+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility passed letter ?

Mame Akibu

Apr 19, 2021
I am a convention refugee who applied for PR in Jan 2020. The processing of my application was delayed until Feb 2021 due to Covid 19.

Two days a ago i received a letter from IRCC saying that My eligibility has been confirmed for PR application under Protected person. But final decision will be made after all other requirements are meet such as medical background check.

I wanted to know if this letter means that my application is almost done and will be finalized very soon OR is it just a formal letter with no difference on my application status.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I am a convention refugee who applied for PR in Jan 2020. The processing of my application was delayed until Feb 2021 due to Covid 19.

Two days a ago i received a letter from IRCC saying that My eligibility has been confirmed for PR application under Protected person. But final decision will be made after all other requirements are meet such as medical background check.

I wanted to know if this letter means that my application is almost done and will be finalized very soon OR is it just a formal letter with no difference on my application status.
What day in January did you apply? You still need to get a decision made and then COPR and then the pr card.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Yes, it means you have met all requirements and you are eligible for PR. Just wait for the final decision and CoPr and then you will be asked to send photos for your card. I applied on Jan 15 but I have not got anything so you are so lucky. The next steps will be quick, hopefully.

Mame Akibu

Apr 19, 2021
Yes, it means you have met all requirements and you are eligible for PR. Just wait for the final decision and CoPr and then you will be asked to send photos for your card. I applied on Jan 15 but I have not got anything so you are so lucky. The next steps will be quick, hopefully.
Ok, that is good at least. But, My application says there are still 8 months until my application is completed.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Ok, that is good at least. But, My application says there are still 8 months until my application is completed.
Mine says the same thing. 8 months to complete but that is an estimated bar only so your application might be wrapped up earlier or later. Just be assured that you are lucky as some december 2019 applicants have not got eligibility passed yet. Nobody knows how the system works.

Mame Akibu

Apr 19, 2021
I agree. But i don't know what the relevance of this letter is. My understanding was we are automatically eligible for PR when our refugee hearing is approved. Except one has comitted a major crime to make them disqualified from the application. Do you think this eligibility letter makes any difference on how fast your application will be finalized ?, I personally do not think so.

Did you receive AOR letter?
I received that in feb 2021, a year after my application was submitted

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
I agree with you but this is the process - AIP which is eligibility letter then final decision then copr then card. You will have to go through that to obtain a physical pr card. I got my ARO in December 2020 but got nothing after that! As I said, nobody can expect when or how fast they will finalize an application as it depends on so many factors. You have applied after me and you got AIP before me. It is weird!

May 7, 2021
I agree with you but this is the process - AIP which is eligibility letter then final decision then copr then card. You will have to go through that to obtain a physical pr card. I got my ARO in December 2020 but got nothing after that! As I said, nobody can expect when or how fast they will finalize an application as it depends on so many factors. You have applied after me and you got AIP before me. It is weird!
Hello, hopefully you guys have got your PRs, so what is the procedure after passing the eligibility, would they call yiu for medical, police check etc... and how long will it take after that letter till PR card.

Thank you

jotsharma

Nov 1, 2023
Hello, hopefully you guys have got your PRs, so what is the procedure after passing the eligibility, would they call yiu for medical, police check etc... and how long will it take after that letter till PR card.

Thank you
hello! does any of you received yout pr card yet? please let me know.