+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
newcanuck1234 said:
Hi Mrmr, many congratulations! I wanted to ask you something...I am assuming that the correspondence you got in June 2016 was the RQ. What letter did they send you in January 2017? Was it asking for some information other than what you provided in the RQ? Thanks and congrats again!
Yes it was a RQ ;)
that letter sent on January 2017 I haven't seen till now :D but I have seen my cards.
But thanks God I got my cards, I wanted to share the positive energy in the post and give my fellow members some hope:)

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Mrmr said:
Great News! :D :D
I called CIC call center to check my renewal process and they said they sent the card on Feb27
Today I received the cards for all my family members.

20 month! very hectic and frustrating process.
Congrats! Thanks for sharing the good news. I am stuck in SR since Jan. 2016. It has been 18 months since I mailed my application. I wish and hope that my endless wait finishes.

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Congrats Mrmr! So happy for you

I am still waiting for my card since I applied in Nov 2015 but got secondary review in March 2016...still waiting!

ohalawani

Oct 22, 2016
MatQue said:
Here's the updated list ordered by secondary review referral date.

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Jan 2016: Osama912✔, bahaar*, harshalp✔, KITJ, quari_gupta08✔
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27✔, peace65✔, jnasarat, brent16✔, ALGHope✔, mmha✔ harry2015✔, MagedYousef
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980✔
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321✔, marieh123✔
Jun 2016: Chuc✔, torhout13*✔, Blueboy1980✔
Jul 2016: Loulita✔, Kissyred*✔, Dribble✔
Aug2016: shu0322✔, BetSu*, Cameron2020,
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga✔, vkjaintoronto✔
Oct. 2016: Penguin23, Happy123456789, Ramkris*, ohalawani, *_GAK_*
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil, jaycue, elie72✔
Dec 2016: Asif007, ibry✔
Jan 2017: error 34

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved
You can check my name.. I got my card Feb 27.

suniljoseph12061977

Nov 9, 2014
I would like to seek suggestions and advise from seniors in this forum regarding the following situation.

My parents are now in India. They stayed in Canada as PR from 29th August 2009 to 7th December 2010 for 465 days. Then from 18th Feb 2012 to 23rd Nov 2012 for 279 days. Their PR cards have now expired. If they now apply for a PRTD, the options that they have from what I understand reading the various posts in this forum are as follows:

1. Apply for PRTD on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds

2. If it gets rejected, go for appeal.

3. If the appeal also gets rejected, start the process of sponsorship again.(I have Canadian citizenship.)

Please advise whether I am missing any other options here.

Thanks in advance.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
suniljoseph12061977 said:
I would like to seek suggestions and advise from seniors in this forum regarding the following situation.

My parents are now in India. They stayed in Canada as PR from 29th August 2009 to 7th December 2010 for 465 days. Then from 18th Feb 2012 to 23rd Nov 2012 for 279 days. Their PR cards have now expired. If they now apply for a PRTD, the options that they have from what I understand reading the various posts in this forum are as follows:

1. Apply for PRTD on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds

2. If it gets rejected, go for appeal.

3. If the appeal also gets rejected, start the process of sponsorship again.(I have Canadian citizenship.)

Please advise whether I am missing any other options here.

Thanks in advance.
PRTD will not be considered on Humanitarian or Compassionate grounds unless there are strong proofs of that like a critical illness, being prosecuted in India for being a minority, having threat on their lives, or have not had contact with them for years or any such critical cause. And even if you can list any such cause, you need to provide proof on it that is verifiable by the government. For example if critical illness is the cause you will need to show medical reports, if prosecution of any kind you need to provide proofs that come from local media and such showing that. If you can't prove such critical matters, the application will not be considered on humanitarian or compassionate basis and will be rejected. It will also prompt the authorities to look further into the case of your parents and revoke their immigration status.

