+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

hukof10th

Mar 7, 2017
CA PR SEEKER said:
I never received my first card yet, I spend so far 41 days in Canada , I became PR on March 9th 2014
Unfortunately pal, your application will be most likely rejected and you just wasted 100 bucks.

Bondy

Mar 7, 2017
Hi guys
Cic got my application on 31 okt 2016
Start proses 22 nov 2016
And I call cic on 15 feb 2017 ,they said they send me email dan mail on 28 nov 2016, that I didn't get it
And on 24 feb 2017 I got email that my application go to second review.
Do somebody know, my second review start on nov 28 or 24bfeb 2017
Thank you

Bondy

Mar 7, 2017
Bondy said:
Hi guys
Cic got my application on 31 okt 2016
Start proses 22 nov 2016
And I call cic on 15 feb 2017 ,they said they send me email dan mail on 28 nov 2016, that I didn't get it. And cic will send a mail and email again
And on 24 feb 2017 I got email that my application go to second review.
Do somebody know, my second review start on nov 28 or 24bfeb 2017
I mean did cic send a same letter on 28 nov 2016 that I didn't get that mail with they send on 24 feb 2014
Thank you

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Whether it is the 24th or the 28th does not make any difference. You would need to count at least 4 months (and sometimes more than 15) from teh date you receive the letter to be through secondary review.
My card went to secondary review and it took CIC 7 months for them to get through it. Some people on thsi thread have been waiting for more than a year now, so when they actually started their review will have no change at all on your application

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Looks like process has speed up.

Thanks to petition and continuous calling of MPs and Immigration minister.

My card is in production.
Sec Rev email Sep 2016
Card approved March 2017

Secondary review candidates have higher chance of RQs in Citizenship stage. So, call your MPs and Minister now to appoint more Citizenship judges and speed process for RQ application.

Thanks to all, especially AJK for kicking off the petition.

nhj3838

Mar 9, 2017
hukof10th said:
Hi all,

Yesterday, I received my card by mail, totally out of surprise. On last Friday, there wasn't anything on CIC website, so please never give up.

To brief myself, I got PR on April 30th, 2011, and card expired somewhere after June, 20th, 2016. I landed in Vancouver, but I reside in Montreal region. I am a family immigrant and my mother sponsored me.

my timeline is following:

July 3rd, 2016 mailed the application, with cover letter(with honest and detailed explanation of my situation), notarized full photo copy of passport, notarized driver's license, notarized notices of assessment from 2 years, letter from my employer, university transcript in English, application form, nothing else.(note here: DON'T TRY TO SAVE MONEY FROM THIS)
6th PRC received my application
August 12th 2016 they started to process
Sep 21st 2016 SR email received
absolutely nothing and whatsoever since then
March 6th 2017 I received my card by mail.

My situation actually worried me a lot. When I received my PR status, I was at my undergrad, at the end of freshman. so I still had 3 years and more to go. I received my diploma on July 1nd 2014, and then I landed in Canada on July 2nd in a dash, then landed a job on August 11th. Since then, I've never left the country and applied for renewal on the date previously mentioned. With some extra 10+ days that I spent in Canada prio to that, I spent more than 1000 days outside of Canada, which means I merely met the RO(probably 740+ days). I didn't know there was a thing called SR so that's why I applied at the deadline, and also I worried that an expired PR card might give me trouble. Actually it did give me trouble. I actually was applying for universities for master's study. Some universities asked for a valid PR card photocopy and I had to spend time on arguing and educating, but that's over since I've received offer anyways.

But things didn't look this well back then. So after SR letter received, I sent 2 physical letters to Sydney to inquiry my status and ask for response(politely), a number of phone calls to IRCC, and one ATIP request. Besides my pressure at work, I had to worry about a number of more things at the same time: whether school would deny my application without a valid PR card? how's my grandfather doing with his stroke early last year? Was my smoker grandmother's lung issue getting better? How could I meet my friends at my undergrad school who were about to finish their masters' in this late June? etc. You can totally imagine how much I was depressed and depressed.

