+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
Hi Every One,
I have received letter form CIC asking to collect PR card from Local office I got surprised list of documents they mention to bring while coming to ICI office
1. This letter
2. All passport and travel documents ( Present & expired)
3. Passport stamp and visas not in English / French must be accompanied by Certified translation
4. List of all absence from Canada Including day, Month, Year from Last 5 years
5.Valied Photo ID
6.Expaired PR Card, A new card will not be issued unless your expired card has been surrendered
7.Proof of Residence in Canada
I will be greatly appreciate if any one share his experience who picked the PR card from Local office, what question they ask is they will verify all the requested documents etc.
Is this document is common for all are specific for individual
My time line
Sent application September 2014
Received Second review letter January 2015
Approve card middle of August 2015
Received letter to pick up cared 14 October after 2weeks
Thanks
Regards

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi Everyone

I wonder if anybody can advise me

I sent my application for PR Renewal on the 14/2/15 received a letter from cic dated the 31st March 2015 saying a preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is required before our final review can be completed. this will result in an additional delay.

For the purpose of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations please provide proof of your residency in Canada for the period 14/2/10 to 14/2/15 please submit a copy of the following documents

Complete pages of your passports color copies
personal immigration entry/exit records for the countries where you have travelled.

I sent copies of the passports to them on the 8th April 2015 I had stamps on my passports for the countries where I had been. The only thing I didn't have stamp for was my last entry into Canada because I used the fast track machine at the airport in Canada where you go on arrival instead of going to immigration agent. I did have my boarding pass which I sent to them.
Also I have a uk passport so when you leave uk or enter it you don't get any stamps.
They say in ther letter if you do receive the requested information within 180 days of the date of the letter we will consider your pr application abandoned.

I have called cic several times after that to make sure they have received everything and the agent says they have everything otherwise you would have received another letter requesting more information.
They say it is seconday review now and don't know how long it will take.

Is anbodyelse in the same time situation

Also my mum is ill in the uk in hospital and if I were to go I would only go for 1 week because I have a job and family here. Has anybody applied for a travel document from the visa office in London. How long does it take.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

volee

Jul 23, 2015
A relative of mine received the same letter when he was asked to pick up his PR card in person. He did prepare everything but the agent did not even ask to see any documents. He just had to show his passports and give the agent his old PR card. The pick up process was really quick except the wait for your turn. Hope this helps.

behsuz

Nov 3, 2012
I picked up my renewed PR card last month from a local office. The officer checked all the requested documents. She also asked all my travels from the time I entered Canada. Also complained that she cannot find the translation of a stamp! At the end she gave me the PR card though!

Shinian

Oct 18, 2015
I was just wondering how cic officers decide who should get secondly review. They say people who didn't come to canada in the first 2 or 3 years have many more opportunity to get secondly review. I don't know whether friends in this forum have this situation.

My time line:
receipt of applicant: Mar.17,2015.
start to process: Apr.25,2015.
secondary review: Apr.25,2015.
no info from cic up to now.

Shinian

Oct 18, 2015
update my timeline:
i got my PR Card this morning without any notification or any change status in CIC website.

Oct.21,2015 receipt of PR CARD
-THE END

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Here is timeline for PR Renewal

March 2015 - Sent PR Renewal

April 2015 - Letter for additional documents / Secondary Review

August 2015 - Sent all the Documents for last 5 years

Called CIC for update, till date they didn't have any update for receipt of documents sent in August 2015 (we have FedEx confirmation with name), there system displays only letter sent for Secondary Review / Additional Documents in April 2015

While as per CIC letter : If we do not receive the requested information within 180 days of the date above, we will consider your application for a permanent resident card abandoned

Please advise

reza5576

Feb 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

Here is my time line:

- Apply for PR renewal : Sept.2014
- Secondary Review Letter : Jan.2014
- PR Card Receiving : Oct.2015 (after 13 months)

No additional document requested.

Good luck for all waiting their PR cards.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Here is timeline for PR Renewal

Called CIC for update, till date they didn't have any update for receipt of documents sent in August 2015 (we have FedEx confirmation with name), there system displays only letter sent for Secondary Review / Additional Documents in April 2015

While as per CIC letter : If we do not receive the requested information within 180 days of the date above, we will consider your application for a permanent resident card abandoned

Please advise
Send a CSE & attach a scan of your FedEx delivery receipt. Request confirmation that they have received the documents you sent.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Lammawitch said:
Send a CSE & attach a scan of your FedEx delivery receipt. Request confirmation that they have received the documents you sent.
Hi Lammawitch

Thanks, there is a name on the FedEx receipt who has received and signed documents. Can you pl let me know what we can do now

systems

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Everyone,
Here is my timeline.

Application sent to renew PR in OCT 2014
Received Secondary Review Email in FEB 2015
No updates since then.

If any of you have similar timelines / any recent updates on your application please share.
Thanks.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
systems said:
Hi Everyone,
Here is my timeline.

Application sent to renew PR in OCT 2014
Received Secondary Review Email in FEB 2015
No updates since then.

If any of you have similar timelines / any recent updates on your application please share.
Thanks.
Hi Systems

Here is my Timeline, it seems that intentionally they are harassing people because of Robotics system, even when we are calling they don't have any specific answer......wish something favorable will happen due to Government Change....!!!???

All the best

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
Hi Systems

Here is my Timeline, it seems that intentionally they are harassing people because of Robotics system, even when we are calling they don't have any specific answer......wish something favorable will happen due to Government Change....!!!???

All the best
Did you send CSE with a copy of the FedEx receipt for the documents you sent in response to the letter?