For people who have not been living in Canada, the IRCC will not leave any rock unturned until they prove whether you can prove the need to be living out of the country regardless of the ties they have to you.
This is a critical situation. If you apply for a PRTD and it is rejected, IRCC will investigate further, will find out that your parents were not living in Canada for a long time and will revoke their status which will make it quite impossible for you to sponsor them again.

vkjaintoronto

Aug 1, 2012
MatQue said:
Gonna do it right now my friend :D :D :D

Thank you Matque, best of luck for you, and all Sept-Oct 2016 Applicants,

GOODNEWS I finally got my PR Card after SR in Sept 2016 and waiting 5 Months and overall 7 Months!! I am Relieved and know the stress as i surfed this forum thrice/day and now donot do so ......:) :) but still come here to see all of you how they doing.....

peardroppop

Apr 24, 2015
Hi all

Good news!
After 4months and 1 week of waiting I decided to phone up CIC today to see the status of my PR card Renewal before sending a new application in marking it as urgent. I thought I would call first and they told me my card has gone into production. I could not believe it.

Here is my timeline:
- Applied at the end of October 2016 for PR card Renewal
- Received correspondence from them on Nov 14 2016 that PR card has gone into Secondary Review and additional delays will occur.
- They did NOT ask for any additional documents.
- I have been waiting since Nov 14th 2016 patiently and decided to call them today and CIC call centre told me it had been finalized and that the card has gone into production. They did not tell me how long it takes from production to mail out. But said there was NO need now to send a new application marked for urgent processing requirements as it would just be sent back to you.
- During this time I have not been able to view my case at all on ECAS this whole time. But I am so glad the wait time is over.

I want to say thank you to this forum for helping me through this whole period if it was not for reading all the comments in the forum I think I would have been extremely stressed out. It made it easy that people could relate to the situation and hearing their experiences. Judging from the fact that I am getting mine and all the other people that have applied in 2016 seem to be receiving theirs, I believe they are making the process quicker. I wish everyone luck and hope they all get there pr cards asap it's a terrible wait and feel very sorry for people who have waited 20 months etc to receive theres.

Thank you Peardroppop

Please update me on the list that I will be receiving mine. Thanks again :)

CA PR SEEKER

Nov 9, 2012
i sent application on Feb 10 th and received by CIC on Feb14th , still no update, when can i Expect something? please help me , I am so tensed thanks and regards

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
CA PR SEEKER said:
i sent application on Feb 10 th and received by CIC on Feb14th , still no update, when can i Expect something? please help me , I am so tensed thanks and regards
It has been less than a month..just be patient, don't panic. There is nothing you can do. Read through the threads on here and see other peoples experiences..

What's the rush anyway? You have to go somewhere?

CA PR SEEKER

Nov 9, 2012
No My story is different, I got PR in 2014 and became landed PR in the same month and came back to USA after 4 days, after that never been to Canada, due to some problems again I can back to Canada on Feb9th 2017 as I have 762 days by 9th feb 2017, Border officer said you hardly have 32 days extra and please keep that always in mind to retain your PR later, so applied for PR card on Feb 10th 2017 and the application was received by CIC on Feb 14th 2017, so tensed what are they going to do? any idea ? please guide me seniors what should I expect ?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
So how many days did you spend in Canada in total? Why do you have to renew your card since you only landed in 2014. Is it not valid for 5 years?

hukof10th

Mar 7, 2017
Hi all,

Yesterday, I received my card by mail, totally out of surprise. On last Friday, there wasn't anything on CIC website, so please never give up.

To brief myself, I got PR on April 30th, 2011, and card expired somewhere after June, 20th, 2016. I landed in Vancouver, but I reside in Montreal region. I am a family immigrant and my mother sponsored me.

my timeline is following:

July 3rd, 2016 mailed the application, with cover letter(with honest and detailed explanation of my situation), notarized full photo copy of passport, notarized driver's license, notarized notices of assessment from 2 years, letter from my employer, university transcript in English, application form, nothing else.(note here: DON'T TRY TO SAVE MONEY FROM THIS)
6th PRC received my application
August 12th 2016 they started to process
Sep 21st 2016 SR email received
absolutely nothing and whatsoever since then
March 6th 2017 I received my card by mail.

