Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
error 34 said:
I JUST CAME TO KNOW THAT MY URGENT REQUEST WAS APPROVED BUT THERE IS PRINTING ERROR ANY BODY HELP ME WHAT ITIS.
Please do not type in CAPS.

They basically printed your card wrong.

RW

Jul 20, 2013
saman_ra said:
Hi Paul,

I received the similar letter for "secondary review".
Do you have any update about the status of your file?
I contacted CIC but it seems there is no information available on the file
Hi saman_ra,
Can you please tell me what documents you initially submitted along with your PR renewal application?Also when an application goes for secondary review does the CIC ask you to submit any other documents like entry/exit records from airports outside Canada?
Thank you

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
error 34 said:
How much more time will they take to rectify this issue.
I don't know but can't see it being more than a couple of days if they are just correcting what the typed onto the card

Xubi921

Sep 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share my story with you guys. My old card expired on April 24, 2016 and I submitted an application to renew my PR card on June 23rd 2016 after collecting 863 days of physical presence in Canada. On August 4th I received an email from CIC that they started processing my application and exactly 5 weeks later received another email that my application was sent for secondary review. After checking this forum and knowing that secondary review can take 12 months or more to be finished I decided to withdrew my application on October 23rd 2016. Unfortunately it took the CIC until Feb 3, 2017 to withdrew my application and close my file and I wasn't able to submit a new application till that time.
On Feb 16, 2017 I reapplied again to renew my card, where they started processing my file on March 3, 2017 and I got approved on March 11 and received my card on March 22nd, 2017.

I hope this can help some of you guys and also give hope that you will all have you cases processed and finalised soon or later.

Bests,

M.

Reactions: bpjeee

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xubi921 said:
I hope this can help some of you guys and also give hope that you will all have you cases processed and finalised soon or later.

Bests,

M.
You earn a +1 from Me!

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
error 34 said:
How much more time will they take to rectify this issue.
Hi error34,

I had the same problem. My card was printed on Jan 18th, 2017, but my name had been miswritten (They printed Matheos but it is Matheus). It took 2 months exactly to have the card printed again. They sent the new card for me March, 20th...

Maybe for you it will not take this long.

Matheus

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
Processing of applications for which secondary review letter was sent in Jan 2017 has started. I received my daughters PR card today for which timeline is as below.

Application received Dec 21, 2016
Secondary review lettrr sent. Jan 12, 2017
PR card received. Mar 31, 2017

I have still not received any update on my application for which secondary review started in Dec 2016.

Bondy

Mar 7, 2017
asif007 said:
Processing of applications for which secondary review letter was sent in Jan 2017 has started. I received my daughters PR card today for which timeline is as below.

Application received Dec 21, 2016
Secondary review lettrr sent. Jan 12, 2017
PR card received. Mar 31, 2017

I have still not received any update on my application for which secondary review started in Dec 2016.
Hi asif 007

So your daughters pr card mail to you?or she must pick up
Thank you

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
Bondy said:
Hi asif 007

So your daughters pr card mail to you?or she must pick up
Thank you
PR card was mailed and I received yesterday in my mail box. Other family members who applied together are still waiting.

stephhhhh

Mar 2, 2013
Hello,

I applied for my pr card renewal in July 2016, they started to work on my file in August 2016. At the beginning of November I received a letter saying my file was sent for a secondary review.

I did just over my days when my renewed.

I called regularly since November and no news. Last week, they told me it's been sent to another office again for further review. Today the agent told me it's still under process and the file is in Sydney. Should I be positive at this stage? I'm loosing hope at this point and I've got to go back to visit my family in Europe soon. Frustrating...

When a file is sent to Sydney for further review is it the final stage?

Thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephhhhh , request your CAIPS.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
It still could take a month to get it but you either get you card by that time or at least get some info what holds your process back

Nikon5500

Mar 1, 2017
stephhhhh said:
Hello,

I applied for my pr card renewal in July 2016, they started to work on my file in August 2016. At the beginning of November I received a letter saying my file was sent for a secondary review.

I did just over my days when my renewed.

I called regularly since November and no news. Last week, they told me it's been sent to another office again for further review. Today the agent told me it's still under process and the file is in Sydney. Should I be positive at this stage? I'm loosing hope at this point and I've got to go back to visit my family in Europe soon. Frustrating...

When a file is sent to Sydney for further review is it the final stage?

Thanks

On the same boat as Stephhh, my record:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 6, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 15, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on September 9, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Still "In-Process", any tips on what I should do? Does calling them help?