+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Frank_vt1

Aug 5, 2016
Hi, Did anybody asked to personally pick up the card from office or they always send it by mail.
My dad wants to go back to home country and will stay there until card arrives. PR is expired and in secondary review.TD is not an option since there is no Canadian embassy there. If they mail it to my home I can send it to him to return to Canada.
I appreciate your reply.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Frank_vt1 said:
Hi, Did anybody asked to personally pick up the card from office or they always send it by mail.
My dad wants to go back to home country and will stay there until card arrives. PR is expired and in secondary review.TD is not an option since there is no Canadian embassy there. If they mail it to my home I can send it to him to return to Canada.
I appreciate your reply.
He could be asked to come to pick up in person, which could be a problem if he is not able to obtain TD.
Also, please make sure he meets PR obligations at all times when he is abroad.

ezlib

Jul 20, 2015
Dear Friends

So yesterday I received my PR card in the mail. To all of you that is still waiting - hang in there!

Good luck

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
ezlib said:
Dear Friends

So yesterday I received my PR card in the mail. To all of you that is still waiting - hang in there!

Good luck

Congratulations!!

What was your timeline?

ezlib

Jul 20, 2015
Dear Friends
My timeline:

Application received: 2 April 2015
Started processing: 3 June 2015
Sent email on 3 June - secondary review
No other documents requested
Card was mailed 29/07/2016
Ecas showed complete 04/08/2016
Card in the mail: 05/08/2016

Good luck

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
ezlib said:
Dear Friends
My timeline:

Application received: 2 April 2015
Started processing: 3 June 2015
Sent email on 3 June - secondary review
No other documents requested
Card was mailed 29/07/2016
Ecas showed complete 04/08/2016
Card in the mail: 05/08/2016

Good luck

Did the email of secondary review come at the same date of processing started? Because you mentioned on 3 June both. And they did not request any document from you?
Kindest Regards,

ezlib

Jul 20, 2015
Dear Elie72

Yes. the same day they started the processing, I received the email. They did not request any other documents.

Good luck

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Frank_vt1 said:
I appreciate your reply.
So, Whats your dads timeline? When did u send application to pr? Can u share that with us ?

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
elie72 said:
Did the email of secondary review come at the same date of processing started? Because you mentioned on 3 June both. And they did not request any document from you?
Kindest Regards,
Whats your timeline? Do you guys know If anyone whos application is Recieved around july 1 2015 and has gone in SECONDARY REVIE has recieved their card yet ? Im waiting since then.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Dear All

I applied for PR renewal in May 2015. Now in August 2016 I have received a letter saying that my application is referred to secondary review and they are asking for more documents. It is mentioned in the letter that the documents should be provided within 30 days or else they will take a decision based on the papers already on file. It is also mentioned in the letter that if the requested documents are not provided then the application will be deemed as abandoned and this would occur after 180 days of the letter date.

Can anybody tell me what does abandoned mean?. Does it mean revocation of the PR Status or that the Renewal application is abandoned and I have to make another application?.

I had engaged a Consultant and paid $ 1200/- to file the renewal application. Now the consultant is telling me that the fee was for a straightforward PR renewal and is regarding the response to this letter as an appeal and is asking for $ 2500/- more. So I decided that I will write to CIC myself.

Any comments or advice or your view on this will be appreciated.
Thank you.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Jerry1410 said:
Dear All

I applied for PR renewal in May 2015. Now in August 2016 I have received a letter saying that my application is referred to secondary review and they are asking for more documents. It is mentioned in the letter that the documents should be provided within 30 days or else they will take a decision based on the papers already on file. It is also mentioned in the letter that if the requested documents are not provided then the application will be deemed as abandoned and this would occur after 180 days of the letter date.

Can anybody tell me what does abandoned mean?. Does it mean revocation of the PR Status or that the Renewal application is abandoned and I have to make another application?.

I had engaged a Consultant and paid $ 1200/- to file the renewal application. Now the consultant is telling me that the fee was for a straightforward PR renewal and is regarding the response to this letter as an appeal and is asking for $ 2500/- more. So I decided that I will write to CIC myself.

Thank you.
Hi,
Did you apply in May 2015 and their first correspondence is in August 2016 (i.e. for more than ONE year) and without asking about the status of your application for all that time? They should have asked you for the needed documents right when they start processing your file.
The abandoned file means it will be considered cancelled and you have to apply for another time. It is not revocation of the PR status, it is only cancellation of the application.

Regards,

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if Anyone who has applied for PR CARD RENEWAL in June 2015 and their case has gone in secondary review ? Have you recieved card? please share your timeline.
Thanks
much appreciated.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Jerry1410 said:
Dear All

Thank you.
WOW 2500 DOLLARS ? You will get ripped off. Dont pay him. Call CIC and ask them what they exactly need for further clarification. Consultant seems to be a DEFAULT guy who is asking for way too much money. he is making a joke out of u, dont let him do that.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Dear All

Yes I filed in application in May 2015 and in between when the Consultant's office checked the status CIC replied saying that it is sent for second stage review. After that the consultant said that they cannot do anything to expedite the process. In August 2016 when I received the letter from the CIC, the Consultant said as follows:

Please note the firm was hired to apply for a straight forward PR card renewal where the client meets the residency requirements. We have submitted the application and the officer does not believe you do. Which means, if you wish for us to assist with this matter, our legal fees are $2500. If you wish to handle this part on your own, we wish you best of luck and we will be closing the file.

I replied saying that :

My understanding of this is that my application for renewal of the PR Card has been passed on to 2nd stage review and the officer is asking for additional documents. This is very much a part of the process of the PR Card renewal. This is not an appeal. The appeal would be if they would take a decision on this and reject the application and then new fees for the appeal would apply. So I believe this is covered by the fees I have paid.

The Consultant did not agree with this explanation. So this is how the Consultants.

QRY2016

Feb 3, 2016
ezlib said:
Dear Elie72

Yes. the same day they started the processing, I received the email. They did not request any other documents.

Good luck
Hi ezlib, Congratulations. when u submitted the application renewal request in April 2015, did u send the PR card itself with the application? my time line is similar to u but I did not send the PR card as it was not yet expired. I am still waiting for my renewal.