+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
@ghayyas For applying to renew PR you need to be present in Canada during it's processing. If for some reason, you have to leave Canada and may not be back before the PR card has been processed, then you can apply for "Urgent" processing.
However you need to send them proof of this.

The proof would be copy of itinerary of travel OUT of Canada and BACK ( return ticket from Canada and back to Canada) and proof that it has been purchased.

In your case, you are in Canada only to apply and then wish to return so it's not applicable for urgent processing.

malayalee

May 27, 2015
@ Kovil,
I am also in the same status as of yours. It is already 15 months now and still waiting. Applied on November 2014 and secondary review status on February 2015. I don't have much stamps like yours. Has traveled only once for 2 months in the last 5 years. I don't mind waiting if CIC were able to give me a reasonably answer for the delay. Even I have sent CIC an emergency processing request by submitting air ticket. But they didn't care at all. It was my brothers marriage in January 2016 and I missed it too.The emotion now I am going through is beyond explanation.

cnccnc

Dec 21, 2015
malayalee said:
@ Kovil,
I am also in the same status as of yours. It is already 15 months now and still waiting. Applied on November 2014 and secondary review status on February 2015. I don't have much stamps like yours. Has traveled only once for 2 months in the last 5 years. I don't mind waiting if CIC were able to give me a reasonably answer for the delay. Even I have sent CIC an emergency processing request by submitting air ticket. But they didn't care at all. It was my brothers marriage in January 2016 and I missed it too.The emotion now I am going through is beyond explanation.
This is unusual, are you sure about your travel history dates?.

cnccnc

Dec 21, 2015
malayalee said:
@ Kovil,
If you have travelled only 2 months out of 5 years why bother renewing your PR card why not apply for Citizenship directly?

cnccnc

Dec 21, 2015
Hi All

I want to share my experience, applied for a PR card on urgent basis in 2nd week of Jan 2016 received my PR card within 2 weeks! I want to share this experience to remind all that CIC is extremely well organized and doing their job diligently and professionally contrary to the opinions aired by individuals facing delays. My number of days were 760 so concerns in clocking bare minimum days may not be well founded, have lots of travel exit entry stamps so the argument of lot of travel also does not hold ground, I suggest applicants review their applications thoroughly, make sure they have their travel history very well documented remember CBSA has your full exit entry data so your travel history should conform accurately, also I would suggest for applicants to use good immigration lawyers if they have any concerns in any area of the application. Lastly if you are genuinely living here and well entrenched into the Canadian life you have nothing to be concerned.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
cnccnc said:
Hi All

I want to share my experience, applied for a PR card on urgent basis in 2nd week of Jan 2016 received my PR card within 2 weeks! I want to share this experience to remind all that CIC is extremely well organized and doing their job diligently and professionally contrary to the opinions aired by individuals facing delays. My number of days were 760 so concerns in clocking bare minimum days may not be well founded, have lots of travel exit entry stamps so the argument of lot of travel also does not hold ground, I suggest applicants review their applications thoroughly, make sure they have their travel history very well documented remember CBSA has your full exit entry data so your travel history should conform accurately, also I would suggest for applicants to use good immigration lawyers if they have any concerns in any area of the application. Lastly if you are genuinely living here and well entrenched into the Canadian life you have nothing to be concerned.
Congratulation you are lucky to escape the waiting period and your number of days were 760, but most of us in this forum are crying because we have more then 1000 days and still facing secondary review due to exit entry stamps.

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
cnccnc said:
Hi All

Hey cnccnc

Congratulations on getting your card renewed. That's great to hear!

Did you provide any extra documents beside the ones required by CIC ? Did you provide your own travel record with stamps and all ?

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
AJK_9 said:
Good Idea

Meanwhile can we make Draft format for everybody.....and let's see how we can make Electronic Petition..

All the best...we can...
Will definitely sign it!

I have the same situation as u guys, 1100+ days, lots of stamps, one of them from UAE (visiting for 4days); submitted renewal application August 2015, now going 2nd review...

CIC claimed that PR card is a TRAVEL DOCUMENT, it's not the status of PR. I believe there's none of the countries in the world takes 1-2yrs just for the renewal of a travel doc, and it's a shame that it happens in CANADA! In fact CIC should give us a temporary/1 year card sth like that if they want to deeply investigate our PR status. It's not fair to strand us here as we are still PR until they can make a decision. We are not criminals or suspects, we should not be banned from travel because of CIC agents not happy about our travel records or just simply they work slow.

cnccnc

Dec 21, 2015
amr95 said:
Hey cnccnc

Congratulations on getting your card renewed. That's great to hear!

Did you provide any extra documents beside the ones required by CIC ? Did you provide your own travel record with stamps and all ?
Thanks guys.

No amr95 didn't provide any extra documents besides the ones requested i.e. Tax return copies and copies of all passport pages (provided colour copies though)...would like to offer a helpful tip...stamps which are in other languages as long as they show the name of the country, the words exit and entry and date in English, and the officer can read this clearly these do not require to be translated.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Kikilala said:
Will definitely sign it!

I have the same situation as u guys, 1100+ days, lots of stamps, one of them from UAE (visiting for 4days); submitted renewal application August 2015, now going 2nd review...

CIC claimed that PR card is a TRAVEL DOCUMENT, it's not the status of PR. I believe there's none of the countries in the world takes 1-2yrs just for the renewal of a travel doc, and it's a shame that it happens in CANADA! In fact CIC should give us a temporary/1 year card sth like that if they want to deeply investigate our PR status. It's not fair to strand us here as we are still PR until they can make a decision. We are not criminals or suspects, we should not be banned from travel because of CIC agents not happy about our travel records or just simply they work slow.
Pls make a electronic petition i will sign it.

This all start from 2011 and now most of CIC agents made it habit as soon as they see many stamps they will through the file in secondary review cabinet and after that no one will touch the file for several months some cases years. If CIC will not improve the system we will face delay in citizenship applications also.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Anybody can please share Draft/Format for Secondary Review Petition...I am also preparing from my end

Thanks

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
malayalee said:
@ Kovil,
Kovil it is really shame for CIC that last 5 years a person travel once only for 2 months and his case gone for secondary review.

Most of secondary review cases like me are waiting because of many many stamps, but you are waiting from 15 months only for one time travel it is very very sad.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Petition for secondary review

Hi All

Here is Draft Format for Petition, if anybody wants to change/edit please share your Feedback..

All Gurus....please also share your feedback...you all are the pioneers of this blog

Dear Sir
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Congrats for your kind efforts towards Canadian Community

We want to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issue i.e. Secondary Review Cases. There are so many applicants who are waiting since long (more than 12/24 months) for PR card renewals having Secondary Review Status, even after providing requested documents in time not getting any update online or any answer from call center. there are so many applicants who have there own house, permanent job, family set-up, Tax & banking records etc

It seems that following are the major reasons for secondary review

1 - So many stamps in the passport

2 - Traveling issue

3 - Gulf/USA visa stamps on the passport

Would appreciate if you can decide some deadline for secondary review cases i.e. 12/15 months or whatever convenient for departmental process, else if required please arrange personal interview with applicants and check all the documents physically so you can get an idea and make decision

PS : Can we make note of Refugee matter here.....please advise