+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview and biometrics invitation

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Guys, as I have mentioned earlier, the eligibility interview is a serious process. Please be prepared to answer any questions about your case during the interview. I have only shared my experience here. That doesn't mean they won't ask any questions during the process. Each case is different and hence there will be differences in how the process will go. The eligibility interview is to determine whether your case is credible or not and such. Once again, please be prepared and don't compare other cases with yours. Each person has different circumstances. I wish you all the best of luck. Do some research, eat healthily, and stay safe everyone. God bless.
thanks for your posting and clarification yes each case is different but again someone postings give guidelines and help others :)

Reactions: AlanThomas@S4M

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
thanks for your posting and clarification yes each case is different but again someone postings give guidelines and help others :)
Yeah, for sure man. I just wanted to clarify it, so that no one will hold me accountable if they get asked questions during the interview. Lol
Stay safe. :)

Reactions: Jamie90

patienthunter

Mar 21, 2021
I wish you the best of luck. :)
Hi, alan Thomas,

I need to ask everyone that please help me with this,

I received my eligibility interview in march 2021 and they took my biometrics, photo and said they referred my case and I will get an email before that interview and gave my passport seizure documents,

when will I receive the interview of getting the claimant id and work permit?

Received acknowledgment in 2020 july

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi, alan Thomas,

I need to ask everyone that please help me with this,

I received my eligibility interview in march 2021 and they took my biometrics, photo and said they referred my case and I will get an email before that interview and gave my passport seizure documents,

when will I receive the interview of getting the claimant id and work permit?

Received acknowledgment in 2020 july
Nobody knows yet most of us submitted in march and after that no further update.. :)

Mohamed99

Jul 4, 2020
Hi guys,

I had my eligibility interview, and it was very smooth and fast, thankfully. Basically, I got there 15 min before the appointment and waited for around 15 min before they called my name and directed me to a small office where there was a friendly immigration officer who told me to sit down. After introducing himself, he began going through some official documents and addressing what they are, for example, RPCD, IFHP and asked me to sign some forms. Then they gave me my refugee kit, and that is it. I asked him about the work permit he said they would mail it to me after 10-20 days. The whole interview took me around 45 min in total.

The interview was pleasant and easy to handle, and no, they did not ask me anything regarding my BOC. My advice to you guys don't panic and be yourself and relax.

Good luck.

Mem2020

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi guys,

I had my eligibility interview, and it was very smooth and fast, thankfully. Basically, I got there 15 min before the appointment and waited for around 15 min before they called my name and directed me to a small office where there was a friendly immigration officer who told me to sit down. After introducing himself, he began going through some official documents and addressing what they are, for example, RPCD, IFHP and asked me to sign some forms. Then they gave me my refugee kit, and that is it. I asked him about the work permit he said they would mail it to me after 10-20 days. The whole interview took me around 45 min in total.

The interview was pleasant and easy to handle, and no, they did not ask me anything regarding my BOC. My advice to you guys don't panic and be yourself and relax.

Good luck.

hello, glad you had passed your interview. Can you give us information when did you apply for refugee (which month) when you had biometric and when you got your interview notice?
Your answer is highly appreciated

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hi guys,

Good luck.
Congratulations bro :)

Reactions: Mohamed99

Mohamed99

Jul 4, 2020
hello, glad you had passed your interview. Can you give us information when did you apply for refugee (which month) when you had biometric and when you got your interview notice?
Your answer is highly appreciated
Thank you. I would love to share.

- I am a Quebec applicant.
- Made a refugee claim in April 2020.
- I submitted my biometrics in October 2020.
- Eligibility Interview notice was in April 2021 (the interview was held after 10 days from the date of the notice.)

Good luck.

Bella_2020

Jan 30, 2020
Hi guys,

Good luck.

Congratulations Mohamed.

@Mohamed99 , @AlanThomas@S4M Did you guys submit your BOC document during the interview or before?
My lawyer did not submit my BOC yet and when I asked him why he did not send it with other documents, he said I will do that in the interview or after that!!
I applied in June 2020 and went through these steps until now:
AOR: received.
Medical test: Done.
Biometrics: Submitted.
Interview: still waiting.

Jamie90

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Hi guys,

Good luck.
Thank you so much @Mohamed99 for your detailed response :) So happy for you

Reactions: Mohamed99