+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

brent16

Feb 17, 2016
Hi.

I still haven't recieved my PR card. I checked last thursday Dec 08, 2016 it says still on process. It's been over a year now or shall I say 13 months over. Just today, I could no longer view my status online eventhough I inout correctly all the required data on ecas. Now I'm worried.

Brenttristan

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
brent16 said:
Hi.

I still haven't recieved my PR card. I checked last thursday Dec 08, 2016 it says still on process. It's been over a year now or shall I say 13 months over. Just today, I could no longer view my status online eventhough I inout correctly all the required data on ecas. Now I'm worried.

Brenttristan
Neither have I recieved it. Its been over 16 months for me. 13 is not suprising lol.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
brent16 said:
Hi.

Brenttristan
I applaud. You got worried pretty late. :)

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
quasar81 said:
I applaud. You got worried pretty late. :)
Does cic send an email that the card is mailed if the status cant be checked online? did this happen to the people that got their card on here?

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
rbrar14 said:
Does cic send an email that the card is mailed if the status cant be checked online? did this happen to the people that got their card on here?
I got my cards before 3 days, without any letter or any e mail from CIC

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
rbrar14 said:
I got my card in the mail without any email or eCAS update. The eCAS update happened 2 days after I got the card in the mail.

Good Luck!

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Oh I see, thanks for your input guys. Well, I cant seem to check online what my status is. I did send them a case specific inquiry about it. I am assuming it will just be a generic reply from them. Haha

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Osama912 said:
Hi Guys
After 16 months I got my and my family PRS today, but I paid a very expensive cost as my father passed away in October 2016 while I am waiting.
Shame on them to do this with the people who are supposed to be in the same condition as Canadian citizens!

bob27

Dec 12, 2016
Any one from this group able to check their online status from 8th DEC 2016, I am unable to see my status?

My time lines are

Application received by Imm. Canada on 1st DEC 2015.
Started processing 1st Mar 2016.
Secondary review mail on 11th Mar 2016.

Since then no progress.

Chuc

Nov 22, 2016
hi,
i red all the comments and posts. below is the ecas stat :

We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 14, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 13, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 14, 2016.

as you can see nothing is mentionnned about second reviewer , but the letter received they state it .
the current post intention is to share the time line with you.

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
When I logged in today, the eCAS shows less info than before.. strange.. It used to show 4 lines, now it's only showing 1 line:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 5, 2015.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
If the pr renewal has gone in SR, they ask for more info second time about RO but u cant send it because ur out of canada. They make a decision based on whatever info they have ALREADY if resulting in loss of residence, can a person still apply for pr? What would the options be for a person out of canada who is a pr? Please someone provide a specific answer to this.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
I meant, can a person still apply for pr renewal? Will the appeal be only option? How to proceed with that if the person is out of canada due to humanitarian case