+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

cnccnc

Dec 21, 2015
Hi

For applicants facing delays and secondary reviews, kindly share if you were accounting for presence in Canada prior to 2013, apparently since CBSA maintains accurate exit entry biometric data since past 2 or 2 1/2 years believe since September 2012 so travel dates, absences from Canada in the last 2 - 2 1/2 years will be easily verified by CIC through CBSA records if there is any mismatch between the applicant's declared dates and the CBSA records, surely this will end up in SR. I am guessing that presences (no absences) declared prior to September 2012 may also end up in a long review process, CIC would not be bothered about absences as this you are already declaring but the "present in Canada" timeline on your travel history would be of concern to CIC and warranting added scrutiny specially if these were before September 2012. More details about the Govt. of US and Canada maintaining data records can be found on this link. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/btb-pdf/ebsiip-asfipi-eng.html

Usually when the Airline swipes your passport at check-in, believe that data acts as an exit out of Canada so I wouldn't worry about exit records out of Canada but having said that another option available to record an exit out of Canada is to take a flight via US that way the entry stamp of the US Border services at any US-Canada border locations such as Pearson Airport or Buffalo will evidence exit from Canada on that day (In case one is unable to obtain a CBSA exit stamp)

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
My husband had a third line added to ecas saying they sent him a letter on January 14th. It still hasn't arrived.
Should we be worried? Is it likely to be SR? Thanks

frankma

Jan 11, 2016
Richie Robert said:
Hello all,

1. I have applied for my PR renewal on - 05 June 2015

2. Started processing application and sent my application for second review and was told it would take additional delay on - Nov 5 2015

Still Im not hearing anything back from cic, I called them many times still same reply "we cant say the timeline since its case specific"

My wife is a PR too, I sponsored her.

My mother and brother live in Canada too,

My doubt is can I leave canada, will cic send my PR card to my address and my family members can give it to me when they come to India?

Please advise
In most cases, the card is mailed to you when issued. If you end up with this most common situation, you definitely can ask family/friend to pass new card over.

Chances are CIC could randomly select people to pick up their new cards at immigration offices. In the situation of picking up, you have to be in Canada physically. Two options you can choose if your current PR card has already expired by then:
* apply for a travel document which allows you enter Canada through commercial carriers
* or get a US VISA and drive cross the boarder in a private vehicle with the expired card

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Richie Robert said:
Hello all,

1. I have applied for my PR renewal on - 05 June 2015

2. Started processing application and sent my application for second review and was told it would take additional delay on - Nov 5 2015

Still Im not hearing anything back from cic, I called them many times still same reply "we cant say the timeline since its case specific"

My wife is a PR too, I sponsored her.

My mother and brother live in Canada too,

My doubt is can I leave canada, will cic send my PR card to my address and my family members can give it to me when they come to India?

Please advise
My case is similar, my application 11-June-2015, Secondary review 11-Nov-15 after that no document request, in my case my wife and children are Canadian and we have house, job and all T4, and I stayed 1175 days still i got secondary review. I think my case reason could be my 2 passports which are full with visa or exit entry stamps and CIC officer doesn't spent time to see that all visa are expired, he choose a easy way to through my file in secondary review. I learn from this forum that CIC have nothing to do with family or income if officer feel good your file is Okay otherwise he can keep you waiting for years.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
Beaverdiva said:
My husband had a third line added to ecas saying they sent him a letter on January 14th. It still hasn't arrived.
Should we be worried? Is it likely to be SR? Thanks
Hi,

My husband also received a similar third line saying they sent him a correspondence on Feb 1st. It still hasn't arrived. We are worried too.
Did you receive the letter or mail? Please can you update me.

Regards
Sansoy

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Anybody can please advise...what's further course of action ?

Applied in March 2015, sent for secondary review and sent all the documents in August 2015...still no status change, on e-cas it says we send letter in April 2015, there is no update for documents sent in August on e-cas, when calling CIC they are giving standard answer of secondary review.....don't know what to do...

Online status says they are processing Sept 2015 applications.....anyone who are waiting since long...

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
I was asked to submit additional docuements such as full passport pages as well as travel history reord from all countries. I sent it to them on early January 2016. There is no update. it is still in process.

I don't have any word which says 'secondary review' but my documents went attn: review team' Sydney , NS

Still in process
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Anybody can please advise...what's further course of action ?

Applied in March 2015, sent for secondary review and sent all the documents in August 2015...still no status change, on e-cas it says we send letter in April 2015, there is no update for documents sent in August on e-cas, when calling CIC they are giving standard answer of secondary review.....don't know what to do...

Online status says they are processing Sept 2015 applications.....anyone who are waiting since long...

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Have you applied for PR renewal.......when did you apply & what is the situation now.......I have applied on August 15th 2014.....going to 2 years.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
I am 2014 August 15th applicant,sent for secondary review in 2015 & asked in and out entries with complete photo copy of passport and I have submitted every thing in August 2015.....since then there is no change in my status nor any reply for cic.....I want to know if any one with same situation can you update your timeline.....as it is going to be two years really worried.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Kovil said:
I am 2014 August 15th applicant,sent for secondary review in 2015 & asked in and out entries with complete photo copy of passport and I have submitted every thing in August 2015.....since then there is no change in my status nor any reply for cic.....I want to know if any one with same situation can you update your timeline.....as it is going to be two years really worried.
Hi Kovil

Is it 2014 & PR renewal ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Kovil said:
it means 18 months over and still you are waiting for PR renewal do you have many stamps in passports?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Y'day CIC web showing September 2015 processing and 170 days.....while today this is situation....don't know who is managing web..

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

180 days ?

Does not include document mailing time (up to six weeks).

If you require your PR card urgently, follow these instructions.

Working on applications received on August 24, 2015

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Y'day CIC web showing September 2015 processing and 170 days.....while today this is situation....don't know who is managing web..

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

180 days ?

Does not include document mailing time (up to six weeks).

If you require your PR card urgently, follow these instructions.

Working on applications received on August 24, 2015
it doesn't make difference for secondary review files if lucky it will take one year otherwise God knows.

CIC should draw a timeline for secondary review cases also

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
heeradeepak said:
it means 18 months over and still you are waiting for PR renewal do you have many stamps in passports?
Yes I have lot of middle east and India stamps. can you post your timeline.