+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Re: Petition for secondary review

AJK_9 said:
Hi All

Here is Draft Format for Petition, if anybody wants to change/edit please share your Feedback..

All Gurus....please also share your feedback...you all are the pioneers of this blog

Dear Sir
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Congrats for your kind efforts towards Canadian Community

We want to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issue i.e. Secondary Review Cases. There are so many applicants who are waiting since long (more than 12/24 months) for PR card renewals having Secondary Review Status, even after providing requested documents in time not getting any update online or any answer from call center. there are so many applicants who have there own house, permanent job, family set-up, Tax & banking records etc

It seems that following are the major reasons for secondary review

1 - So many stamps in the passport

2 - Traveling issue

3 - Gulf/USA visa stamps on the passport

Would appreciate if you can decide some deadline for secondary review cases i.e. 12/15 months or whatever convenient for departmental process, else if required please arrange personal interview with applicants and check all the documents physically so you can get an idea and make decision

PS : Can we make note of Refugee matter here.....please advise
AJK yes this is a good draft, what you think if instead of Gulf/USA we write (exit-entry and visa stamps on the passport) so it will cover all countries and my advice that we should not make any note of Refugee matter.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012

heeradeepak said:
AJK yes this is a good draft, what you think if instead of Gulf/USA we write (exit-entry and visa stamps on the passport) so it will cover all countries and my advice that we should not make any note of Refugee matter.
Here you go, at present no one else coming forward to sign. At least there should be enough people to represent this issue, 2-3 people can't make this happen

Dear Sir

We want to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issue i.e. Secondary Review Cases. There are so many applicants who are waiting since long (more than 12/24 months) for PR card renewals having Secondary Review Status, even after providing requested documents in time not getting any update online or any answer from call center. there are so many applicants who have there own house, permanent job, family set-up, Tax & banking records etc

1 - Traveling issue

2 - Visa stamps on the passport i.e. Entry/Exit Stamps

Would appreciate if you can decide some deadline for secondary review cases i.e. 12/15 months or whatever convenient for departmental process, else if required please arrange personal interview with applicants and check all the documents physically so you can get an idea and make decision

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015

AJK_9 said:
Here you go, at present no one else coming forward to sign. At least there should be enough people to represent this issue, 2-3 people can't make this happen

Dear Sir

1 - Traveling issue

ITS GOOD AJK.....I AM TO SUPPORT THIS......LET ME KNOW HOW SECOND THIS.

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016

AJK_9 said:

Thanks so much for your hard work AJK_9!

Just some suggestions, should we include how this 2nd review affect us, e.g. When emergency happens to our family overseas , we can't go support them etc... It's something that they don't bother/care and in my opinion we should let them aware of it.
May I also suggest them to issue us temporary/ 1 year card if they need more than 1 year to review our PR status?
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to raise these issues because it seems that CIC doesn't like PR to travel. Pls advise.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi All

Here is with requested change,

Atten All GURUS : Can you please share your feedback for this draft, your suggestions will be really appreciated and make it far better

Once again : Who are ready to sign please send there details here so we can count...

Dear Sir

1 - Traveling issue

Without PR card we can't leave country and take care of our Family, there are so many applicants who have old parents leaving back-home, even in emergency we can't leave country....

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Hi All

Here is with requested change,

Atten All GURUS : Can you please share your feedback for this draft, your suggestions will be really appreciated and make it far better

Once again : Who are ready to sign please send there details here so we can count...

Dear Sir

1 - Traveling issue

Without PR card we can't leave country and take care of our Family, there are so many applicants who have old parents leaving back-home, even in emergency we can't leave country....

AJK how to sign it.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Re: Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review - Petition

Hi All

Here is the list of interested members for Electronic Petition - Secondary Review

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601 – Pl Confirm

Anyone interested pl add his name and post...thanks

Sukhi_7

Feb 19, 2016
Re: changes/suggestion

--------------------------------

Dear Sir,

Congratulations for your sincere and kind efforts towards Canadian Community.

