they said it is send for secondary review at hamilton office on 12 december, 2016. No documents requested no emails from them. What can I expect as some agent says maximum 1 year it takes some say 24 months. I am really worried. I applied for a job here too and cleared everything and in the end rejected because doesnt have valid PR card. can anyone guide me whats happening in my file. I have requested details for that 5 dollar thing also.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
jayagoyal said:
i sent my application in 28th july, 2016 but it came back saying photo specification issues and i resend it and they received it and started processing again on 5th august,2016. There was no update after that and I called them. they said it is send for secondary review at hamilton office on 12 december, 2016. No documents requested no emails from them. What can I expect as some agent says maximum 1 year it takes some say 24 months. I am really worried. I applied for a job here too and cleared everything and in the end rejected because doesnt have valid PR card. can anyone guide me whats happening in my file. I have requested details for that 5 dollar thing also.
Sad to hear that without PR card its difficult to get a job also. Normally they look for 2 kinds of identification .you could have shown your DL and passport . Even if the company saw PR card it should not matter since only card expires not the pr status. You are a Permanent resident until you renounce it or CIC throws you out of country. There may be some companies who are not particular about it . Best of luck

stephhhhh

Mar 2, 2013
Nikkon 5500, I call every other week... it really doesn't help much more... They always say the same things: it's just a matter of waiting.
How long is the question though... They don't understand that as permanent residents, our families are living overseas and we need that damn card to be free to visit them. It's just ridiculous the way they handle PR card renewals! :mad:

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
This question may not be suitable in this feed. I would like to know claiming unemployment benefit or any such benefit from Canadian government has any impact on getting Canadian Passport or Renew PR card?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
zizaheer said:
This question may not be suitable in this feed. I would like to know claiming unemployment benefit or any such benefit from Canadian government has any impact on getting Canadian Passport or Renew PR card?
No

Nikon5500

Mar 1, 2017
stephhhhh said:
Nikkon 5500, I call every other week... it really doesn't help much more... They always say the same things: it's just a matter of waiting.
How long is the question though... They don't understand that as permanent residents, our families are living overseas and we need that damn card to be free to visit them. It's just ridiculous the way they handle PR card renewals! :mad:
I know exactly what you feel, I have not seen my family in over 3 years now all for the PR and now this is just becoming ridiculous...

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
stephhhhh said:
Calling does help in getting updated status which is not updated on ecs. I called yesterday and was told that my PR card is sent to edmonton office for collection but website does not mention anything. I am now going to edmonton CIC office on 13th to pickup.

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
And once again I'm unfortunately back here :'(

It seems my card has been lost by Canada Post. I'm outside Canada and I gave my friend's place address so CIC could delivery my card inside the country. I asked him to send it to another friend (who is coming within 3 days to Brazil) from Montreal to Mascouche but it turned out the card was never delivered. Will I need to apply again for a new card? Is there a possibility IRCC requires secondary review again?

Thanks.

jayagoyal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
After secondary review, they send PR by mail at home or we need to go for pickup??
My secondary review started on 12th of December,2016. Is there anyone who has same timeline?what is your progress and what is status of your ecas?

jayagoyal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
asif007 said:
Calling does help in getting updated status which is not updated on ecs. I called yesterday and was told that my PR card is sent to edmonton office for collection but website does not mention anything. I am now going to edmonton CIC office on 13th to pickup.
do they tell you over phone to go and pickup from edmonton?? can you tell me why was your sent for secondary review?

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
jayagoyal said:
do they tell you over phone to go and pickup from edmonton?? can you tell me why was your sent for secondary review?
No idea why mine was sent for secondary review. I called to change my address since I had moved and they told me that a letter has been sent to my old address for me to go to edmonton and pick up my card. Then they arranged for me to go and pick up without the letter.

jayagoyal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
asif007 said:
No idea why mine was sent for secondary review. I called to change my address since I had moved and they told me that a letter has been sent to my old address for me to go to edmonton and pick up my card. Then they arranged for me to go and pick up without the letter.
have you received ur PR?

jayagoyal

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
pr card is sent for secondary review in december 2016, i ordered case specific details whoch i received today it shows in comments at bottom that
"case received at Hamilton IRcc for GOA PRD TRIAGE PHASE 2".
can anyone tell me what does it mean and how much time it takes..

thanks