+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

eriku

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks PUMA.

Now I know. I thought for every application we are issued a new ID of sort unique to that application. I didn't use this number in my application forms but I hope it won't cause a big delay. I sent my application last September only so that's why there's no update yet. thanks for the info.

hussain13

Jun 27, 2013
Hi all,
Just curious to know the status of friends who got the email for secondary review. I also got same email & wondering how much time it will take. After completion of the process, will they send the PR card by mail to our home. Appreciate if the concern friends would share their experience.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
hussain13 said:
Hi all,
Just curious to know the status of friends who got the email for secondary review. I also got same email & wondering how much time it will take. After completion of the process, will they send the PR card by mail to our home. Appreciate if the concern friends would share their experience.
When did you sent your application? Please share your timeline.

And they do send card by mail but sometime they ask you to pick the card from their office.

hussain13

Jun 27, 2013
My time line is:
They received my application on August 4'2014
Started processing on Jan 14'2015
I received an email from them on Jan 14th that application is forwarded to review team for secondary review.
I am expecting that it will take at least 2-3 months till they made the decision, appreciate if friends could share their experience & what kind of additional documents they may asked.
Regards,

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Can't say much about how long the additional time will be for secondary review. Perhaps, some experienced user of this website can help letting you know the exact time of secondart review.

They may ask to provide some additional documents but it may vary from case to case. In advance, just prepare all the documents that can prove your residency in Canada.

Pual Newman

Nov 16, 2014
My secondary review took about 6weeks to complete (from the date of the email) and the PR card was send by regular mail to my mail box. It arrived 2 days after they told me that th3 card was sent out.

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
Do you think guys that the family can call from outside Canada to inquire about the secondary review. If so, will this adversely impact the way the pr is obtained (mail or pick up)?

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Pual Newman said:
My secondary review took about 6weeks to complete (from the date of the email) and the PR card was send by regular mail to my mail box. It arrived 2 days after they told me that th3 card was sent out.
Thanks for sharing your case and timeline.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
brawad said:
Do you think guys that the family can call from outside Canada to inquire about the secondary review. If so, will this adversely impact the way the pr is obtained (mail or pick up)?
I have no idea about contacting CIC from outside Canada. You can always check the status of your application online. If the application has been forwarded for the secondary review, then CIC will inform you via mail/email. And it won't create any impact on obtaining the PR card.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Application was received on August 15th and was sent for secondary review on October 2nd and still no change in my status.
Others in this topic can you update if any change in applications sent in July for secondary review.
To keep this topic live

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Kovil said:
Application was received on August 15th and was sent for secondary review on October 2nd and still no change in my status.
Others in this topic can you update if any change in applications sent in July for secondary review.
To keep this topic live
You must contact CIC and ask about your application current status.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Is it possible that CIC send you the secondary review letter by mail instead of email.? I have provided my email address so that all correspondence will come to my email directly but they sent me letter by mail which I have not received yet.

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I just checked my online status and found out that they sent me a letter.
I called CIC and found out that our renewal required additional review.

Amazing. they received my application end of September and now ask me to wait extra weeks.

I bought air tickets travel within 3 months and I am going to e-mail my info.

I wonder if this action will help process faster..

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brawad said:
Hi,

I am not sure if this number works now, but I did called from outside of Canada several years ago.

Phone: +1 613 944 4000
Option: 2 (transfer you to CIC)

Good luck