But it's over. I officially have the (temporary) freedom again.

Given my experience and tight application, I am pretty sure you guys will be fine, as long as RO is met. Feel free to ask me question if anything is unclear.

Cheers,
Congratulations!! I guess you will have another 5yrs when you renew your PR. Then expiration date on your new pr card, from which date is it for 5yrs?? from the date you applied new pr on July 3,2016? what is your expiration date on your new PR? thx

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
nhj3838 said:
Congratulations!! I guess you will have another 5yrs when you renew your PR. Then expiration date on your new pr card, from which date is it for 5yrs?? from the date you applied new pr on July 3,2016? what is your expiration date on your new PR? thx
Why renew again? Just become a citizen, problem solved.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Hi - I have a question that I have asked in other groups but interested to get people's opinion on in here since you have all been very supportive throughout my wait :

If you are eligible to apply for citizenship now, would you wait till C-6 passes or do you go ahead and submit your application?

Cheers,

newcanuck1234

Dec 17, 2016
Hi Saga...interesting question...if I was in your shoes, my preference would be to apply right away, especially if one has 4 out of 6 years under their belt and they do not plan to be in breach of the intent to reside clause till C6 comes into force. My feeling is that as soon as C6 is implemented, there will be a surge in applications leading to processing delays. It would be better to be ahead of that process. From what I hear, citizenship applications are being processed pretty quickly these days so better take advantage of that...plus C6 may take a few months to be implemented, why waste that time.

hukof10th

Mar 7, 2017
nhj3838 said:
the day it got printed. in my case, is feb 22nd.

Bondy

Mar 7, 2017
Saga said:
Whether it is the 24th or the 28th does not make any difference. You would need to count at least 4 months (and sometimes more than 15) from teh date you receive the letter to be through secondary review.
My card went to secondary review and it took CIC 7 months for them to get through it. Some people on thsi thread have been waiting for more than a year now, so when they actually started their review will have no change at all on your application
Thanks saga
I asked this matter ,because I want to calculate when I can get my or card
Tx

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
Greetings, my PR card application status

Application Submitted in March 2016
May 2016 - CIC requested to resubmitted application with correct date of application submission & sign
May 2016 - Resent the application with correction applied
June 2016 - CIC requested to fill up residency questionaire indicating days i spent in and out of country in details and send it to Hamilton Office

Send web inquiry to know status and received following in email

"File at local office – Delay

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident card urgently. We have verified your file and noticed that it was referred to the local office for further assessment, causing a delay in the processing of your application. Currently, your file is still in process and there is no maximum time frame to finalize an application. However, in these cases, there is no urgent processing."

Please advise what to expect.

Thanks

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
khanwaja said:
Greetings, my PR card application status

Application Submitted in March 2016
May 2016 - CIC requested to resubmitted application with correct date of application submission & sign
May 2016 - Resent the application with correction applied
June 2016 - CIC requested to fill up residency questionaire indicating days i spent in and out of country in details and send it to Hamilton Office

Send web inquiry to know status and received following in email

"File at local office – Delay

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident card urgently. We have verified your file and noticed that it was referred to the local office for further assessment, causing a delay in the processing of your application. Currently, your file is still in process and there is no maximum time frame to finalize an application. However, in these cases, there is no urgent processing."

Please advise what to expect.

Thanks
When did you receive the last message? Based on what grounds did you require urgent processing? I sent my file to Montreal office in March 2016, received secondary review notice in May 2016 and no news after that... Nothing at all!!! :'(

hukof10th

Mar 7, 2017
how does your ATIP go? I also requested one at the end of Jan and received reply at the end of Feb. you might get something there(though I didn't discover something useful in mine).

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
There is an update in my case . PR card has been approved and file has been transferred to Sydney for production