1 Submitted Application October 2015
2.Started procesing and secondary review feb 2016
3.PR received 18 July 2016
Congratulations Ramkis!
Did you apply for urgent processing?

I applied in June 28 2015
Got a secondary review in dec 3 2015
And I am still waiting...

I am not in a hurry but I need to have it before the holidays because I already booked a trip in December. I am thinking of requesting urgent processing now just to be on the safe side.

Thanks

QRY2016

Feb 3, 2016
Congratulations to all of you. I have applied for PR renewal on April 2015, Received a secondary review notification on Jul 2015. Submitted 4 times Case Query, received same answer. Submitted a request for urgent request with no feedback. Called IRCC service center with the same feedback that I have to wait. Meanwhile I stayed in Canada 3 years with no travel (due to my work). I start believe that my papers are lost. Anyone suggest anything to do... will be appreciated.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
tonymiz said:
Congratulations Ramkis!
Did you apply for urgent processing?

I applied in June 28 2015
Got a secondary review in dec 3 2015
And I am still waiting...

I am not in a hurry but I need to have it before the holidays because I already booked a trip in December. I am thinking of requesting urgent processing now just to be on the safe side.

Thanks

I applied in normal processing first but then changed to urgent processing. Included flight details as some important work came up.Its bettr to request but dont expect any

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
ramkris said:
I applied in normal processing first but then changed to urgent processing. Included flight details as some important work came up.Its bettr to request but dont expect any
Thank you Ramkis. When did you submit the urgent processing? Did it help in your case?

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
QRY2016 said:
Congratulations to all of you. I have applied for PR renewal on April 2015, Received a secondary review notification on Jul 2015. Submitted 4 times Case Query, received same answer. Submitted a request for urgent request with no feedback. Called IRCC service center with the same feedback that I have to wait. Meanwhile I stayed in Canada 3 years with no travel (due to my work). I start believe that my papers are lost. Anyone suggest anything to do... will be appreciated.
Have you tried requesting ATIP (access to information)? that would tell you more details about the status of your application.
good luck

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
tonymiz said:
Have you tried requesting ATIP (access to information)? that would tell you more details about the status of your application.
good luck
Also, didnt they ask you for new photographs to meet the new specifications ? Or did they use the old ?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
tonymiz said:
Thank you Ramkis. When did you submit the urgent processing? Did it help in your case?
Applied urgent processing in june .I dont think it helped it might have been in their natural processing

ezlib

Jul 20, 2015
Dear QRY2016
I applied in April 2015 too. Also got email for secondary review in June 2015. I called and emailed and response every time was to wait. I have been following a few threads on this topic and it seems that secondary review is now between 12-14 months from when you receive the email... I am going to wait until August (then it is 14 months) and then call again. I too have not been out of the country and I did not breach my residency requirements. My husband applied the same time as I did, and he received his card within 6 weeks from applying. I am a full time Mom and I am not working, so I had no T4 to submit. I did add a letter to explain why I was not working, but I guess they did not believe or did not care. Good luck!

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hi All
Same story here - application in April 2015, secondary review email in July 2015, since then nothing.
RO are also met. I have also obtained PR travel document at some point to return to Canada as old PR card has expired - but it did not seem to facilitate PR renewal process. To be honest I do not think they have doubts about our PR RO...for those they have doubts they ask for additional documents to prove the residency.
I wonder if April 2015 applicants (it looks like there are quite a few of us) are now the "oldest" in SR.
Is there anyone around here in SR who applied before April 2015?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Reminder: there are multiple reasons why IRCC might refer a PR card renewal to Secondary Review. Perhaps the most common reasons are indications the PR is abroad, there are indications some information in the application is inaccurate, or there is some indication of misrepresentation made, or even possibly made, at an earlier time. Thus, for example, if the PR used a consultant in the past who has, in some way, been connected to fraud or a significant number of clients implicated with fraud, that PR also is likely to investigated, including an investigation covering past transactions with CIC or IRCC or CBSA.

My impression is that applicants who clearly fall well short of meeting the PR Residency Obligation are indeed often if not usually sent a request for additional documents. But it is also apparent some are not, some just relegated to the mire of lengthy SR. It may be that IRCC has somehow identified the latter as likely to leave Canada even if currently in Canada.

The thing to keep in mind, contrary to what many claim or even believe, the decision to refer the case to SR is almost always criteria-driven. There is a reason. Dismiss the process as random or arbitrary at one's peril.

