+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Rahuldost

Jan 24, 2012
We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2017.

3. We started processing your application on July 27, 2017.

4. We sent you correspondence on July 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. July 31st I got the letter saying your application sent for secondary Review

6. August I called the CIC Call enter checking how can they send the file for secondary review without even giving me the time to submit the requested documents the call centre said it is a normal practice

7. September 11th I provided Additional Documents asked ( Travel tickets, Copy of passport with translated Stamps credit card Bills etc

I Have not heard from CIC in spite of calling the call centre or writing to them any Suggestions or thought process on what to expect next

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 17, 2017.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2017.

3. We started processing your application on July 27, 2017.

4. We sent you correspondence on July 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. July 31st I got the letter saying your application sent for secondary Review

6. August I called the CIC Call enter checking how can they send the file for secondary review without even giving me the time to submit the requested documents the call centre said it is a normal practice

7. September 11th I provided Additional Documents asked ( Travel tickets, Copy of passport with translated Stamps credit card Bills etc

I Have not heard from CIC in spite of calling the call centre or writing to them any Suggestions or thought process on what to expect next
Hi,
I am in the same boat, applied in 05 MAy 2017 and went to SR. Supplied additional docs and still waiting.

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hi i m posting on behalf of my friend
Her pr card expired and now she sent application for renewal one month ago but no reply
She has one problem she lost her passport
Do u think it ll affect her renewal

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Hi i m posting on behalf of my friend
Her pr card expired and now she sent application for renewal one month ago but no reply
She has one problem she lost her passport
Do u think it ll affect her renewal
Of cause this matters. However, if she lived in Canada stably, had been continuously employed, and very few days outside of Canada with clear records (checking air tickets, emails, photos, and US i94 records), there is very less chance she will be in big problem.

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Of cause this matters. However, if she lived in Canada stably, had been continuously employed, and very few days outside of Canada with clear records (checking air tickets, emails, photos, and US i94 records), there is very less chance she will be in big problem.
She was not employed just on program linc of english
And she never travelled

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
She was not employed just on program linc of english
And she never travelled
She will be OK. Just ask CBSA for a report, some stuff like letter from link, bank statements, utility bills...with a letter to explain her lost of OLD passport. But I do believe she will have to have a new passport to support the renewal of PR Card.

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends, June 2017 applicant here. file went for secondary review on August 2017. Still waiting for any updates from IRCC... Hopefully by June 2018 (that would be exactly 1 year after filing for pr card renewal) I should hear something from IRCC or am I wrong? Hopefully not! This wait truly sucks.

I know other people's are also in the same boat so that make me calm down and relax a little bit. ERRRR

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hello friends, June 2017 applicant here. file went for secondary review on August 2017. Still waiting for any updates from IRCC... Hopefully by June 2018 (that would be exactly 1 year after filing for pr card renewal) I should hear something from IRCC or am I wrong? Hopefully not! This wait truly sucks.

I know other people's are also in the same boat so that make me calm down and relax a little bit. ERRRR
Don’t worry, several people are there. My wife also submitted in June 2017 with 780 days and went into secondary review but got her card in March 2018. I submitted mine in July 2017 with 1200+ days and went into secondary, no news yet. Unless you plan to travel, just keep waiting...

Reactions: fotkifolkslove

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don’t worry, several people are there. My wife also submitted in June 2017 with 780 days and went into secondary review but got her card in March 2018. I submitted mine in July 2017 with 1200+ days and went into secondary, no news yet. Unless you plan to travel, just keep waiting...
Yup that's the only thing we can do right now. Waiting!

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
For those of you still in "in process" stage of secondary review, I would like to share that my application for PR renewal case filed in 05 May 2017 with 740 days was just approved. It took 1 week short of 12 months. Yesterday the ecas status changed to "decision made". I called IRCC to find out what the decision is and they informed me that the renewal application was approved.

Good luck to all of you who are still under secondary review. And a big thank you to the folks who keep this forum running as one wants to share with people facing same situation, it goes a long way to battle anxiety.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted 2017July and still in process :(
At least there some good news. Happy for you SRIS, finally.

For the rest of us the wait game continues...

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those of you still in "in process" stage of secondary review, I would like to share that my application for PR renewal case filed in 05 May 2017 with 740 days was just approved. It took 1 week short of 12 months. Yesterday the ecas status changed to "decision made". I called IRCC to find out what the decision is and they informed me that the renewal application was approved.

Good luck to all of you who are still under secondary review. And a big thank you to the folks who keep this forum running as one wants to share with people facing same situation, it goes a long way to battle anxiety.
Hey congrats. Hopefully ours will be soon.

Saga1963

May 2, 2018
Hi All,
My PR Card expires in about 5 months from now.
Currently I’m outside Canada and wish to apply for renewal of my PR card.
1- Can I apply from outside Canada?
2- Does the renewal process entail an interview also OR it’s renewed on the basis of application alone?
3- I have two dependent kids and in case I can’t apply from outside Canada, must they also be physically present in Canada for submitting renewal application OR can I go alone to Canada & apply for them also along with my application?
Thanks

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
Hi, friends.
I need your help. Please suggest.
I landed on Jan 15 2015. I have completed 134 days in Canada. right now I am outside. As per RO 730 days calculation, I can come until 28 May 2018. If I land 4-5 days later is there chance that at airport I will be reported and given 30 days appeal period? Wil 5-10 days short of 730 days will crate this possibility?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi, friends.
I need your help. Please suggest.
I landed on Jan 15 2015. I have completed 134 days in Canada. right now I am outside. As per RO 730 days calculation, I can come until 28 May 2018. If I land 4-5 days later is there chance that at airport I will be reported and given 30 days appeal period? Wil 5-10 days short of 730 days will crate this possibility?
If you have a valid PR card, that should be fine.