+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

gegehelena

Feb 23, 2018
Im in toronto. Mailed in Scarborough[/QUOTE

Oh ... lets hope for the best hopefully its not lost.... hopefully someone will be able to answer you in this thread with the same experience...
hopefully you dont need to leave the country soon
The best of luck for you

gegehelena

Feb 23, 2018
Hi I just want to know did they send you email that the mailed your card????
No .. i only recieved one email that informed me abt when they recieved my application and when i logged on i saw Decision Made .. and yesterday i got my card in the mail ...

gegehelena

Feb 23, 2018
Hoping to receive my card ASAP. I have my ticket booked for this sunday
I am not expert but i was prepared also to fly out from us if i didnt recieve my card on time.
Maybe have a plan B in case.... i was planning to drive to us and fly from there and return to us as well.
Wish you all the best

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No news. Applied last June 2017. And august the secondary review email. after that no communication, no updates no news. It's a ghost town.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Secondary review fellow applicants, any news?
My wife got the PR card in the mail, she was a secondary review applicant. Her application date was 05 April 2017. In the case of my 2 kids and wife it took IRCC 11 months and 2 weeks to come to a decision on their secondary review applications. I had applied in 05 May 2017 and I am still waiting for my ecas to change to "Decision made".

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife got the PR card in the mail, she was a secondary review applicant. Her application date was 05 April 2017. In the case of my 2 kids and wife it took IRCC 11 months and 2 weeks to come to a decision on their secondary review applications. I had applied in 05 May 2017 and I am still waiting for my ecas to change to "Decision made".
:( applied July 2017, secondary review in August. Just feels like nothing is moving.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your story? Why you are picked for second review?
I have 830 days out of 5 years. A few travels to my home country. If I had to guess is that I didn’t spend more days?

Just upset to know it takes a year or more to renew a card.

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hello everyone. I often see you giving your “days of presence”. Just to make sure, we were supposed to write the number days of ABSENCE in the form, right?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hello everyone. I often see you giving your “days of presence”. Just to make sure, we were supposed to write the number days of ABSENCE in the form, right?
Yes, in the form it’s days absent in Canada.

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends so what is the average time after secondary review? This is really a horror show going now. We need to wait several months just to receive a new pr card? That's not good. I heard 1 year is average time, is this true or 2 years 3 years?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
hi friends so what is the average time after secondary review? This is really a horror show going now. We need to wait several months just to receive a new pr card? That's not good. I heard 1 year is average time, is this true or 2 years 3 years?
The average timeline for almost any IRCC process is essentially useless information.

I suspect what you really want to know is the median timeline, the amount of time it takes 50% of applications to be processed, which for many procedures indicates APPROXIMATELY how long it takes for roughly MOST applicants (remembering that most can be as few as half plus one).

There is no source for this information, for PR card application Secondary Review, so far as I am aware. Forum reports do not offer much given a minuscule and likely non-representative sample, except to illustrate some of the possibilities and a rough ballpark range of sorts.

As for the ballpark RANGE, six to twelve months seems to be the lower to upper range indicated by most forum reports, with a suggestion some take less time, and a stronger suggestion more than a few can go 12 to 14 months or even somewhat longer. But around a year, give or take a bit, seems to be the more common upper limit.

That said, as with most IRCC processes, individual factors tend to dominate how long the process takes for any given individual. This is true for most applications, but for those who are ROUTINELY processed, the median tends to indicate, roughly, how long it will take for MOST . . . something more than half of the applications, for any given procedure, are quite likely to progress through the process like progressing through a FIFO queue, in order and in about the same amount of time. (The difference between the fastest timelines and the median timeline is often rather small, but the difference between the median and 80% tends to be quite large: that is how long it takes for the fastest half compared to the next 30%; for many procedures historically the latter has taken double the time or more . . . again, for ROUTINELY processed applications.)

This is reflected in PR card application processing timelines for those who are not subject to SR or to a more formal and thorough PR Residency Obligation compliance examination. The large majority of PRC applications received around the same time tend to be completed in a relatively similar amount of time.

SR and other non-routine processing:

Non-routine processing throws timeline forecasting to the wind. Individual factors loom large. How long it took for others, even four out of five other individuals, offers little insight into how long it will take for any other given individual.

Contrary to popular opinion, it is not about luck or probabilities. It is mostly about the particular individual's specific circumstances.

This is especially true for certain types of non-routine processing: SR for PR card applications, and RQ for citizenship applications, are the two most obvious examples.

We know some of the various factors which can have an impact on how long SR for the PRC application MIGHT take. These have been discussed in some depth in back pages in this topic and in other topics.

Some of the more obvious and significantly negative factors:
-- living abroad (or IRCC perceiving the PR is living abroad) while the application is in process
-- reasons for IRCC to suspect any misrepresentations (at any stage, including going back to PR's original PR visa application, including representations made during any PoE Secondary examinations)
-- cutting-it-close relative to PR RO compliance (less than half time spent in Canada)
-- overall pattern or history suggesting the PR may NOT be fully settled and living permanently in Canada
-- previous history of PR RO or other inadmissibility concerns (CBSA or CIC/IRCC)
-- reasons for IRCC to apprehend criminality or security concerns
-- for PRs who are also refugees, any reason for IRCC to apprehend reavailment (a ground for cessation of protected person status), such as having obtained home country passport or having traveled to the home country​

There are, of course, many other factors. The above is just a sample.

Few forum reports about SR are frank about the negative factors potentially influencing their case, so there is very little information available about how these or other factors actually affect how things go for the individual. Indeed, much of what we know about negative factors tends to come from IAD and a very few Federal Court decisions, which tend to be more egregious or extreme cases and so do not illuminate much about close-call or borderline scenarios.

BOTTOM-LINE: The PR whose PRC application has been referred to SR can probably anticipate an overall timeline of at least four to six months, and up to little or no more than a year, UNLESS the PR is aware he or she is on the significantly-down-side of the negative factors, in which case a 10 to 14 month range looms . . . recognizing that these are BALL PARK ranges, and rather rough ballpark ranges at that. Other than particular security related concerns, living abroad, or being perceived as living abroad, is perhaps the factor most likely to push the range to the upper limit and beyond (especially when in conjunction with other negative factors).

Reactions: jrjayl