+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Just got off the phone with IRCC call centre, and as usual they are useless and rude. They keep repeating the same sentence :" your application is under review and there is no time limit"... whatever you ask them, they respond with the same sentence... they are not empathetic to our situations and they simply do not care if you have been waiting for 16 months and that you will miss your planned trip!!! So rude!!.. To be fair, only once I had a good experience where the guy tried to give me as much information as he could. But the rest were terrible! She said that this wait is normal!!! How on earth is it normal that files are shelved as "under review" for 12 months and just after then they ask for additional documents!!!

They should replace these agents with machines because they simply act like ones!!! I am venting off here , but I cannot understand how we are treated this way in Canada... I have been to many 3rd world countries and believe me, the service was better... it seems that if you are not yet a citizen, you will not be treated with respect from IRCC.

And te wait continues... good luck guys

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
bahaar said:
Hi Everyone,

I was following this tread for almost 2 years now! And I need immediate help now. Finally, after 13 months in secondary review, my file moved and someone from CIC emailed me. As happy as I am that finally someone is looking into my application there is a down side. They are requesting ‘Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled. (Specifically UAE and Kuwait)'. I emailed a friend in Kuwait to see if he can get such information from there. But I don’t know how to proceed with other countries. I traveled once to Dubai on 2011 and obtained the visa through the Airline. I need help from whoever gone through this and now how to obtain it from different countries.

Would appreciate your response
Record of movement from middle east countries are very difficult to get unless someone from their can follow on your behalf.

CIC asked record of movement from Qatar for my wife citizenship application and she wrote a covering letter saying she cannot provide this because she doesn't have any friend or relative in Qatar to follow this request on her behalf and such countries have no system to send any requested document by mail or email.

Singh60

Oct 2, 2016
tonymiz said:
Just got off the phone with IRCC call centre, and as usual they are useless and rude. They keep repeating the same sentence :" your application is under review and there is no time limit"... whatever you ask them, they respond with the same sentence... they are not empathetic to our situations and they simply do not care if you have been waiting for 16 months and that you will miss your planned trip!!! So rude!!.. To be fair, only once I had a good experience where the guy tried to give me as much information as he could. But the rest were terrible! She said that this wait is normal!!! How on earth is it normal that files are shelved as "under review" for 12 months and just after then they ask for additional documents!!!

They should replace these agents with machines because they simply act like ones!!! I am venting off here , but I cannot understand how we are treated this way in Canada... I have been to many 3rd world countries and believe me, the service was better... it seems that if you are not yet a citizen, you will not be treated with respect from IRCC.

And te wait continues... good luck guys
Secondary review means we lost all rights as a human?

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
bahaar said:
Hi Everyone,

I was following this tread for almost 2 years now! And I need immediate help now. Finally, after 13 months in secondary review, my file moved and someone from CIC emailed me. As happy as I am that finally someone is looking into my application there is a down side. They are requesting ‘Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled. (Specifically UAE and Kuwait)'. I emailed a friend in Kuwait to see if he can get such information from there. But I don’t know how to proceed with other countries. I traveled once to Dubai on 2011 and obtained the visa through the Airline. I need help from whoever gone through this and now how to obtain it from different countries.

Would appreciate your response
Hi bahaar,

didn't you have passport stamps from those countries? why would they ask for the entry/exit to be issued by those countries? Did you work in Dubai even?

Good Luck!

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
As long as you provide a clear colour photo copy of all the pages of the passport with in/out stamps and the dates in your application tallies, I dont think there should be a problem. I dont think any of the GCC countries issue any report as far as I know.Alternatively you can provide the reference page numbers to correspond with your entry and for exit you will be having the arrival stamp of the country where you went.That's the proof.

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
Hi,
Most of us in this PR secondary review forum, are those whose applications has passed the normal processing time.
My time line is as follows;
Submitted PR renewal application on 30th April,2015
Received correspondence on 27th August,2015
Your file has been referred for secondary review
Now its 17 months of indefinite wait time with no corresepondence from the authorities. :(
Been in Canada continiously since June,2012 and I have fulfilled more than the residency requirement. Prior to this date I had travelled to Middle east countries. It looks like its a crime travelling to the Middle east, thats why we are all being punished.

Need to go on a short trip for 10 days, but cant wait for 4 weeks to obtain the PTRD.This is causing so much of inconvenience to everybody in this SR forum.
Immigration system needs a complete overhaul.

Are there anyone else who has submitted earlier than this date and still waiting?

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
@Tonymiz- The problem is that my passport has to many stamps. I travelled a lot before I settle in Canada. Officer note is that many stamps are covering another and he needs help with them.

@Decent guy- I have provided a clear colour copy of all pages of my passport when I submitted my application.

@heeradeepak- I guess I am going to do exactly as you suggested. I will write them a comprehensive letter explaining my entry/exits stamp

Thank you all

Fighting Falcon

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 03/09/2013
Hi,

I wanted to clarify one thing as this forum looks very appropriate for the question. To meet residency obligation for the renewal of PR card; requirement of 730 days out of 5 years takes into account the first time landing date as reference for calculation or the application date i.e. 5 years from the application date? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Note: PR expiry date is not in June (the month I landed) but in Nov!

Regards

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Fighting Falcon said:
Hi,

I wanted to clarify one thing as this forum looks very appropriate for the question. To meet residency obligation for the renewal of PR card; requirement of 730 days out of 5 years takes into account the first time landing date as reference for calculation or the application date i.e. 5 years from the application date? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Note: PR expiry date is not in June (the month I landed) but in Nov!

Regards
five years back from date of application signed date.PR always 2 r 3 months later of landing month

Fighting Falcon

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 03/09/2013
Thanks for the reply.

So, the first landing date is not considered in calculation basically?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Fighting Falcon said:
Thanks for the reply.

So, the first landing date is not considered in calculation basically?
If you are applying before the expiry of current PR card it may come.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
I received my ATIP report and my file has not been touched since Nov 2015, it is showing that my PRD assessment has not started yet, and It is still assigned to RC-9514 , which is an office and not a person. I do not understand why IRCC decided to shelf out applications, but it seems I will miss my travel plans..

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
tonymiz said:
I received my ATIP report and my file has not been touched since Nov 2015, it is showing that my PRD assessment has not started yet, and It is still assigned to RC-9514 , which is an office and not a person. I do not understand why IRCC decided to shelf out applications, but it seems I will miss my travel plans..
I also received my ATIP and my file is also assigned to RC-9514.. What is the due date on your ATIP? Mine shows 2017/02/13 17:00:00 so it seems to be around a year after they started looking at my application.

It is mind boggling to think that your file has not been touched since Nov 2015.. Hopefully it will be processed before the due date (which I surmise to be a year after they started looking at your application too)..

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
kwtangerine said:
I also received my ATIP and my file is also assigned to RC-9514.. What is the due date on your ATIP? Mine shows 2017/02/13 17:00:00 so it seems to be around a year after they started looking at my application.

It is mind boggling to think that your file has not been touched since Nov 2015.. Hopefully it will be processed before the due date (which I surmise to be a year after they started looking at your application too)..
Hi guys...no intention to disappoint you further, but due date on my ATIP was in July this year...nothing happened, nothing changed on or after this due date...And yes, file is assigned to RC-9514 and PRD "not started" for 18 months now.
It looks like this "RC-9514" is just an empty office space where files are being moved to but never being looked into after that. All our emails, letters and petitions are moved to the same empty office with the same effect.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
kwtangerine said:

The due date is automatically set to a year after secondary review, but I know many people who waited much longer.. In short, there is nothing that we can do!!