The good news is that a number of people have reported getting their PR cards in a matter of months despite being referred for SR. The bad news is that many others still report they are still waiting, wallowing in the mire for nearly a year, some even longer. Here too, despite the complaints to the contrary, whose case is resolved more quickly, and whose takes a lot, lot longer, is usually tied to the facts in the case and the merits . . . or, for those on the longer and deeper side of the process, the issues and concerns. Despite the denials, there is a reason. Not always, of course, but almost always.

Main thing to be aware of: for anyone who is cutting it at all close, it is not a good idea to be outside Canada while the application is in SR.

QRY2016

Feb 3, 2016
vop said:
Also, didnt they ask you for new photographs to meet the new specifications ? Or did they use the old ?
Thanks tonymiz, VOP.
No additional requirements has been requested(even photographs as I already sent them with my renewal request).
Also I didn't try ATIP as I don't know how much time it will take to be issued.

BcBB

Jul 30, 2016
I submitted a PR renewal in April 2015 for myself and my two kids. Advised in July 2015 my application was going for a secondary review and since that date, not a single word from CIC to even inform me about what info they are missing or what they are having a problem with. I have kept full records and sent them copies of boarding cards etc to speed things up to no avail.
I have completed my days in country, I own a house here, my kids go to school here, I haven't committed any crime and I have managed to sponsor my husband for a PR card while I am still under review. He now has his PR card and i don't, even though I sponsored him!
I have engaged an immigration lawyer to look into the process, I have obtained all my records under the freedom of info act to see what the issue is and as far as I can see there is no problem. I have called the CIC helpline and they cannot help me as my case is under review. I cannot gain access to the online application query, as the system says my UCI and case number do not exist with a list of possible reasons why this might be the case (none apply to my situation).
My immigration lawyer said there is nothing he can do so I went to see my local MP. She cannot even do anything other than give me an application for a PR travel document in case I have a holiday booked in the future.
I haven't been able to travel anywhere since last April because it just seemed like too much hassle to drive over the border to do my shopping and then fill out loads of forms etc. I feel totally trapped and I am seriously worried that they have lost all my paperwork.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
BcBB said:
I submitted a PR renewal in April 2015 for myself and my two kids. Advised in July 2015 my application was going for a secondary review and since that date, not a single word from CIC to even inform me about what info they are missing or what they are having a problem with. I have kept full records and sent them copies of boarding cards etc to speed things up to no avail.
I have completed my days in country, I own a house here, my kids go to school here, I haven't committed any crime and I have managed to sponsor my husband for a PR card while I am still under review. He now has his PR card and i don't, even though I sponsored him!
I have engaged an immigration lawyer to look into the process, I have obtained all my records under the freedom of info act to see what the issue is and as far as I can see there is no problem. I have called the CIC helpline and they cannot help me as my case is under review. I cannot gain access to the online application query, as the system says my UCI and case number do not exist with a list of possible reasons why this might be the case (none apply to my situation).
My immigration lawyer said there is nothing he can do so I went to see my local MP. She cannot even do anything other than give me an application for a PR travel document in case I have a holiday booked in the future.
I haven't been able to travel anywhere since last April because it just seemed like too much hassle to drive over the border to do my shopping and then fill out loads of forms etc. I feel totally trapped and I am seriously worried that they have lost all my paperwork.
You are not alone so many trapped in same situation.

My application is also under secondary review from june 2015. My wife and children are canadian citizens. I applied renewal after physical presence of 1080 days. Also i own a house and have a full time job T4 for last 4 years i submit with application.

I cannot access to the online application query for PR renewal, but i can see Ecas for citizenship application which i applied last month only.

So be calm no one can help us in this situation pray to God only.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
BcBB said:
I submitted a PR renewal in April 2015 for myself and my two kids. Advised in July 2015 my application was going for a secondary review and since that date, not a single word from CIC to even inform me about what info they are missing or what they are having a problem with.
Yet again - same timeline as many of us. I suspect there are no people around here already who applied in Feb-March 2015 and got their SR emails in May-June and are still waiting? (correct me if I am wrong).
It looks like we (April 2015 applicants) are stuck a bit due to (maybe) summer holidays...The good news is that it seems like we are next in line...

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
I think we need to make some kind of excel sheet to know how many years does a PR renewal takes place that should include day of application ,day of SR, and any documents requested date and date PR card received