+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Beaverdiva said:
My husband had a third line added to ecas saying they sent him a letter on January 14th. It still hasn't arrived.
Should we be worried? Is it likely to be SR? Thanks
Can you post your timeline please.

ken2015

May 28, 2015
@ Kovil,
I am in same boat, applied in Aug 2014, received email for 2ndary review & since then no news, they didn't ask me to submit any additional / missing documents, called Call center last time in January & they said that still it is in review with update that in August 2015 CIC again sent your application for further review:-(,,,, I have also Gulf visa & traveling,,,
I would like to know in worst scenario what could happen to my case, any information would be helpful.
Regards,

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
ken2015 said:
@ Kovil,
I am in same boat, applied in Aug 2014, received email for 2ndary review & since then no news, they didn't ask me to submit any additional / missing documents, called Call center last time in January & they said that still it is in review with update that in August 2015 CIC again sent your application for further review:-(,,,, I have also Gulf visa & traveling,,,
I would like to know in worst scenario what could happen to my case, any information would be helpful.
Regards,
No idea......only senior members in the forum should advice.

mishoolak

Feb 6, 2016
ken2015 said:
@ Kovil,
Regards,
In the worst senario they will send you a mail and tell you that you are inadmissible for permanent residency ( if you have not been in Canada for 2 years)

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
ken2015 said:
@ Kovil,
Regards,
So many applicants with gulf valid or expired visa are in same boat. From 2011 CIC looks at us as we are criminal.

If you completed 730 days legally they cant refuse renewal but they can keep you waiting for years i think all of us should write a letter to immigration minister to draw a timeline for PR renewal secondary review cases.

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
heeradeepak said:
So many applicants with gulf valid or expired visa are in same boat. From 2011 CIC looks at us as we are criminal.

If you completed 730 days legally they cant refuse renewal but they can keep you waiting for years i think all of us should write a letter to immigration minister to draw a timeline for PR renewal secondary review cases.
I came to canada before the expiry of my PR by 3 months and remained in Canada with an expired PR for the next 2 years. Before I submit my application, I made sure that I have an extra 3 months 730 days+ 90 days then I submited my application with presence in Canada 830 days staight with no exit.

When I listed my application, I have clearly mentioned an absence of 1000 days Qatar and bahrain in one coloumn.
Unfortunitly, there were no stamp in passport for those enteries.Since my work required me to travled between those countries I used the e- gate in Qatar airport& Bahrain airport.

CIC requested additional documents from me travel history report from those countries, the report showed 200 exit/ entery records in the past 5 years.

I am not sure if CIC will punish me for this reason or not although I was very honest listing my total absence/ present days.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Anybody passed through Secondary Review and sent Ticket/Payment details and it had been processed

Can we take that chance in emergency ?

Thanks

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi AJK_9

My friend and her husband applied for renewal of their pr cards in July 2015 and both went to secondary review. They changed their applications to urgent processing with proof of travel. The husband got his card before the travel date while the wife'e card took a little longer, in fact she got it after the travel date had passed. Hope this helps..

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Zaraali said:
Hi AJK_9

My friend and her husband applied for renewal of their pr cards in July 2015 and both went to secondary review. They changed their applications to urgent processing with proof of travel. The husband got his card before the travel date while the wife'e card took a little longer, in fact she got it after the travel date had passed. Hope this helps..
Thanks Zaraali, that's the only emergency option

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
heeradeepak said:

I totally Support this......and it should be brought to the notice of MP's that they are taking years to go through applications, just b'cz they have many stamps.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
nadia601 said:
I came to canada before the expiry of my PR by 3 months and remained in Canada with an expired PR for the next 2 years. Before I submit my application, I made sure that I have an extra 3 months 730 days+ 90 days then I submited my application with presence in Canada 830 days staight with no exit.

When I listed my application, I have clearly mentioned an absence of 1000 days Qatar and bahrain in one coloumn.
Unfortunitly, there were no stamp in passport for those enteries.Since my work required me to travled between those countries I used the e- gate in Qatar airport& Bahrain airport.

CIC requested additional documents from me travel history report from those countries, the report showed 200 exit/ entery records in the past 5 years.

I am not sure if CIC will punish me for this reason or not although I was very honest listing my total absence/ present days.
Nadia you was honest in listing absence but does CIC believe that? Believe me these exit entry stamps or records create a red signal for CIC agent and due to this reason our files are going through secondary review or RQ.

For PR renewal eligibility is only 730 days and if file gone for secondary review CIC can take more then 730 days to make a decision and you cant ask why they need so long?

ghayyas

Feb 9, 2016
I arrived back in Canada on 11th jan 2016 and applied for urgent renewal of PR card which is going to expire on 8th March, 2016. I attached copy of my return air ticket showing that I was flying out of Canada on 19th feb 2016. My application was received on 14th jan 2016 and its processing started the same day.

The online status still says 'in process'. So I called CIC today to know the status of my application. The call centre agent told me that the application was not being treated as urgent since I had not submitted a ticket showing my 'return' to Canada. Now, I dont understand what she meant. As per my ticket, I arrived in Canada on 11th jan 2016 and I am to leave Canada on 19th feb. Why should I buy another ticket for a return to Canada. What does it have to do with my urgent application. Is she right or

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi All

You all are right and we should find some concrete solution for resolution of this issue else....we will be Refugees in few years and Refugees will be Citizens...

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Can some one creat electronic petitioning to be signed by all of us to submit it to Prime Minster and Immigration minister?
The fair processing time should be 2-3 months like in US, Australia and Europe.

I suggest any one processing time more than 3 months should sign it.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
nadia601 said:
Can some one creat electronic petitioning to be signed by all of us to submit it to Prime Minster and Immigration minister?
The fair processing time should be 2-3 months like in US, Australia and Europe.

I suggest any one processing time more than 3 months should sign it.
Good Idea

Meanwhile can we make Draft format for everybody.....and let's see how we can make Electronic Petition..

All the best...we can...