We would like to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issues where PR Cards have not been issued over a long period of time of more than 12 to 24 months and applications have been pending as Secondary Review Cases.

There are several applicants affected by this issue, who are waiting more than 12/24 months for renewed PR card, renewals having Secondary Review status. Even after providing requested documents, the call center does not provide any timeline as to when PR card will be available for travel and there is no update online or any definite answer from call center. The 180 days shown online under "Processing Times" has no relevance to delays for our Cards which have not been issued over 12/24 months.

Without a PR card we can't plan any travel , or travel to take care of our Family abroad even in emergencies as there are many applicants who have old parents leaving back-home in their country.

Canada is a savior of Freedom in the world and to its residents and delay in issue of PR Card (which allows mobility to travel) curtails this Freedom of mobility for residents.

We would request and appeal if you can decide some maximum timeline for secondary review cases to 9 months (The period allowed to apply PR Card in advance before expiry) convenient for the departmental process and to allow residents Freedom of Mobility.

Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely,
Permanent Residents

-----------------------------------------------------
Forum can please review above again if like. I suggest not to give any time line 12/24 months as its already ongoing. Also the reasons why PR card is delayed we dont really know. Regards to all.

Raymond Wei

Jul 10, 2015
Thank you Sukhi_7 & AJK_9. I'd like to add my name to the list. Personally, I think Sukhi_7's suggested changes are appropriate…Raymond Wei

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Re: Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review - Petition

AJK_9 said:
Hi All

Here is the list of interested members for Electronic Petition - Secondary Review

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee

So many are suffering from secondary review but why they are silent? if you are not raising your voice then be ready, due to these exit entry stamps your citizenship application could also face the non routine route which means 36 months delay and remember you are not allowed to ask anything because CIC will do this on the name of quality check.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks Heeradeepak

Thanks Sukhi_7 for your suggestion, will change accordingly

One more suggestion : Also want to add one line in the petition that Government should give proper attention/justice to existing residents as compared to refugees….this is FACT….it’s not our intention to show this matter adversely…..just confused…

Here is list…we should try to make number count at least 100 member to represent it properly..else nobody would consider this petition….it’s just piece of paper for them.....we are going to face Robotics Department, they don't have any deadline...

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
7 - Raymond Wei

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
I applied for PR card renewal in January 2015 and CIC started processing of my application in March 2015.
In April 2015, I received a letter from CIC Hamilton Office for additional documents, which I provided them in May 2015.
After that I kept on calling CIC helpline almost every month. Every time they replied additional documents have been received by them and my application is still in processing. From January 2016, I have been calling them every week to check the status of my application and their reply was same.
Today, CIC Ottawa sent me an email stating that as per their information I am not in Canada and I should apply for PRTD in visa office of the country where I located. They’ve given me one month’s time to provide them with proof of PRTD. Otherwise, they will abandon my application.
I again called CIC call centre today. The agent said she cannot help me as the call centre agents can only access information that is available on CIC system.
I cannot apply for PRTD as I am in Canada and have completed more than 900 days here. I have emailed them my job offer letter, salary slips and latest T4 slips.
Please advise me what else I can do.
I’ll appreciate your help.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
7 - Raymond Wei.
8- MARK WYATT

Jerome Chen

Feb 20, 2016
CanadianME said:
1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
7 - Raymond Wei.
8- MARK WYATT
Hi All,
I got the same situation. I had applied for PR card renewal in June 2015 and CIC started processing of my application in November 2015.
After that I kept on checking CIC's website for my status had been changed or not. Up to now it still the same, it means I can’t find anything had been changed on the official website of CIC.
In December 2015, I had try to asked for urgent. CIC only gave the standard answer for the application is still in process and there is no maximum timeframe to finalize an application. After I found I still can’t find any my status on the website. I called to CIC, they only asked me to report it to CIC for the technique problem. Then I got the same answer as I mentioned above even I followed CIC’s instruction to report the problem. And I still can’t find anything for my application status.
Please add me in. They shall understand what the CIC doing.