My situation actually worried me a lot. When I received my PR status, I was at my undergrad, at the end of freshman. so I still had 3 years and more to go. I received my diploma on July 1nd 2014, and then I landed in Canada on July 2nd in a dash, then landed a job on August 11th. Since then, I've never left the country and applied for renewal on the date previously mentioned. With some extra 10+ days that I spent in Canada prio to that, I spent more than 1000 days outside of Canada, which means I merely met the RO(probably 740+ days). I didn't know there was a thing called SR so that's why I applied at the deadline, and also I worried that an expired PR card might give me trouble. Actually it did give me trouble. I actually was applying for universities for master's study. Some universities asked for a valid PR card photocopy and I had to spend time on arguing and educating, but that's over since I've received offer anyways.

But things didn't look this well back then. So after SR letter received, I sent 2 physical letters to Sydney to inquiry my status and ask for response(politely), a number of phone calls to IRCC, and one ATIP request. Besides my pressure at work, I had to worry about a number of more things at the same time: whether school would deny my application without a valid PR card? how's my grandfather doing with his stroke early last year? Was my smoker grandmother's lung issue getting better? How could I meet my friends at my undergrad school who were about to finish their masters' in this late June? etc. You can totally imagine how much I was depressed and depressed.

But it's over. I officially have the (temporary) freedom again.

Given my experience and tight application, I am pretty sure you guys will be fine, as long as RO is met. Feel free to ask me question if anything is unclear.

Cheers,

hukof10th

Mar 7, 2017
hukof10th said:
Hi all,

Yesterday, I received my card by mail, totally out of surprise. On last Friday, there wasn't anything on CIC website, so please never give up.

To brief myself, I got PR on April 30th, 2011, and card expired somewhere after June, 20th, 2016. I landed in Vancouver, but I reside in Montreal region. I am a family immigrant and my mother sponsored me.

my timeline is following:

July 3rd, 2016 mailed the application, with cover letter(with honest and detailed explanation of my situation), notarized full photo copy of passport, notarized driver's license, notarized notices of assessment from 2 years, letter from my employer, university transcript in English, application form, nothing else.(note here: DON'T TRY TO SAVE MONEY FROM THIS)
6th PRC received my application
August 12th 2016 they started to process
Sep 21st 2016 SR email received
absolutely nothing and whatsoever since then
March 6th 2017 I received my card by mail.

My situation actually worried me a lot. When I received my PR status, I was at my undergrad, at the end of freshman. so I still had 3 years and more to go. I received my diploma on July 1nd 2014, and then I landed in Canada on July 2nd in a dash, then landed a job on August 11th. Since then, I've never left the country and applied for renewal on the date previously mentioned. With some extra 10+ days that I spent in Canada prio to that, I spent more than 1000 days outside of Canada, which means I merely met the RO(probably 740+ days). I didn't know there was a thing called SR so that's why I applied at the deadline, and also I worried that an expired PR card might give me trouble. Actually it did give me trouble. I actually was applying for universities for master's study. Some universities asked for a valid PR card photocopy and I had to spend time on arguing and educating, but that's over since I've received offer anyways.

But things didn't look this well back then. So after SR letter received, I sent 2 physical letters to Sydney to inquiry my status and ask for response(politely), a number of phone calls to IRCC, and one ATIP request. Besides my pressure at work, I had to worry about a number of more things at the same time: whether school would deny my application without a valid PR card? how's my grandfather doing with his stroke early last year? Was my smoker grandmother's lung issue getting better? How could I meet my friends at my undergrad school who were about to finish their masters' in this late June? etc. You can totally imagine how much I was depressed and depressed.

But it's over. I officially have the (temporary) freedom again.

Given my experience and tight application, I am pretty sure you guys will be fine, as long as RO is met. Feel free to ask me question if anything is unclear.

Cheers,
Missed on item. I also sent notarized or card photocopy.